+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Addressing Patch 1.3 PvP/Warrior Concerns

Rift Disciple

Default Addressing Patch 1.3 PvP/Warrior Concerns

So obviously with the Patch 1.3 coming up quick it's proposed list of changes have caused an uproar.

The mild mannered, but sometimes snappy Kutsuu, has gone to doing what he does best. Trying to find the next generation dps build for the benefit of all Warriors while he gets slammed with ridiculous requests, comments, and flat out told his builds can't be replicated or that Warriors are doing comparable dps on PTS as Live.

The soul defender of the Warlord soul himself, Sodahelm, has again brought to us some well thought out tanking statistics and questions regarding where tanks could likely end up toward the end of Hammerknell progression making many tanks jump for joy while crossing their fingers hoping their ridiculous amount of block goes unnoticed.

None of this however compares to the fury that has been unleashed by our PvP community.

Many of you are concerned about the addition of Critical Damage Reduction to the Valor stat, as well as the 240 base valor ALL players will receive just for being mouth breathers. I understand the concern, especially considering the existing imbalances of R6 Healers that exist in the live version today. Should nothing change and Patch 1.3 go live today many people have predicted the following:
    1. The world as we know it will end.
    2. Everyone is going to quit
    3. Clerics will no longer be R6 Demi-Gods but actual Gods.
    4. PvE oriented players will all suddenly be handed Hammerknell Relic gear so they can go crush PvPers because Trion secretly hates them.
    5. That Warriors massive DPS nerf will enevitably lead to only one option for Warrior DPS to get a raid slot: Let a Rogue wield you as he'll do better DPS and can literally carry you.

All of this lead me to wonder what would really happen should 1.3 go live today. In an effort to sate my curiosity and yours I've located unbiased, accurate, and incontrovertible evidence of how bad 1.3 will effect the Rift meta-game in it's current build. Someone once said Jesus was a Cleric, and someone else replied that if Jesus was a Cleric then Warrior's built the cross. Fair enough, and as it turns out, it's a perfect lead in to the video below that proves Clerics will in fact be Jesus come 1.3. And if that isn't good enough, Gersh makes an appearance toward's the end after the unveiling of the new 51p Cleric ability.! At least, that's what I was told.

Patch 1.3 Cleric In Action
    Last edited by Kiska; 06-13-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Telaran

Even though I'm sure this will get locked, I'm going to bump it. Why? We need more humor here.

Ascendant

That was such a fantastic troll. I watched the entire video.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    That was such a fantastic troll. I watched the entire video.
    And I completely forgot to add you into the lead in! I apologize! Admittedly I was enjoying a Frosty Float while I was writing and I was slightly distracted. You have been great on these forums, so I figure I'll at least put that out there.

Telaran

Have to say that was one op cleric ;-) Made me laugh good job.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiska View Post
    And I completely forgot to add you into the lead in! I apologize! Admittedly I was enjoying a Frosty Float while I was writing and I was slightly distracted. You have been great on these forums, so I figure I'll at least put that out there.
    Haha thanks. I parsed and theorycrafted with kuts a fair amount, but all my parses and builds mirrored things he already posted. So I've been kind of quiet over these changes. I'm looking forward to testing the compensation that we're supposedly getting for SLI. I'm curious to see whether it's going to favor dual wield or two hand, unlikely that it will buff both evenly.

im going to guess it will favor 2 handers just cause of the relic weapons in game now, bad enough the epics in hammer trash them we dont need em to rot before people get the new stuff! :P

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Haha thanks. I parsed and theorycrafted with kuts a fair amount, but all my parses and builds mirrored things he already posted. So I've been kind of quiet over these changes. I'm looking forward to testing the compensation that we're supposedly getting for SLI. I'm curious to see whether it's going to favor dual wield or two hand, unlikely that it will buff both evenly.
    I would guess two hand builds will benefit more from whatever change goes live simply by the fact that Paragon still has SLI and now also has the new Bend Like the Reed talent. However, it wouldn't be too hard for them to slightly buff Teaching of the Five Rings, or perhaps even implement an idea I saw awhile back (No not wielding 2 two handed weapons though that would be amazing for a dwarf) but to have Deadly Grace changed to something like a 25% chance to double cast an attack ability.

If they aren't going to address AP coefficients then they are going to have to retool both Teaching of the Five Rings and perhaps lower the point contribution level of the new Deadly Strikes to like begin giving bonus damage around 20 points in. Maybe fix Disruptive Strike?! Ahh.. one could only hope a useless skill could be made viable. I'd like to see them lower Avatar of the Rift to around 30-38 points and replace it with a new 51 point. Oddly enough unless something has changed Rift Fury stops boosting non-physical damage at 30 points so anything past that to pick up fluff talents in order to grab the 51 point Avatar buff is wasted. Perhaps they need to boost the non-physical buff from the talent to continue higher up than 30 points. Sadly Teaching of the Five Rings is the same, caps at 30 points into the soul.
    Last edited by Kiska; 06-14-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Even though I'm sure this will get locked, I'm going to bump it. Why? We need more humor here.
    They very well might, but after all the world ending, massive exodus, and utter destruction of Rift that been getting repeated over, and over.. I had hoped a little humor would go a long way. People just need to take a step back and breath, nothing is ever as bad as it seems. WoW survived many, many bad class change decisions, and so will Rift.

Rift Disciple

Erm, was the cleric the one with the machine gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiska View Post
    So obviously with the Patch 1.3 coming up quick it's proposed list of changes have caused an uproar.

The mild mannered, but sometimes snappy Kutsuu, has gone to doing what he does best. Trying to find the next generation dps build for the benefit of all Warriors while he gets slammed with ridiculous requests, comments, and flat out told his builds can't be replicated or that Warriors are doing comparable dps on PTS as Live.

The soul defender of the Warlord soul himself, Sodahelm, has again brought to us some well thought out tanking statistics and questions regarding where tanks could likely end up toward the end of Hammerknell progression making many tanks jump for joy while crossing their fingers hoping their ridiculous amount of block goes unnoticed.

None of this however compares to the fury that has been unleashed by our PvP community.

Many of you are concerned about the addition of Critical Damage Reduction to the Valor stat, as well as the 240 base valor ALL players will receive just for being mouth breathers. I understand the concern, especially considering the existing imbalances of R6 Healers that exist in the live version today. Should nothing change and Patch 1.3 go live today many people have predicted the following:
    1. The world as we know it will end.
    2. Everyone is going to quit
    3. Clerics will no longer be R6 Demi-Gods but actual Gods.
    4. PvE oriented players will all suddenly be handed Hammerknell Relic gear so they can go crush PvPers because Trion secretly hates them.
    5. That Warriors massive DPS nerf will enevitably lead to only one option for Warrior DPS to get a raid slot: Let a Rogue wield you as he'll do better DPS and can literally carry you.

All of this lead me to wonder what would really happen should 1.3 go live today. In an effort to sate my curiosity and yours I've located unbiased, accurate, and incontrovertible evidence of how bad 1.3 will effect the Rift meta-game in it's current build. Someone once said Jesus was a Cleric, and someone else replied that if Jesus was a Cleric then Warrior's built the cross. Fair enough, and as it turns out, it's a perfect lead in to the video below that proves Clerics will in fact be Jesus come 1.3. And if that isn't good enough, Gersh makes an appearance toward's the end after the unveiling of the new 51p Cleric ability.! At least, that's what I was told.

Patch 1.3 Cleric In Action
    What I got out of this is that if you wait long enough in PvP in 1.3, the Cleric will crash out of the WF.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    What I got out of this is that if you wait long enough in PvP in 1.3, the Cleric will crash out of the WF.
    Even Gersh won't be able to stop them! They will just heal through his Nerfs.

In all seriousness though, I think 1.3 will come out fine. It will take awhile for any overreaching effects to be felt, and I'm hoping it's enough time for them to counterbalance the changes. Though I question the wisdom of beginning WF testing to see how the new valor stat holds up before they have settled on the final class designs. Improper DPS output is only going to skew the numbers.
    Last edited by Kiska; 06-14-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Soulwalker

love this...

I want to dual wield Paragon warriors.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Xsi

You're either going to be heal-focused or anti-heal-focused in 1.3 in PvP unless you are p6. There will be no alternative (except the gimps).

Valor is a REAL issue. There is absolutely no way that Valor should be adjusted this far with current healing mechanics in PvP. There will be a lot of roles in trouble (those Sins and Warriors especially). Only the classes with "auto-crit" abilities will be able to take down p6 clerics solo unless the cleric runs out of mana.

Making a cleric run out of mana ... yeah, not fun.

I foresee a lot more "/sit" in the warfronts sucking out the fun.

Note: The Valor changes are probably fine from levels 10-49.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast