+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help decide between a Rogue and Mage

Shadowlander

Default Help decide between a Rogue and Mage

I just upgraded to a full account. During my trial, I leveled one of each class to 15 to try and get a glimpse of them all. Personally, I liked rogue and mage the most. At early levels, I enjoy them about equally.

What intrigues me about the rogue is being able to go ranged, melee, or tank with this style of game. The versatility is definitely a plus. But most of my mmo days have been spent as some type of mage since they've always attracted me. I do like the idea of being able to be both a dps and a healer. Are all the souls different and unique, or does it get boring being a mage?

I was wondering if anyone that has leveled both these classes to higher levels give me some pros and cons of both. I'm planning on exploring the whole game and balancing PvP and PvE.
    Last edited by Petey Pablo; 06-12-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Prophet of Telara

It gets boring being a mage.

I play a warrior now after mage got boring 2 or so months ago.

I think rogue would have more plus, stealth, ability to tank, ability to dps, ability to heal, ranged with pet, melee with single target and AoE. Ranged weapon, dual wield, Energy bar, combo points.

Play whichever you find fun. Even though it took me til level 50 and entering Tier 2's before I dropped from mage, personally I think level 40 is a good level to decide.

If you want a fun mage play necro/lock. The stand&cast mages aka every other mage soul, is just boring.

If you're interested a lot in pvp, however, I can't recommend mage. Sorry but marksmen will blow you up before you can say Ouch!

I'm not playing my necrolock until marksmen get a well deserved damage nerf in pvp.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Pablo View Post
    I just upgraded to a full account. During my trial, I leveled one of each class to 15 to try and get a glimpse of them all. Personally, I liked rogue and mage the most. At early levels, I enjoy them about equally.

What intrigues me about the rogue is being able to go ranged, melee, or tank with this style of game. The versatility is definitely a plus. But most of my mmo days have been spent as some type of mage since they've always attracted me. I do like the idea of being able to be both a dps and a healer. Are all the souls different and unique, or does it get boring being a mage?

I was wondering if anyone that has leveled both these classes to higher levels give me some pros and cons of both. I'm planning on exploring the whole game and balancing PvP and PvE.
    If you want to actually be useful after 1.3 patch, don't roll either.

Go Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post

Go Cleric.
    Beat me to it lawl

Ven
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post

Go Cleric.
    ^^ This.

/10c

Soulwalker

Depends. If you want to be a dps build, go Rogue. If you want to be a support class, go Rogue. If you want a good PvP class, go Rogue. Oh, wait...

Unfortunately, Mages have been getting debuffed with the new updates for some reason. Until they get back to where they used to be, I suggest the Rogue class.

+ Reply to Thread