+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee DPS for PVE

Soulwalker

Default Melee DPS for PVE

Hi guys, i finally quit WOW after 5 years or so and joined the world of Rift but can't decide on a class i wanna play, i wanna be very good dps and also have some healing ability and be able to solo stuff if i want to but also i wanna be able to dual wield swords and axes, i've seen people recommending Clerics, but when i check them out there is no class in Cleric that dual wield weapons, so from everything i explained please help me choose the right class. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Siamak View Post
    Hi guys, i finally quit WOW after 5 years or so and joined the world of Rift but can't decide on a class i wanna play, i wanna be very good dps and also have some healing ability and be able to solo stuff if i want to but also i wanna be able to dual wield swords and axes, i've seen people recommending Clerics, but when i check them out there is no class in Cleric that dual wield weapons, so from everything i explained please help me choose the right class. thanks in advance.
    Rogues do all that. Where "some" healing ability is in their bard soul, though both the tank (riftstalker) and Assassin can technically also make green numbers happen.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

For dual-wielding your options are Paragon (Warrior) or one of the melee Rogue souls. None of these have very good healing ability but there are plenty of effective builds for solo leveling. Rogue has the Bard soul, which is support with some off-healing, but it's low DPS. I'd suggest Rogue simply for the variety of builds and playstyles, as dual-wielding Warriors are confined to one soul.

Go Rogue. It has nice versatility (can tank, melee DPS, ranged DPS, or off-heal) and they are very desirable in dungeons and WFs.

Contrast this to a warrior's 2 roles: melee DPS and tanking.

Soulwalker

Really? Rogues can DPS and tank better than any warrior souls? I hope not.

I know you didn't say that but I know rogues are more flexible and I have seen posts where ppl complain rogues are better in all aspects of the game.

I really want to play a BM, dual wielding warrior with some good avoidance abilities.....if that is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by meleemadness View Post
    Really? Rogues can DPS and tank better than any warrior souls? I hope not.

I know you didn't say that but I know rogues are more flexible and I have seen posts where ppl complain rogues are better in all aspects of the game.

I really want to play a BM, dual wielding warrior with some good avoidance abilities.....if that is even possible.
    I didn't say they could tank better; Warriors still make the nicest tanks in raids. That being said, in Expert 5 man dungeons (heroics), it really doesn't matter - A warrior's tanking or DPSing abilities don't shine compared to a rogue's (or cleric's) in these settings.

We're unaware of the final numbers for 1.3, but warrior DPS doesn't look reassuring.

Oddly enough, the spec you want to play probably will be somewhat viable.

+ Reply to Thread