+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FotM in action. I wonder if Trion is paying attention...

Soulwalker

Default FotM in action. I wonder if Trion is paying attention...

I've been peering through the class forums the last few days and came to the interesting conclusion (at least to me) that you can visibly see FotM in action just by scanning through a few pages of posts regarding upcoming 1.3 class changes across the board. Pretty much each class forum already has a call to arms to speculate what the FotM will be for 1.3 after the changes to the popular builds - SC/Ele, Chloro/*, */*/Paragon, etc.

I wonder if Trion is paying attention to those posts, since basically it boils down to the fact that the bulk of players that post here (the vocal minority) give a crap about is their I-Win buttons.

Trion: Please nerf everybody. Make everyone do 1dps, and let the trash mobs sort it out for us.

Just pointing out the obvious - have fun flaming!

Yeah, I bet Trion doesn't even know what FotM spells. No one who works there knows anything about video games.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    Yeah, I bet Trion doesn't even know what FotM spells. No one who works there knows anything about video games.
    TBH, I have never had a problem with any of the changes, I'm not that obsessed over .05% damage.

Fight only tall Men! - They're Google'ing it now!

Do feel sorry for warriors though, nerfed to gell already, loads of same CD timers & now a larger nerf incoming.
    No trials... No tricks... No traps... No EU-RP server? NO THANKS!

Thanks, I was wondering when I'm come across the stupidest thing said on the forums today, and here you are providing it.

Sword of Telara

.o5 % damage wouldnt bother me either...a 30% dps loss does, tho i cant say i am 'obsessed' about it.

they pay attention to the FotM, thats how they know what to nerf apparently

finding lots of artifacts in certain spots? its fun? NERF.
    Got a good spec working for you? its fun and viable? NERF

there should be a private forum the devs cannot view :0

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chovie View Post
    .o5 % damage wouldnt bother me either...a 30% dps loss does, tho i cant say i am 'obsessed' about it.

they pay attention to the FotM, thats how they know what to nerf apparently

finding lots of artifacts in certain spots? its fun? NERF.
    Got a good spec working for you? its fun and viable? NERF

Heaven Forbid that Trion fix things that were the not intended mechanics of the game. They don't want people standing in one spot farming the same Artifact spawn for hours.

Trion, I suspect, also doesn't want exactly 1 viable Warrior DPS build. They weaken one build but have stated they intend to raise several other options to the level the one singular build was at. I don't see how more choice is a bad thing with character builds.
    Last edited by RengarA; 06-14-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammer is good, mmkay!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RengarA View Post
    Trion, I suspect, also doesn't want exactly 1 viable Warrior DPS build. They weaken one build but have stated they intend to raise several other options to the level the one singular build was at. I don't see how more choice is a bad thing with character builds.
    It isn't a bad thing, but the point I was trying to make (which I'll admit is kind of lost in the post) is that the vocal minority is already trying to flesh out that one min/max build that's head and shoulders above the rest. Basically, 1.3 comes along and we're back to square one in this process yet again.

Sez

I think I got you beat TheHangman...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

One of the fundamental aspects of MMO design is altering class archtypes to "balance" the game.

You can either take the cynical view that this is done to slow down players from noticing lack of content or the more optimistic view that changes keep things fresh and iteratively improve the game.

As for the OP, yeah, some of us are obsessed with efficiency. In fact, a good build can be as satisfying as completing a well-constructed story quest chain.

Sword of Telara

warrior can tank now, thats it, i dont see how thats more options.

ooh noz, the great Sez gets all serious about my jokey joke...

you guys who always defend the nerfs are the same guys insisting riftblade wasnt meant to be ranged. never mind that he throws spears for a living. go back and read the description of riftblade. you'll find phrases like "from across the battlefield"... yeah thats melee for sure duders

so every change they make in the name of balance or preventing what you call exploits is good? thats what it sounds like. there have been no misteps? no room for critique?

artifact farming was fun. it wasnt out of control or being exploited or anything, it wasnt ruining the economy or the game mechanics or anything. it was simply fun to hunt them. excellent nerf there, great balance ...hurray.....sorry but its just less fun now and MORE BORING. thatll keep me subbed. do more of that...find somehting I find fun and nerf it , I'll pay for more of that
    Last edited by Chovie; 06-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Plane Walker

Sometimes, the best spec isn't broken, it's just there's no other viable options. If the response to a nerf is "well I'm going to do xDPS less in this spec" and no one saying "I can change now" they failed. Buff the other specs in response. Also gutting and ruining the most unique fresh spec in game is not a good move. I like your mentioned of "chlor/x" protip: it's the only way to heal as a mage so of course chloro is the top choice for mages wanting to heal. I have to be honest I don't see FOTM threads. I see one thread on parses and a thread with someone saying "great buffs" and 5 pages of "no they aren't".

OP doesn't even know what he's talking about. The issue is not as simple as "too many whiners" some complaints are called for, some arent. To just dismiss everyone is as stupid as accepting all QQ.

Sword of Telara

as a newb they tell you stuff like "go to the forum and find a spec that works and learn 2 play"
    Thats what i did...found a spec on the forum, learned to play it and the game and then a week later they changed it on me. completely. Being new I was told this happens n these games, so tho bummed I had to rebuild and relearn my character...i went back to the forum and found another build that worked, spent alot of my in game resources and time retraining...then they nerf it again. I am sorry but how do you expect me to feel about that? glad? thankful for 'balance"? what was out of line with warrrior dps that it needed "balance" in the form of a 30% dps loss?

"oh but they arent really gonna go thru with that now"...yes cause we QQ'ed up a storm right? but its wrong to QQ about nerfs...so confusing .....which is it?

I love it "hey lets cut warriros weak dps another 30%, great idea!"..."Oh no, they are qqing about it on the forums!" "hey guys we werent REALLY gonna do that to you, we;'ve thought it out more thoroughly than it appears and will make the adjustments dont worry" pffft....

the more I play these games the less I understand about them it seems.

Plane Touched

as a newb they tell you stuff like "go to the forum and find a spec that works and learn 2 play"
    Thats what i did...found a spec on the forum, learned to play it and the game and then a week later they changed it on me. completely. Being new I was told this happens n these games, so tho bummed I had to rebuild and relearn my character...i went back to the forum and found another build that worked, spent alot of my in game resources and time retraining...then they nerf it again. I am sorry but how do you expect me to feel about that? glad? thankful for 'balance"? what was out of line with warrrior dps that it needed "balance" in the form of a 30% dps loss?

"oh but they arent really gonna go thru with that now"...yes cause we QQ'ed up a storm right? but its wrong to QQ about nerfs...so confusing .....which is it?

I love it "hey lets cut warriros weak dps another 30%, great idea!"..."Oh no, they are qqing about it on the forums!" "hey guys we werent REALLY gonna do that to you, we;'ve thought it out more thoroughly than it appears and will make the adjustments dont worry" pffft....

the more I play these games the less I understand about them it seems.
    OH NOES. It took you 1 minutes each patch for you to relearn your hard rotation?! OH NOES. It took you 50 gold to respec!? OH NOES. Think of the brain cells you wasted doing such a thing. You want weak dps? Try a cleric. Unless you're actually so bad that you're doing less dps than a similarly geared cleric, then it's not the nerfs that are the problem.

You are cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast