+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My gosh players...STOP THE QQ

Telaran

Default My gosh players...STOP THE QQ

Ok, the short and skinny of it is......really people....there is no such thing as "BALANCE", there never will be, one can't "balance" each class...and by balance everyone freaking means "Oh my WARRIOR should be able to out dps and self heal while 10,000 peple, boss, npc's or what the hell ever beat on me"......just stop, all of you whom complain a bout wanting "balance" in pvp / pve......if you want balance then here is a suggestion, strip your toons down to nekkedness.....go outside in the "forest" or wherethehellever, and /slap each other untill a clear winner is determined.

Some classes are naturally going to be better at certain things than others.......some people play better than others.......so you see, Trion, Activizzard, Bio-ware or anyother goshdang maker of an MMO can't make each class "balanced" so your healer can tank and your tank can heal, or your dps can tank, heal, AND make a sexy handbag....you get my meaning. Play your class, adjust, and stop wanting an all in one vanilla *** homogonized class; it really has ruined most mmo's, once the nerfs start happening because one class complains about not having the same damn thing as another class...the game quality goes down and it crashes and burns.

ive already said it and ill say it again....
    The more whining about balance and the more jealouosy about other classes the more trion will change.
    in other words

Trion is not the one to blame but the whiners and the drama queens who cry their eyes out
    the onlything trion does is listen to these people because they are the paying costomer

Ascendant

best example racial abilities. They were the only real difference between the races and people moaned and whined as long untill trion just made them so useless the difference was gone.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 06-11-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Devildogg View Post
    Ok, the short and skinny of it is......really people....there is no such thing as "BALANCE", there never will be, one can't "balance" each class...and by balance everyone freaking means "Oh my WARRIOR should be able to out dps and self heal while 10,000 peple, boss, npc's or what the hell ever beat on me"......just stop, all of you whom complain a bout wanting "balance" in pvp / pve......if you want balance then here is a suggestion, strip your toons down to nekkedness.....go outside in the "forest" or wherethehellever, and /slap each other untill a clear winner is determined.

Some classes are naturally going to be better at certain things than others.......some people play better than others.......so you see, Trion, Activizzard, Bio-ware or anyother goshdang maker of an MMO can't make each class "balanced" so your healer can tank and your tank can heal, or your dps can tank, heal, AND make a sexy handbag....you get my meaning. Play your class, adjust, and stop wanting an all in one vanilla *** homogonized class; it really has ruined most mmo's, once the nerfs start happening because one class complains about not having the same damn thing as another class...the game quality goes down and it crashes and burns.
    Seriously OP... STOP THE QQ ABOUT THE QQ!
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 06-11-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Rift Chaser

You want balance??? go play a FPS allrdy.

Shadowlander

Are you a Cleric?

Also, swings can be balanced, even though the opposite ends of them will never weigh exactly the same. That's the point of MMO balance, make it so nothing gamebreaking or unfair is present. It's not the case with 1.2 and certainly won't be the case with 1.3.

Of course, we could either suck it up and then enjoy the game less, or we could quitely unsubscribe, which wouldn't be good for the game. The first will inevitably lead to the second OR to voicing our concerns. Voicing concerns is not QQing.

Let me guess: you don't play warrior and you know nothing about that class or the up-and-coming changes. Rogue or Cleric, maybe?
    retired

Plane Walker

I heard you like QQ so I QQed about QQ so you can read QQ about QQ...

Have to agree with this. Maybe I'm too oldschool (yes, I actually played D&D before it was AD&D...there, I've dated myself), but it just seems that if things keep going the way they have been in MMOs, eventually there will be only one class.

At the risk of looking like an idiot I have to ask, what ever happened to mages/rogues doing major dps in exchange for tradeoffs like mages in paper armor and at range, and rogues needing to attack from stealth? Why do warriors now feel they have do the most dps but also be able to take the most damage? (They do get plate armor, after all.) And I don't understand the problem people have with clerics survivability if they're healing and not doing the most dps?

I think I'm just getting too old for this genre. I don't understand why, if someone thinks another class is better than they are, they don't just roll that class. Everyone seems to want it all, without any of the tradeoffs.

And yes, I've played Rogue, Mage, and Cleric. (Not so much Warrior....too much pressure for me =p)
    Rift Apothecary. "Better Living Brought to You by Aperture Science"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Have to agree with this. Maybe I'm too oldschool (yes, I actually played D&D before it was AD&D...there, I've dated myself), but it just seems that if things keep going the way they have been in MMOs, eventually there will be only one class.

At the risk of looking like an idiot I have to ask, what ever happened to mages/rogues doing major dps in exchange for tradeoffs like mages in paper armor and at range, and rogues needing to attack from stealth? Why do warriors now feel they have do the most dps but also be able to take the most damage? (They do get plate armor, after all.) And I don't understand the problem people have with clerics survivability if they're healing and not doing the most dps?

I think I'm just getting too old for this genre. I don't understand why, if someone thinks another class is better than they are, they don't just roll that class. Everyone seems to want it all, without any of the tradeoffs.

And yes, I've played Rogue, Mage, and Cleric. (Not so much Warrior....too much pressure for me =p)
    ^this

/10chars

Shadowlander

I haven't played WOW recently but when I was there warriors that were well geared killed anything and everything. I eventually got bored of my warrior and quit. Maybe the warrior majority here are ex WOW warriors who think it is perfectly good balance to be able to WTFPWN any class bar NONE as long as they have good gear and a healer. Afterall the class with the most armour and health shouldn't have less dps than those squishies PLUS they have to press a button to close the advantage ranged have over them, surely that warrants actually doing more DPS than those OP ranged mages and rogues who get one shotted in 1 warrior GCD.

Prophet of Telara

I just want a raid slot for my main a warrior. Tank, rdps, mdps or dps with utility as long as that is present my sub will remain.

The biggest problem I see with all these style of threads and what they are about is that the root of the perceived problem is from Public Test forums and people's experiences on the public test shard. Also to a greater degree gamers lack of knowledge related to the whole testing process.

At least give it time to be presented in live or even alpha notes before crying and countering others crying.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post

agreed. I've especially noticed in other mmos how cloth classes have been systematically replaced as top dps by plate wearers and wonder whats the point in wearing cloth.

Rift Disciple

The above question is interesting. I suppose it depends on the Lore as to whether or not your caster should be all DPS. As to cloth, who cares what you're wearing, the developers always seem to figure that being a caster sucks, so we will give you so many shields you could go to war in your underwear.

In fantasy, it has always been my view that you have WARRIORS, and then you have the various support classes designed to make the WARRIORS better in a fight. Of course, that's pretty much what the books are about mainly (as always a generalization has its exceptions). But try making a game based upon that! If the class isn't cool and devastating, why build it? Point in fact, how many people here started their character out as a Paragon?

These guys had the answer, in that you just quest a bunch of souls then respec cheap. So, you have the ability to level up quicker, then just respec at 50. But now at level 50 you have a ton of Clerics who don't know how to heal. Balance doesn't just exist in the PvP end-game. And when you have this ability, you are often times missing in the PVE aspects of the game - the support classes you need, because most often people are looking initially for PVE progression.

The OP has it right though. The game is the game.

If something TRULY didn't come off as designed, then the developers should fix it and we adjust. But this kind of attitude creates a problem. You are free to do this during Beta, but when it goes live, the masses do NOT like that sort of thing and you get QQ. QQ is bad. Once live, you can't just remake entire classes. You don't screw with the game's fundamentals, forcing everybody in one fell patch to become a n00b again. As a matter of an example, look at what happened to Star Wars: Galaxies. Or the famous "Buff Warriors Nerf Paladins" patches of WoW.

We, as the players, really don't want to HAVE to adjust with every patch, just because a bunch of Mages are whining they should be invulnerable and epic. Rogues become something else because they are pwning the next guy. You get the picture. I hate balance adjustments. These should have been done in beta and not live, but that's the nature of the beast I suppose.

Just don't completely gut my Ranger. Every game I have ever played has destroyed the class days into live servers.

Soulwalker

Folks can complain about justicar (tank) survivability while their buffs are up all they want.

What you don't see is folks complaining about justicar dps being too high. It's a trade off.

Like anything else in the game is. Warriors should not be the best at everything. Clerics, frankly aren't the best at anything, but healers have always been more survivable.

+ Reply to Thread