+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling Distribution Data

Soulwalker

Default Calling Distribution Data

I've read plenty of people speculating on what the distribution of players is between the various callings, but no one (that I've seen) has actual data. So, I've decided its time to fix that. I thought about creating characters for both factions on every server and checking them all, but that would take a lot more time than I'm willing to put out. However, there's another option, something I did back in DDO and it worked nicely.

So, I'm asking the community to help.

Here is what I am asking for, and it will take perhaps 30 seconds of your time. The next time you log in (and periodically afterwards, if you like) type "/who 50" which will bring up a list of all the level 50 characters of your faction, sort them by calling, and count the number of each. Then create a post in this thread, noting the shard, date, time (please convert your local time to EST so I don't have to figure out what time-zone Newfoundland is in. Use military time for simplicity, please. So, 8 pm would be 20:00), and then the calling distribution numbers (listed alphabetically, to make it easier to sort). So, 9-10-5-6 would be 9 clerics, 10 mages, 5 rogues, 6 warriors. I'll compile the data here and keep a running list of what things actually look like (and give us a decent idea of what the population of level 50 characters looks like on different servers at any point in time).

(If anyone has a better tool for this, I'd be happy to use that data instead)

So, I'll start to provide an example:

Galena 6/13 8:20 5-3-12-9

And off we go!

Soulwalker

(reserved)

Soulwalker

I can't edit old posts? Seriously? What kind of archaic forum technology is this?

Anyway, obviously include faction. So, my post should really read:

Galena Defiant 6/13 8:20 5-3-12-9
    Last edited by Wrathblood; 06-13-2011 at 04:37 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

You can do a /who per-calling at 50, which will show you 29 of each calling at peak times on most servers.

Which unfortunately tells you basically nothing. I am not sure that the unsorted /who 50 is giving you a representative sample either.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Master

I don't really know what you're going for here. A survey by calling doesn't really tell you much even if you were able to reasonably compile the data. Soul distribution imo would be far more interesting.

+ Reply to Thread