+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where Trion messed up!

pro

Default Where Trion messed up!

I love the soul system and all the diversity it gives us. But if everyone is suppose to be able to do everything why do we even have more than 1 calling? I mean its human nature to want to be the best at everything they do and that simply cant happen unless everyone is exactly the same. Im not saying callings should be able to do 1 or 2 things only. But everyone cant be the best which is why everyone should be able to achieve what there soul is meant to let them do but they shouldnt be the best unless thats what there calling is best at. Like clerics should be the best healer but they should be able to dps and tank but shouldnt be the best at it because then why would need the other callings? Rogues should be the best melee dps but should be able to buff, tank and have ranged dps but shouldnt dps because where would mages and warriors have a place. Mages do buffing and healing very well but lack badly in dps which is backwords to me. Warriors are the only ones who are restricted to 2 roles and there the best at both rogues are the only ones who can really challenge them at tanking and dps.
    There is a major problem with everyone believing there entitled to be the best at what they do which it is impossible for everyone to be the best. Namely dps for some reason everyone thinks they should be able to kill anyone with ease in any spec.

lol.

i got nothin, just lol.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    why do we even have more than 1 calling?
    So that I don't get hit by a 2handed Assassin/Pyro/Champion.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Remove mage, rogue & warrior from the game. Re-name the game 'Clerics of Telara' & be done with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Lol.....imagine popping out of a stealth with a massive 2h battleaxe

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeBites View Post
    Remove mage, rogue & warrior from the game. Re-name the game 'Clerics of Telara' & be done with it all.
    That would be sort of reasonable seeing as how clerics can heal all damage and kite everything except MM rogues. It takes about 5 people focus firing a healer to finally shut them down..

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kalay View Post
    Lol.....imagine popping out of a stealth with a massive 2h battleaxe
    and then casting a nice 6s cinderburst? this would be fun too :P

Rift Master

remove calling headers from your brain.... insert soul names and combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeBites View Post
    Warfronts would just consist of people running around overhealing themselves and knocking each other back.

great game if you could mix any 3 souls from any 4 callings.

but id simply be content if you could have some real classes, not the normal boring stuff. where is the battle mage? (cloth wearing sword wielding fire slinging battle mage!) where is the mage tank? (transforms into a demon and holds threat and takes little dmg). what about the plate wearing wizard? (ride in your full plate armor into battle to conjure up massive illusions to confuse the enemy while your teammates decimate them). and where is the real ranger? (you know that guy that can shoot you with a longbow from 400 paces then pull out his 2 full length swords (not daggers) and finish you off at melee... and cleric is just 100% useless in their originality... not a single fun soul in the whole calling imo...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    From 30 meters, with Backstab, five off-GCD burst damage skills and a Fulminate for dessert.
    Gotta admit that sounds sexy
    retired

Hrmmm i don't know what to say... other than.. No.

Also at most you have to roll is 4 characters and get them to 50... is that really that hard?

I like it, it makes it easier to get a dungeon started if you can't find someone to play the traditional role.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    I like it, it makes it easier to get a dungeon started if you can't find someone to play the traditional role.
    Mmm, I don't think so. Not as much as you think, at least. There are so many rogues/clerics who are not willing to tank and so many mages who are not willing to heal. It comes down to what people will and will not do.

This entire thread is making me wonder why I still look at the forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast