+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has it occured to anyone...

Telaran

Default Has it occured to anyone...

...that Trion is gathering data on the test server in order to determine how to buff our base damage? There has been massive outcry the past few days about how warrior dps is GOING to be. It seems everyone agrees removing SLI without compensation is completely illogical.

It is extremely likely that at least one person at Trion sees this as well. My prediction is that the changes to warrior will come with a base damage buff. The test server...well its the test server, isn't that what it is for?

If I were balancing a class, I would want A LOT of data when doing something as drastic as changing base damage calculations. Imagine they just threw a number in there and now warriors are doing 1.5x dps of every other class? There would be QQ on 3 class forums instead of one. And all over a test, not a live change.

I am hoping they are taking their time and doing it right and we truly have nothing to worry about.

*Meant to post this on Warrior forums, my bad!*
    Last edited by TheCatalyst; 06-12-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Yes it has occured:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Our intent with this patch was to reduce the reliance on SLI, and buff other souls appropriately to ensure that warriors could still obtain similar DPS values as in 1.2, just across a broader set of builds. As always we'll be looking at the warrior feedback, as well as the test numbers from PTS and adjust accordingly.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    Yes it has occured:
    Yes I think that is not comforting people because they see the small buffs that were added to champion and riftblade do not actually make up for SLI loss.

There will need to be a base damage adjustment with AP and as far as I know that has not yet been spelled out. If it has, please respond, I would absolutely love to be wrong on this one.
    Last edited by TheCatalyst; 06-12-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatalyst View Post
    the small buffs that were added to champion and riftblade do not actually make up for SLI loss.
    we'll be looking at the test numbers from PTS and adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatalyst View Post
    There will need to be a base damage adjustment with AP
    we'll be looking at the warrior feedback
    We're covered, just do some parsing and feed it back with your ideas.

Rift Master

It occurred to me in beta that warriors had too many critical skills lower down and in the tree, I voiced my opinion and they finally realised and working on changing it.

If Tempest from the elemental tree was available at 2 points in then reliance would also be in the mage tree, even at 28 points in theres reliance...

Prophet of Telara

The thing is, they said they want to make this change without affecting PvE. Since the crit changes only apply to PvP, they can't increase base damage without affecting PvE. One can logically use that information to conclude that no base damage increases are planned.

Fight now, or PvP in this game dies for at least one patch cycle and probably forever.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Oh yeah, and last I checked there is no auto-Prestige 6 merchant on the PTS. Long and short - there is no way to test these changes, so there is no way that they are gathering any useful data.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-12-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    The thing is, they said they want to make this change without affecting PvE. Since the crit changes only apply to PvP, they can't increase base damage without affecting PvE. One can logically use that information to conclude that no base damage increases are planned.

Fight now, or PvP in this game dies for at least one patch cycle and probably forever.
    This is a PvE game, it should be balanced mostly around PvE not PvP.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Matsy View Post
    This is a PvE game, it should be balanced mostly around PvE not PvP.
    They put PvP in, and are responsible for balancing it because of that decision. Nobody is saying that they need to spend a ton of time making PvP changes. We are asking the to do NOTHING, which would be better than this current pile of crap they are about to slap into a FedEx box and ship to us. Like it or not, PvP is a part of the game, and the game will suffer if that part of the player-base is alienated.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-12-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Rift Master

I never liked the uber crit builds anyway, to me they felt wrong and over shadowed many other souls and playstyles.

Too bad people can't roll over faces anymore, shrugs i couldnt care a less..

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    I never liked the uber crit builds anyway, to me they felt wrong and over shadowed many other souls and playstyles.

Too bad people can't roll over faces anymore, shrugs i couldnt care a less..
    I'm not a huge fan of relying on crits either. That being said, since AP doesn't do much compared to SP, how exactly is a MELEE class supposed to increase their damage in PvP now? They can't in any meaningful way.

Rift Master

I'm not a huge fan of relying on crits either. That being said, since AP doesn't do much compared to SP, how exactly is a MELEE class supposed to increase their damage in PvP now? They can't in any meaningful way.
    Are you telling me that if every melee build doesn't crit they're crap??

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    We're covered, just do some parsing and feed it back with your ideas.
    And Trion should trust parses sent to them by players wanting a DPS buff? I think not.

I'm curious what exactly he means by 'numbers from PTS'.
    I'm so BORED

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    Are you telling me that if every melee build doesn't crit they're crap??
    I'm telling you that the majority of Rogue builds and souls rely on critical percent and critical damage, causing them to be far more adversely affected by something so poorly thought out than many other classes. Many Rogue abilities throughout many of the trees focus on maximizing critical damage and increasing critical chance of one or all abilities. Of the first 10 points you can spend in Assassin, for example, 7 of them directly influence critical hit percentage.

If certain classes and abilities are killing people within the space of 1 or 2 GCD's, then those are the abilities that should be addressed. Big blanket knee-jerk changes only serve to tick off the majority of the player-base and introduce worse unintended consequences.

Rift Master

I'm telling you that the majority of Rogue builds and souls rely on critical percent and critical damage, causing them to be far more adversely affected by something so poorly thought out than many other classes. Many Rogue abilities throughout many of the trees focus on maximizing critical damage and increasing critical chance of one or all abilities. Of the first 10 points you can spend in Assassin, for example, 7 of them directly influence critical hit percentage.

If certain classes and abilities are killing people within the space of 1 or 2 GCD's, then those are the abilities that should be addressed. Big blanket knee-jerk changes only serve to tick off the majority of the player-base and introduce worse unintended consequences.
    I won't argue with you since I don't play a melee class, but I haven't seen any non-crit build casters out damage a good crit build rogue yet.

Hopefully the changes won't be as bad as you think, but I dont know :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast