+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Why Healing is so OP in PvP

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Cirla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default Why Healing is so OP in PvP

    Ohkay if you think it about healing is the same equivalent to damaging. So therefore if you are a lets say a rogue that want's to be good at PvP and chooses the best DMG soul build so they toss out a good amount of DMG. Then a cleric that wants to be good at PvP and comes along and chooses the best healing soul build so they can heal just about the same amount of DMG as this rogue. Right now they're just about balanced... but then this cleric can also do a decent amount of DMG even if it's only half as good as the rogues. So if you add that up technically healers have 150% Power and DMG callings(Warrior/Rogue) still have the regular 100% Power. Really giving a healer any DMG at all gives them an advantage over DMG callings. Tried my best to explain it but yeah I think you get my point... Please consider this next time when making callings/souls.

    The only thing I can think of is to either increase DMG of DMG callings, decrease Valor of healing PvP gear, make DMG spells weaker when a HoT is active, give clerics healing souls a special healing ability that's only good with only healing souls equipped in all 3 slots, or give Warriors/Rogues some better healing debuff's or atleast one that can't be dispelled...

    Not trying to say WoW is any good or anything but if you look at all the Healing Specs they all had crappy damage in comparison to DMG specs. Instead of give healers decent damaging attacks they made it harder to kill healers by giving them spells to outrun, kite, slow enemy, root, basically Croud Control spells.


  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Because Dps is required on 90% of game. If you weaken healers to the point where that questing is not fun then you end up with even less healers (check out what happened to WOW). I am here because my favorite character was weaker at 85 DPS spec than she had been at 70 as a healing spec. All the healing in the world wont save you when your manna runs out so out think your priest opponent.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Acex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirla View Post
    Ohkay if you think it about healing is the same equivalent to damaging. So therefore if you are a lets say a rogue that want's to be good at PvP and chooses the best DMG soul build so they toss out a good amount of DMG. Then a cleric that wants to be good at PvP and comes along and chooses the best healing soul build so they can heal just about the same amount of DMG as this rogue. Right now they're just about balanced... but then this cleric can also do a decent amount of DMG even if it's only half as good as the rogues. So if you add that up technically healers have 150% Power and DMG callings(Warrior/Rogue) still have the regular 100% Power. Really giving a healer any DMG at all gives them an advantage over DMG callings. Tried my best to explain it but yeah I think you get my point... Please consider this next time when making callings/souls.

    The only thing I can think of is to either increase DMG of DMG callings, decrease Valor of healing PvP gear, make DMG spells weaker when a HoT is active, give clerics healing souls a special healing ability that's only good with only healing souls equipped in all 3 slots, or give Warriors/Rogues some better healing debuff's or atleast one that can't be dispelled...

    Not trying to say WoW is any good or anything but if you look at all the Healing Specs they all had crappy damage in comparison to DMG specs. Instead of give healers decent damaging attacks they made it harder to kill healers by giving them spells to outrun, kite, slow enemy, root, basically Croud Control spells.

    And when u use 50% healing debuff it's 100% rogues power vs 75% cleric power and when u cc healer it's even more less power.

    l2p - there is your problem max dps build bla bla, use all your tools given not only dmg.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Cirla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laughingweasel View Post
    Because Dps is required on 90% of game. If you weaken healers to the point where that questing is not fun then you end up with even less healers (check out what happened to WOW). I am here because my favorite character was weaker at 85 DPS spec than she had been at 70 as a healing spec. All the healing in the world wont save you when your manna runs out so out think your priest opponent.
    That's why I gave other suggestions other than nerfing healers such as giving better healing debuffs that can't be dispelled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    And when u use 50% healing debuff it's 100% rogues power vs 75% cleric power and when u cc healer it's even more less power.

    l2p - there is your problem max dps build bla bla, use all your tools given not only dmg.
    Yes the debuff would be even it out abit for a rogue but its not much help if its dispelled in a sec.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara TyrLith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    GL getting a HEALING DEBUFF in 1.3

    now that 2 H warrior is dead


    1.3 Clerics will reign supreme

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post

    1.3 Clerics will reign supreme
    So wait, we're going to see even more clerics about? Maybe it's the three different servers i play in, but there are so many clerics in those servers that it's actually putting me off the game.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Seastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirla View Post
    That's why I gave other suggestions other than nerfing healers such as giving better healing debuffs that can't be dispelled.



    Yes the debuff would be even it out abit for a rogue but its not much help if its dispelled in a sec.
    I cant cleanse the skill from warriors that reduces healing by 50%..

  8. #8
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Healing seems OP because most of its counters (CC, mana drains) got nerfed to oblivion in recent updates.
    I'm so BORED

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Healing effectiveness in PvP -only for PvP- needs to be reduced by a massive amount.

    It is flat out wrong to have a Cleric healing himself and his team while an entire group of DPS are focusing him with no success. It is irrelevant what composition and build the DPS have or what skill and gear level the Cleric is at, this should not happen.

    1 DPS I would agree should not be able to drop a healer, but the healer needs to be healing. In Rift the healer can DPS the other guy and kill him all the while healing him self. Again, just flat out wrong.

    The underlying assumption is if the Cleric is being attacked and he is healing him self he wont be healing others or doing damage. In Rift today the healing Cleric gets focused, heals him self and other while doing damage.

    In other words: God Mode!

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirla View Post

    Not trying to say WoW is any good or anything but if you look at all the Healing Specs they all had crappy damage in comparison to DMG specs. Instead of give healers decent damaging attacks they made it harder to kill healers by giving them spells to outrun, kite, slow enemy, root, basically Croud Control spells.

    I don't know, anyone who went Archangel/Atonement could spew out 18k crits on a 1.5 sec cast time and heal themselves for the same amount. That's fairly respectable damage and about the same amount of damage I can do in the same amount of time on my rogue in WoW.
    Rogue - Defiant
    Neglected - Whitefall PvP

    I stalk the AddOn section.
    Follow me on twitter for miscellaneous ramblings from within Rift.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirla View Post
    Why Healing is so OP in PvP
    Because people can't focus fire.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple BitterPill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    GL getting a HEALING DEBUFF in 1.3

    now that 2 H warrior is dead


    1.3 Clerics will reign supreme

    What I dont get by this attitude is a Cleric is normally there for the team.. Learn to make friends with healing clerics and use them for they are for SUPPORT..

    I cant kill anything but dude I will try my best to keep you up...

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Cirla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    What I dont get by this attitude is a Cleric is normally there for the team.. Learn to make friends with healing clerics and use them for they are for SUPPORT..

    I cant kill anything but dude I will try my best to keep you up...
    You shouldn't have to go out and find a pocket healing cleric to PvP, and you probably can't kill anything because you got a bad soul build. I know for a fact that clerics can heal and do dmg because last time I saw a cleric with 4 50 npcs on him attacking a questing area I thought to myself "Hey, this dudes got no chance with those NPC's and my MM Burst and 50% healing debuff on him". So I popped out of stealth and burst him with all CD's and what do you know he healed through all the DMG and also killed me............

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirla View Post
    You shouldn't have to go out and find a pocket healing cleric to PvP, and you probably can't kill anything because you got a bad soul build. I know for a fact that clerics can heal and do dmg because last time I saw a cleric with 4 50 npcs on him attacking a questing area I thought to myself "Hey, this dudes got no chance with those NPC's and my MM Burst and 50% healing debuff on him". So I popped out of stealth and burst him with all CD's and what do you know he healed through all the DMG and also killed me............
    We can say right of the bat that you screwed up at some point in the fight ( or when you made your build ).
    Because EVEN if you could not kill him, there's no way a cleric with 4 mobs can kill a marksman, unless the marksman is standing still and waiting for the cleric to kill him when he realises (the MM) he can't win the fight.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander Cirla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    We can say right of the bat that you screwed up at some point in the fight ( or when you made your build ).
    Because EVEN if you could not kill him, there's no way a cleric with 4 mobs can kill a marksman, unless the marksman is standing still and waiting for the cleric to kill him when he realises (the MM) he can't win the fight.
    Trust me I'm not an idiot when it comes to PvP, I can take down any other class perfectly fine. I'm never standing still always got some sort of speed buff on. With Improved Hit and Run, then Empowered Shot x2 + Swift Shot + Bull's Eye + Dead Eye = 4K dmg in 5secs. Also it wouldn't matter if I was standing still or not because he was using ranged spells.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts