+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whatever happened to...

Default Whatever happened to...

skills and talents outside of combat? With all this talk about pvp v pve or nerfing this and buffing that it is hard to tell the difference between the classes. Soon they will all have the same attacks, same defenses, and same weaknesses.

So, whatever happened to
    Rogues picking locks, finding/disarming traps, and other rogue-like abilities?
    Mages removing/casting curses, opening portals and other mage-like stuff?
    Clerics fighting for their faith, battling demons and other priestly-like stuff?
    Warriors being the end all be all of combat, the great defender, the roadblock, and other warrior-like stuff?

All I see now are number crunchers who want to nerf x so that they can better beat them. Why not make everyone the same for pvp? Total balance. Then it would take more skill to be good if you all had the same stuff.

You really want to balance pvp? Make all damage friendly fire. That AOE isn't so cool now that you are nuking your own team as well.

Every effort to balance pvp is hurting pve. I know a lot don't care about that. I know that people have been shouting that the game revolves around pve though I never saw a dev actually say that.

Sorry. I ramble on. I'm at work and brain dead atm. So those are some thoughts, take them or leave them.
    Hardcore = Planning life around the game.
    Casual = Planning the game around life.

Frothgar - Cleric - Dark Serenity || Resch - Warrior - Dark Serenity
    Serious Player- Casual Hours

Ascendant

valid points! i like the class specific things you mentioned!

Soulwalker

MMO's all boil down to 1 thing: The Holy Trinity.

Everything else is just gravy.

With that said, mages need to be able to port ppl, I really liked that feature.

and hunters, beastmasters, "rangers" able to pick their pet from the world and have stables for the pets to keep them as they get more.
    best pet class ever was the cata wow hunter imo. mana hunter was never my type and so few stable spaces sucked. thats the only thing i miss from wow... the only class that could extreme solo or be a great ally for group AND had the world as a petshop
    Last edited by TJ74; 06-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kortel View Post
    You really want to balance pvp? Make all damage friendly fire. That AOE isn't so cool now that you are nuking your own team as well.
    Oh man I would pay the sub fee just to read the QQ threads about that. Hilarious!

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Kortel View Post
    Warriors being the end all be all of combat, the great defender, the roadblock, and other warrior-like stuff?
    Hidden in your mundane ramblings, is an obvious "Buff warriors" point.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread