Closed Thread

Thread: Rift has lied

Soulwalker

Default Rift has lied

Ok I demand a warrior that lets me have more than 2 roles! I demand the same ranges on my taunts as every other class! I demand to be treated the same as any other class out there! I demand to have a range spec that does EXACTLY the same DPS as the rogue!!!!!!! In short I demand EXACTLY what rift promised me at the start of this game. To have a rich and diversified character! Instead all I have recieved is a constant NERF BAT. SO fix this soon or I will drop my SUB!!!!

Soulwalker

can i have your stuff?

drop it i daer u
    u dont demand **** u dont have the right tto demand anything just pay trion your 15 bucks and shut up already

I kind of agree OP.

Warriors seem to be the only class that has 2 styles, every other has atleast 3.

Would be nice to see atleast a off healing spec.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Soulwalker

Default lol

Mages have... um... 2 sets to go by as well.

Every class claims the other classes are better.
    Every class claims any 'nerf' is a class ending cancel their subscription event.

My vision...
    Clerics heal. Period. WHY should a Mage have any type of heals, other than a necro?
    Tanks, well they tank. Taunts make up for lower DPS, they keep the aggro off the soft other classes.
    Rogues, well they sneak around and have high DPS only from the shadows, distance, or the rear.
    Mages, they have the true DPS, but trade off for lack of HP and Armour.

Im kinda turned off by every class can heal itself, mages rezzing, mages healing better than a lot of clerics, tanks out DPSing other specs...

But thats just me!!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by gary0515 View Post
    Ok I demand a warrior that lets me have more than 2 roles! I demand the same ranges on my taunts as every other class! I demand to be treated the same as any other class out there! I demand to have a range spec that does EXACTLY the same DPS as the rogue!!!!!!! In short I demand EXACTLY what rift promised me at the start of this game. To have a rich and diversified character! Instead all I have recieved is a constant NERF BAT. SO fix this soon or I will drop my SUB!!!!
    The first 3 highlighted items are inconsistent with the last one. I suspect you are being facetious, but then again, maybe not.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by chandalen View Post
    Im kinda turned off by every class can heal itself, mages rezzing, mages healing better than a lot of clerics, tanks out DPSing other specs...
    You're right. I checked the MMO Rulebook, and Section C Paragraph 7 subsection d clearly states that mages are not allowed to heal in MMOs. Thank you for pointing this out.

This post will come off as very brash and negative towards you, gary. Please believe me when I say it isn't. It is an attempt to get you to think rationally, and think like the MMO universe does.

You are a SINGLE person. YOU can change nothing. YOU have zero right to "demand" anything. YOU are paying a company 15 dollars a month to host their game, so that YOU can play.

Do you see the consistency there? You. You are the issue. You think that you have a right to everything, and you believe that because you see an issue, it must be corrected.

If you have an issue, why not state it in a more productive manner other than, "omgwtf!!!11!1 /ragequit"? I am quite positive that will give you much more positive attention than this has.

Plane Touched

I stopped reading when I read "Demand"

There are a lot more productive ways then kicking open the door and stating your demands, yeah?

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by gary0515 View Post
    why you dont just play a roque then?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I kind of agree OP.

Warriors seem to be the only class that has 2 styles, every other has atleast 3.

Would be nice to see atleast a off healing spec.
    They all have 4.

I count Ranged and Melee DPS as separate. Each is better/worse in different situations, and having the option to go ranged is always a good thing, never a bad one.

My vision...
    Clerics heal. Period. WHY should a Mage have any type of heals, other than a necro?
    Tanks, well they tank. Taunts make up for lower DPS, they keep the aggro off the soft other classes.
    Rogues, well they sneak around and have high DPS only from the shadows, distance, or the rear.
    ^this. my post is now long enough.
    * Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended. -Trion.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by chandalen View Post
    Mages have... um... 2 sets to go by as well.

Every class claims the other classes are better.
    Every class claims any 'nerf' is a class ending cancel their subscription event.

My vision...

But thats just me!!
    If thats your vision then why are you playing RIFT? The whole point of this game is that the callings all cover several aspects of raid roles.
    I agree that the current implimentation is a tad of and needs fixing. But locking things down like you "invision" is not the way for Rift.
    Not if you want Rift to become like every other MMO out there.
    Last edited by Brage; 06-12-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread