+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please change 'mana user' only ability triggering

Soulwalker

Default Please change 'mana user' only ability triggering

I have no idea if this has been addressed before, but abilities that target only mana users are annoying to use in macros.

Abilities such as Catalyze and Unstable Reaction for the Void Knight only trigger when you use it on someone with a mana bar, due to their mana draining ability. However, when these are used in macros, they do not let the remaining skills set after them in the macro line fire either. This is mostly an irritation issue, but it makes things unnecessarily complicated when compared to every other ability.

My suggestion is actually to make these abilities fire when used on anyone, but not drain mana. That being said, I'd settle for it simply not firing and letting other abilities fire that I've set in my macros.

Thanks.

Make two sets of macros.

Or make use of more than 1 button?

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

While we're at it Trion please

1. Make it so my character automatically follows and turns with bosses to prevent me from getting cleaved
    2. Moves out of Area of Effect spells automatically
    3. Condense all of my abilities into one intelligent macro that tracks my combo points and automatically chooses the correct ability to use
    4. Automatically hit my button every global cooldown so I can watch tv while I play rift
    Last edited by BaronT; 06-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Don't be childish. Every other ability fires when used in a macro if the one before it is not eligible. I am simply asking them to make these abilities work the same way. I am not asking for something extra that other specs do not have. Even within warrior specs, there are many simpler specs to play, and that isn't including other classes which can have plenty of simplicity.

For the record, I already have different macros that I use on melee or mana using classes. My point was that every other spec/class I have doesn't need to do this. Why the distinction?

pro

Quote Originally Posted by SythKeeper View Post
    I have no idea if this has been addressed before, but abilities that target only mana users are annoying to use in macros.

Abilities such as Catalyze and Unstable Reaction for the Void Knight only trigger when you use it on someone with a mana bar, due to their mana draining ability. However, when these are used in macros, they do not let the remaining skills set after them in the macro line fire either. This is mostly an irritation issue, but it makes things unnecessarily complicated when compared to every other ability.

My suggestion is actually to make these abilities fire when used on anyone, but not drain mana. That being said, I'd settle for it simply not firing and letting other abilities fire that I've set in my macros.

Thanks.
    Get over it be happy you can make a macro and if it that annoying to he able to litterally play your class with one button how about you use 2 and make a second macro. It truly amazes me how people ask trion to pretty much wipe there butt for them when there are actual things that are important that they should be doing.

Soulwalker

I'll go ahead and reply just to keep it around. I'm surprised that people are so negative, but I suppose with the newer changes coming out, folks are in a pretty bad mood. Then again, I play a warrior and I'm not.

Anyone who plays Void Knight specs as well care to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    Or make use of more than 1 button?
    This ^

You choose to macro, they don't make you. So they don't have to change anything to suit your playstyle.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

My point was that every other spec/class I have doesn't need to do this. Why the distinction?
    Every other class and spec may not run into that specific problem, but every other class spec may not be able to use macros at all, and those that do, need multiple of them.

RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar

Some of the responses are moronic.

Nearly every ability in the game fails gracefully in macros. Two core abilities for a common tanking build do not, and macros entirely lock out if either of these fail. This isn't a learn-to-play issue, this is a clear bug that ought to be resolved.

Rift Disciple

Oh Noes, a melee having to hotkey situational abilities rather than facerolling their way to victory...

Ascendant

The OP wouldnt have made this post if he played a mage.

All that aside a lot of people are used to macros which in a sense is a executable program playing their character for them. I dont blame them tho game developers are out to make money. If it makes newbs easier to play/keep up with other players (so they are willing to keep paying) they will do it.

Dont believe me? 1.3 Trion is allowing 3rd party addons. You really think crap auto decursive (mashing 1 botton and it auto cleanse a debuff if your ally has one without you mouseover/click/targeting) wont start to plague Rift?

Give it a few months after Trion enable addons. I wont even be surprised cast sequence carebear **** will be full swing.

I will just 1111111111111111111111111111111111 and it auto targets party/raid member and remove curse if they have, heal if they are hurt, shield if they are full life and is tank, aoe heal if the average hp of the raid member is below 80% of total, auto burn instant cast cd and big heal on redlined tank... oh if no one in raid needs help -> dps rotation on focus target.

S t u p i d.

Rift Disciple

Don't be childish. Every other ability fires when used in a macro if the one before it is not eligible.
    It only works if the one before it is not eligible due to being on CD. Like someone else said, make another button. You can have 1 with your normal rotation without the mana drain, and one with it, or just put your mana drain ability on it's own bar.

Soulwalker

Yes, I already do use two separate macros. Warriors don't take 2 buttons to play people. I can't macro everything I need in one button, so the exaggerations are just silly. I routinely have multiple bars for different situations, and my entire macro allotment is full since I have several specs.

I am simply not describing a situation where I want one button to play the game, but if I have a finisher good for magic users that has a cooldown and does more damage, why can't I put it in front of a melee finisher that does less damage that has no cooldown? It should work the same way as Deathblow in front of Punishing Blow does for champs, which I'm sure almost EVERY warrior in the game has done. As it is, if I try to use Catalyze, it just says requirements not met and no other ability will fire in that macro. Explain to me how a macro with two abilities is trying to get everything to play the game for me.

I'm sure other classes have some type of similar ability. It's stupid, and it shouldn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Dont believe me? 1.3 Trion is allowing 3rd party addons. You really think crap auto decursive (mashing 1 botton and it auto cleanse a debuff if your ally has one without you mouseover/click/targeting) wont start to plague Rift?

Give it a few months after Trion enable addons. I wont even be surprised cast sequence carebear **** will be full swing.

I will just 1111111111111111111111111111111111 and it auto targets party/raid member and remove curse if they have, heal if they are hurt, shield if they are full life and is tank, aoe heal if the average hp of the raid member is below 80% of total, auto burn instant cast cd and big heal on redlined tank... oh if no one in raid needs help -> dps rotation on focus target.

S t u p i d.
    You realize Decursive hasn't done anything like this since Vanilla right? And I don't think it EVER let you hit one button and then make a decision of what to do for you. It might have auto decursed, and a diff. addon picked the optimal spell rank, but nothing decided what ability to use. And I repeat, they got rid of it after Vanilla.

I'm sorry that dps is faceroll easy, but don't try to pretend that healing is easymode too.

+ Reply to Thread