+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's better; Slayer's bearing or Soldier's bearing

Shadowlander

Default What's better; Slayer's bearing or Soldier's bearing

Is one always better than the other or once you get to a certain amount of crit, slayers becomes better ?

Rift Disciple

Slayers gives a 25% bonus to crit damage if talented. Crit damage then goes from 150% to 175%. This is a 16.6% increase in the damage of your critical hits.

Soldier's Bearing is an 8% increase of your BASE damage. You already have over 100% damage applied to your base damage, so soldier's is increasing it from 200% to 208%. This is an increase of 4%. Note that I'm not sure how much more than 100% you have, 2-h spec and SLI will give you about 100. Is AP factored in here as well? What else? I don't know.

In order for the 16% crit to be worse than 4% flat, you have to have a crit rating of around 25%.

Now factor in Proper Timing and that the highest damage per hit will come from finishers... I'd use slayers at 20%, if not sooner.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

In my testing (and I don't know everything) I prefer Slayer

Rift Chaser

As I recall, Soldier's Bearing applies to Physical damage whilst Slayer's Bearing improves ALL of your crits. If you do a noticeable amount of non-physical damage (e.g. there's some Riftblade in your DNA) then Slayer's becomes more attractive.
    Yes, I have a blog. I even update it from time to time

Originally Posted by TheHangman:
    In Rift, PVE raids you!

I suspect the crit damage scales better. i.e. if you have good crit gear and raid buffs, you're critting a ton, making it better. If you're crit rate is like 15%, it's not worth it.

Even with my bad gear, I use the crit damage on as 44para/22champ. Figuring it gave me good burst with parried strike and I'd have flowing strikes up a lot.

Shield of Telara

I believe the math done previously showed that if you were over 20-25% Crit, use Slayer's. If you're under 20%, use Soldier's.
    Yraen.com - Discussions Related to RIFT Warriors! Stop in and have a drink!
    How To: Preparing to Tank Tier 1 Dungeons
    Warrior PvE DPS Builds (1.1)
    Melee DPS Trinkets

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    I believe the math done previously showed that if you were over 20-25% Crit, use Slayer's. If you're under 20%, use Soldier's.

This is correct. I've actually found that once I was over 18% crit, Slayer's outperformed Soldier's.

Shadowlander

exactly what I was looking for, ty. I could have sworn I made this thread in the warrior forum though.

Rift Chaser

slayers bearing, especially when you consider throwing a weaponstone on top of it (another 15%). Even with vindicators 20 percent damage increase debuff, with soldier's bearing doesnt come close. Or you can go with the sli/soldiers/ravenous strength and its still hard to get enough of a base increase to make up for the crit increase. Especially when you consider essences, and paragons increased crit after a critical strike, the burst is far more effective with slayers.

+ Reply to Thread