Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why havent druid and shamans souls been adressed on the upcoming patch?

Soulwalker

Default Why havent druid and shamans souls been adressed on the upcoming patch?

that's all i gota ask, despite the feedback players gave, despite the intentions of having an actual reliable melee soul that could work towards pve and pvp, devs choose to look the other way and make some stupid nerfs to stuff that was either needing a buff or just be left like it was.

these "patches" start to look like a marketing propaganda, cuz after the launcher finishes downloading and applying the content after each patch, i just log on to find the same **** i had the night before or even worst

As much as I'd love to see Shaman's be on par with Druid, I think they did right by putting it on and turning focus to other areas.

Druid is already good except it has a dumb pet (Dislike pets). I wish Shaman had more to bring to the table in raids.

I mean I would rather them continue working on warriors, haha even though there work is going in the opposite direction right now. And improve other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by xDuffvy; 06-13-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Druid/Shaman/Inq is the highest DPS spec for clerics, what exactly needs to be addressed? Your post doesn't specify what you think the problem is.

http://www.unstablerift.com/?q=node/460

What is unreliable or needs fixing? I don't personally play a cleric, but of all the things clerics in my guild complain about, druid and shaman souls never come up.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    Druid/Shaman/Inq is the highest DPS spec for clerics, what exactly needs to be addressed? Your post doesn't specify what you think the problem is.

http://www.unstablerift.com/?q=node/460

What is unreliable or needs fixing? I don't personally play a cleric, but of all the things clerics in my guild complain about, druid and shaman souls never come up.
    i doubt that a 31druid/29sham/11inq does higher dmg then a Inq/Cab, and i've tried all possible combinations, so shall i start with pvp? if u spec ranged dps, take Inq/sent/templar u get CC, sustained dmg heals and break free, now u cant have the same results if u spec melee, bcuz in order to have survivability and dmg u will have to sacrifice ur templar soul tree. another problem which will be even further complicated will be mana, has caster u can replenish via chaneling spell, on melee u gota activate a skill to do so and u gota hit ppl to replenish 10% with each hit or 20% if u stack both but in order to do so u gota have enough points spent into 2 diferent soul trees.

Battle charge, this skill is way to deep into shaman tree and druid has nothing like it so in order to close the gap betwen u and u target u gota rely on sleep which has a 2s cast, and bombard that applies 3s slow but with DR's good luck in achieving that.

pet dmg and overall AI is screwed, i have a macro that makes my pet cast its skills on my target but most of the time the pet's AI gets screwed making the pet stop atacking if the target is cc'ed, which would make sense if he was simply toggled to use its automatic behaviour, thus not breaking the cc, but no im commanding it to attack so it should stop attacking.
    also pet dmg is rellying on combined effort skill, which is melee and that brings us to gap closing and having to actualy hit someone to trigger that effect, without it ur pet dmg drops drasticly. yet on this matter, somewhere along the way satyr is no longer viable instead faery scales much better with SP but then again needing combined effort and it only gives u a boost for 15s IF the previously stated requirements are applied, and only IF the pet crits, its a not reliable bcuz u cant actively control the outcome at 100%, not like the shaman's rage of the north, in which u can activate it and u know for certainty what will happen.

now onto shaman, dmg overall sucks, i hit 50 on friday was in blue armor and weap, my clanies got me all purple, t2 gloves, crafted epics, t2 accessory, i was hitting ppl on pvp for 700'ish per jolt now i do 800... all that gear change for such a tiny improvement on dmg? massive blow criting for 500? while i get 1.9k crits from assassins and 1.5k from warrior that have much more reactives?

massive blow's dmg is way too weak considering you waste 5 points onto the tree to be able to refresh it and also has another 3 point ability to apply a bleeding DoT, yet i get crits of 600 with it on pve and pvp even lower ones. rage of the north could do with less cooldown time aswell, shield doesnt scale with SP

in sum melee cleric falls way behind the casting spec with blue gear i done 1.2k crit with fanaticism and sanction heretic on a player + the DoT no way have i've been able to reach this close with shaman jolt crit not even now that im better geared, pve wise i would rather take inq/sent/<insert soul> and just vex everything and soul drain

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Done View Post
    i doubt that a 31druid/29sham/11inq does higher dmg then a Inq/Cab, and i've tried all possible combinations, so shall i start with pvp? if u spec ranged dps, take Inq/sent/templar u get CC, sustained dmg heals and break free, now u cant have the same results if u spec melee, bcuz in order to have survivability and dmg u will have to sacrifice ur templar soul tree. another problem which will be even further complicated will be mana, has caster u can replenish via chaneling spell, on melee u gota activate a skill to do so and u gota hit ppl to replenish 10% with each hit or 20% if u stack both but in order to do so u gota have enough points spent into 2 diferent soul trees.

Battle charge, this skill is way to deep into shaman tree and druid has nothing like it so in order to close the gap betwen u and u target u gota rely on sleep which has a 2s cast, and bombard that applies 3s slow but with DR's good luck in achieving that.

pet dmg and overall AI is screwed, i have a macro that makes my pet cast its skills on my target but most of the time the pet's AI gets screwed making the pet stop atacking if the target is cc'ed, which would make sense if he was simply toggled to use its automatic behaviour, thus not breaking the cc, but no im commanding it to attack so it should stop attacking.
    also pet dmg is rellying on combined effort skill, which is melee and that brings us to gap closing and having to actualy hit someone to trigger that effect, without it ur pet dmg drops drasticly. yet on this matter, somewhere along the way satyr is no longer viable instead faery scales much better with SP but then again needing combined effort and it only gives u a boost for 15s IF the previously stated requirements are applied, and only IF the pet crits, its a not reliable bcuz u cant actively control the outcome at 100%, not like the shaman's rage of the north, in which u can activate it and u know for certainty what will happen.

now onto shaman, dmg overall sucks, i hit 50 on friday was in blue armor and weap, my clanies got me all purple, t2 gloves, crafted epics, t2 accessory, i was hitting ppl on pvp for 700'ish per jolt now i do 800... all that gear change for such a tiny improvement on dmg? massive blow criting for 500? while i get 1.9k crits from assassins and 1.5k from warrior that have much more reactives?

massive blow's dmg is way too weak considering you waste 5 points onto the tree to be able to refresh it and also has another 3 point ability to apply a bleeding DoT, yet i get crits of 600 with it on pve and pvp even lower ones. rage of the north could do with less cooldown time aswell, shield doesnt scale with SP

in sum melee cleric falls way behind the casting spec with blue gear i done 1.2k crit with fanaticism and sanction heretic on a player + the DoT no way have i've been able to reach this close with shaman jolt crit not even now that im better geared, pve wise i would rather take inq/sent/<insert soul> and just vex everything and soul drain
    Yes. You are wrong. 31 druid/24 shm/11 inq is by far the highest DPS cleric out there. Don't even care reading the rest when the first sentence is already completely wrong.

Telaran

Considering your a freshun to 50 can i suggest you spend some time testing and researching before baggin your class? I can assure you clerics have no issues with dmg if you put the effort in to figure it out.

Soulwalker

i dont excpect any decent answer from both of you, u 2 arent probably clerics nor know anything worth me reading, ive done my research i do pvp quite actively and i know for a fact that shaman soul needs work im not asking you to give your opinion to weather i am right or not cuz i know for a fact that cleric melee souls are underpowered considering the dmg other melees do, if i wana do dmg with clerics i know what to spec in order to do so but that would make me go caster and for that i have my main char which is a mage, so u 2 can go troll some other forum section has u clrearly dont have anything good to say other then 1 sentence with meaningless content

Telaran

lol. can't help those who don't want to be helped or won't help themselves

Soulwalker

what kind of help are u providing with "do research first and then bla bla" thats just garbage turned into text, i've done my research and this is what i found, do u play a melee cleric to begin with? no u dont, im telling u that with purple gear my jolt crits for 800 dmg, didnt scale enough in comparison with the drastic change of gear, i see warriors and assassins doing fcking tons of dmg more then i do and ur telling me to go research? i take that as an offense, plus were not only talking pve here, were talking pvp too sham/druid/inq solo stands no chance against a dps warrior or an assassin or pyro. these 2 souls need work thats the conclusion i got with my 50 lvls of research

lvl 50 cleric @shivermere where's your cleric?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Done View Post
    that's all i gota ask, despite the feedback players gave, despite the intentions of having an actual reliable melee soul that could work towards pve and pvp, devs choose to look the other way and make some stupid nerfs to stuff that was either needing a buff or just be left like it was.

these "patches" start to look like a marketing propaganda, cuz after the launcher finishes downloading and applying the content after each patch, i just log on to find the same **** i had the night before or even worst
    do you are really so eager to be nerfed too?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

Do you even run a parser to be aware of what dmg you are actually doing? Just because you rn't seeing MASSIVE crits dosn't mean you rnt doing dmg.

Look at the cleric forums, run the cookie cutter. I can tell you i was parsing a guild mate yesterday. He is actually a healer but is working on his DPS set to be more useful. In half way t2 gear he was pulling 8 to 900 dps on the dummy which is a pretty good starting point for a dps build. And beejbus it's a 1 macro build lol, could u get any easier?

Have a stroll through cleric forums, there are plenty of clerics doing plenty of dmg

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    Considering your a freshun to 50 can i suggest you spend some time testing and researching before baggin your class? I can assure you clerics have no issues with dmg if you put the effort in to figure it out.
    Dude, he's been carried to full T2 by his guild. That makes him the expert now!
    Last edited by Imi; 06-13-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Telaran

*slaps head* i should have known imi !

Done, be really happy they left Shaman/Druid alone this patch. Or you'd find yourself nerfed into the ground or have the core mechanics of the souls changed, or both.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    Do you even run a parser to be aware of what dmg you are actually doing? Just because you rn't seeing MASSIVE crits dosn't mean you rnt doing dmg.

Look at the cleric forums, run the cookie cutter. I can tell you i was parsing a guild mate yesterday. He is actually a healer but is working on his DPS set to be more useful. In half way t2 gear he was pulling 8 to 900 dps on the dummy which is a pretty good starting point for a dps build. And beejbus it's a 1 macro build lol, could u get any easier?

Have a stroll through cleric forums, there are plenty of clerics doing plenty of dmg
    gryffon were geting somewhere here! its an improvement u actualy made a sentence in which u provided with content that we can all find usefull and take profit from it! good work

now yes i do parse my dmg and i pulled 541max on a lvl 50 elite dummy, 36sham/sent/warden, now the cookie cutter build they use 29sham/31druid/11inq aint that reliable on pvp and so is my built cuz u have no CC breaker and only a reliable 4s silence a disrupt battle charge but u can make up with lack of cc/cc breaker with heals still i find this to be poor, can be the best melee dps spec (sham/druid/inq) but only works for pve now what about pvp? melee as cleric at end game scenario is useless! broken! and ones really gota be an hipocrit to say otherwise cuz the facts are there to see how many times do u see a melee cleric on a wf at 50? how many ppl actively play melee clerics if not for raids?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast