+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hander specs will be subpar both in offense and in defense.

Default 2 Hander specs will be subpar both in offense and in defense.

Acording to the current 1.3 pacht notes the Warrior Dev team keep the trend of diminishing cinergy among souls.

The changes to SLI, Path of the Wind and Deadly Strikes forces 2 handers warrior to go too deep in Champion for subpar PVE and PVP DPS.

Specialy in PvP these changes will deeply compromise melee warrios.
    Right now the champ three has 0 defensive abilities, 1 if u take Battle Field Intimidation in consideration.
    In current 1.2 every 2 hander warrior is forced to get defensive abilities in diferent souls like paragon or VK.
    Buy removing Champ/paragon synergy in the game you are forcing 2 Handed warriors to play without any defensive ability.

Have in mind other callings melee DPS souls will have better Defense and better DPS parses then any pure Champ build.

Night Blade:
    Twilight Sheter
    Twilight Transcendance
    Blackout

Assasin:
    Stealth
    Slip Way
    Poison Gas

Shaman:
    Thich Skined (1% tp 5% dmg redux)
    Favore of The Vanir (increse healing taken by 5to 10 %)
    Glacial Shield
    Heart of the Frozen Sea
    Heart of the Fire Mountain
    Heart of the Twhilight Forest

Any of these souls alredy outparse a non PET 2 hander build.
    With the current changes they will out dps out burst and out survive an champion based build in any pvp situation.

The only prupose a Warrior will have is Ligering Wounds, but if we look into Night Blades,.
    The soul have an spamable ranged attack (which u took from warriors and now Path of the Wind).
    A Ranged Finisher. Three realy strong defensive cooldowns. Better DPS than Champion and and the Heal Debuf.

What will be the point playing 2 hander (just becouse we like big stcks??!)

I must say that the current "BUFF" to Deadly Strikes is just plain DUMNB.

"Deadly Strikes: Now increases the damage of attack point builders by an additional amount for each point spent in Champion over 30."

A six point abilitie three abilitie that only starts to take effect only after 30 points in to the soul???? REALY???!!!!!

I think it was just me but I tought the abilities should be somewhat relevant at the point that we take then, not like 24 LEVELS AFTER IT.!!!!

The Dealy Strike + Paragon changes, froces 2hander Warriors into specs that will be subpar both in DPS and in Defense.

Also, forcing players into one spec in a soul system is which the advantage is customization is just non-sense.

This need to change.
    Last edited by Ashraa; 06-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalamar View Post
    I don't usually make pointless, funny or troll posts, but this is too funny to let pass by - Ashraa, the invincible Warrior, making a complaint topic about Mages. Really, Ashraa? Hahaha!
    I know I can do nothing faced against you.

inb4 12 pages.

Can we test this on the test server yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bludz View Post
    inb4 12 pages.

Can we test this on the test server yet?
    Yeas we can.

Check the warrior foruns.
    The top warriors contributors are now are parsing 20 to 30% lower than before.

Also we must say that right now warriors:

dont have a viable ranged spec
    dont have suport spec
    dont have a healing soul
    parse lower then every otehr caling in the game.
    Last edited by Ashraa; 06-11-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    I don't usually make pointless, funny or troll posts, but this is too funny to let pass by - Ashraa, the invincible Warrior, making a complaint topic about Mages. Really, Ashraa? Hahaha!

Plane Walker

2h is still better than DW, so how is it subpar?
    Last edited by RamzaBeoulve; 06-11-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    EU - Whitefall - Rhamza
    EU - Bloodiron - Ramza

Quote Originally Posted by RamzaBeoulve View Post
    2h is still better than DW, so how is it subpar?
    Prety simnple:

sub par to rogues
    sub par to clerics
    sub par to mages

Quote Originally Posted by Ashraa View Post
    Prety simnple:

sub par to rogues
    sub par to clerics
    sub par to mages
    A plate wearing Warriors DPS being less than a Leather wearing Rogue, a Chain wearing Melee/magic class and a Cloth wearing caster is nothing out of the norm. In fact it is as norm as I have known in any mmo.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    A plate wearing Warriors DPS being less than a Leather wearing Rogue, a Chain wearing Melee/magic class and a Cloth wearing caster is nothing out of the norm. In fact it is as norm as I have known in any mmo.

Just saying.
    So what is the role of DPS warriors in PVE?

If warriors were the only tanks in the game this way of thinkung would be ok.

But this is crealry not teh way Rift was desing.

If warriors were the only tanks in the game this way of thinking would be ok.

But this is clearly not the way Rift was designed.
    Fixed. English isn't your first language, I assume?
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 06-11-2011 at 07:50 AM.

No it is not, its portuguese.

Im also supper bad at typing when im R A G I N G.

If warriors were the only tanks in the game this way of thinkung would be ok.

But this is crealry not teh way Rift was desing.
    I'm not saying warriors should be sub par, just getting that straight.

The archetype plate melee is often on par or superior in AoE melee but that is generally tied in with a stance or skill which reduces avoidance or armour or increases dmg taken immensely.

Other tank types spec out of what makes them a tank to do high dps, a warrior while dropping shield and tanking stats is still donned in plate.

Tell me you wear leather however and it all goes out the window

But anyway just saying it is a common norm, Cloth glass cannon, leather high ranged (poor melee), leather ST high melee, chain melee/magic then plate melee, the plate melee using berserker/fervor type to go to high AoE melee or remain safe but not top dps.

I don't log in anymore.

Rift Chaser

SLI is an annoying crutch anyway. It's better they get it out of builds sooner, rather then later. It may hurt damage too much for other builds that aren't paragon, but that will just lead to buffs if it's too much and you now don't have to worry about keeping up the finisher.

And as for your comparison of champion to the melee rogues. Unbiased much? Champions can burst for 3-4k in one global if all their procs are up. They have one of, if not the, best aoe fear. The best heal debuff. A couple different stuns. Better armor. Higher health.

Nightblades have defensives because they are more about pressure and ramp up than burst damage.

Assassins have one good defensive skill on a 2 minute cooldown and go splat really fast without it, much faster then any warrior.

Shaman have no CC as far as I know, besides the one charge and their snare.

Every class has advantages and disadvantages. If you are going to list things, at least do it reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    But anyway just saying it is a common norm, Cloth glass cannon, leather high ranged (poor melee), leather ST high melee, chain melee/magic then plate melee, the plate melee using berserker/fervor type to go to high AoE melee or remain safe but not top dps.
    Ok, nicely said. Now please stop thinking of other games and remember it's Rift we're talking about. Where 75% classes can tank, 50% classes can heal raids (not including Bards unfortunately), 75% classes can melee DPS and 75% classes can ranged DPS.

You're saying warriors shouldn't melee DPS, can't heal, can't ranged DPS and should be happy to take the little tanking that is not taken over by rogues or clerics? Thank you for being so generous.
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

Plane Walker

It's still early in he class changes for 1.3.

But if the changes go through as is right now, I'll probably just stop raiding and probably quit the game.

It's bad enough that 50% of all drops are for clerics and warrior itemization is crap. I shouldn't have to suffer having the worst dps of all classes present.
    Last edited by leafs43; 06-11-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Prety simnple:
    sub par to mages
    not possible, if warriors are doing less dps than mages then you would parse a negative dps, healing your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmug View Post
    You're saying warriors shouldn't melee DPS, can't heal, can't ranged DPS and should be happy to take the little tanking that is not taken over by rogues or clerics? Thank you for being so generous.
    That's right. Oh no wait.. I said nothing of the sort.

If you read my posts, I said I am not saying warriors should do sub par dps, I actually typed those very words.

I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast