+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What class should I choose ?

Soulwalker

Default What class should I choose ?

Right,

I'm a bit in doubt with the vast ammount of classes there are to choose what I think best fits me.
    I'm basicly looking for a class wich resembles how I felt Enhancement Shamans played in TBC.

So I'm looking for the following:
    A class which deals melee damage supported by magic
    A class which doesn't deal single blows with huge ammounts of damage but spreads it with lots of small attacks.
    A class which has the ability to heal itself.
    It's combat is fast paced

What soul combination do you recon suits me best ?
    Last edited by Razesdark; 06-12-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Cleric lol.

Sorry, guys, I just told this guy to be yet another annoying, immortal, ****ty damage dealing cleric.

How dare you Chomag

Yup cleric.

Not-a-warrior and you will be a-okay!

Rift Master

Cleric not only gives you what you want, but also the option to switch roles to god mode -healing- in PvP...Solo rogues, warriors mages!

pro

I would say rogues since there best overall choice but since you want to heal, cleric, anything but mage and warrior

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    I would say rogues since there best overall choice but since you want to heal, cleric, anything but mage and warrior
    Im going to have to ask.. considering the OP mentioned he wants melee.. why did you bother to list mage?
    As far as I know mages dont have a melee spec.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Razesdark View Post
    Right,

I'm a bit in doubt with the vast ammount of classes there are to choose what I think best fits me.
    I'm basicly looking for a class wich resembles how I felt Enhancement Shamans played in TBC.

So I'm looking for the following:
    A class which deals melee damage supported by magic
    A class which doesn't deal single blows with huge ammounts of damage but spreads it with lots of small attacks.
    A class which has the ability to heal itself.
    It's combat is fast paced

What soul combination do you recon suits me best ?
    The class that mostly resembles an enhance shaman is an enchance shaman in wow. Go play that if its what you want to play. Or you can play Rift there are fun classes to play in this game to. My suggestion would be to play a ranged class if you are kind of bad or a melee class if you want more of a challenge.

Cleric: Melee and ranged
    Rogue: Melee and ranged
    Warrior: Melee
    Mage: Ranged

Playing mupltiple classes and finding the one you like is a much better way to find something you like than trying to find something similar to what you liked in another game. Like I already said if you are dead set on playing an enhance shaman there is another game out there that has something thats exactly like what you are looking for.

More specifically, it sounds like you are looking for something that does a lot of damage over time, rather than burt damage. I'd recommend cleric cabalist,which has some self-healing. You can also augment with one of the healing souls in your build, and maybe a melee soul like shaman. Wouldn't be the strongest or most popular build, but it's more important to create something you'll enjoy playing.

I do, however, strongly agree with the above poster - you should experiment. Create multiple avatars at first and decide which you enjoy most. It may be different from what you've liked in other games - it was for me.
    Last edited by Dalet; 06-12-2011 at 10:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread