+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question About PvP Soul Builds.

Default Question About PvP Soul Builds.

Are there any viable 20-21 pnt, PvP Soul builds? If so, please link them. Im not focusing on any single calling. Wouldn't mind starting a discussion on whether it's worthwhile to do deep into any of the pvp souls. Thanks in advance.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

Warrior have too many better options than the PvP soul.
    A few Clerics go 12 to reinforce, but only a few. 21 was common pre-nerf.
    Many mages are likely to go 15 to overload
    I've seen rogue flag runners spec'd 21 for step into shadows but I dont know post 1.2

The problem with making a PvP soul is that it has to be really good or it's not worth it. And if it's that good, it's likely to cause an imbalance. It would be better if there were just a "PvP perk" page separate from the soul system and to just make them not that good.

Prophet of Telara

the problem with pvp souls imo is that the differance in pvp in ranks through gear is huge after the valor changes. if they buffed pvp souls to be good, then a r6 with both the valor changes AND good pvp soul will be unkillable even with 3-4 "fresh starters"

if wf's were seperated by ranks (i.e. r1-2wf, r3-4, r5-6) then it would be ok to have strong pvp souls, but as of now, that a fresh lvl 50 can go against a r6 premade....

They should really buff the R1-R4 gear a bit. I'd even be cool upping R5-6 slightly. But yeah, the gear discrepancy especially before R4 is pretty dumb.

EDIT: Some people still use phalanx.
    Last edited by Sawdomite; 06-08-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    Warrior have too many better options than the PvP soul.
    A few Clerics go 12 to reinforce, but only a few. 21 was common pre-nerf.
    Many mages are likely to go 15 to overload
    I've seen rogue flag runners spec'd 21 for step into shadows but I dont know post 1.2

The problem with making a PvP soul is that it has to be really good or it's not worth it. And if it's that good, it's likely to cause an imbalance. It would be better if there were just a "PvP perk" page separate from the soul system and to just make them not that good.
    I like your idea about "PvP perks". Makes sense. Maybe let us choose from 1 minor perk when we hit 50 then we get to choose 1 more at each new Prestige Rank achieved. Maybe someone else could come up with something better. /shrug
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

That sounds like a good idea, but the gear discrepancy between rank 1 through rank 6 is simply too great to give additional benefits to higher ranking players.

No need to punish the R6 players, or reward those of us entering late in the game.

Simply give R6's something better to do than roll pugs, and you'll notice a lot of them will disappear from your WF queues.

There's no reason for Rank 6 to be the end, and farming lower ranked/geared players the reward. Seems like a lot of work for something you were probably able to do at Rank 3 or 4.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

+ Reply to Thread