+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any news on fixing buffs that should be passive abilities?

Plane Touched

Default Any news on fixing buffs that should be passive abilities?

Examples: Chloro rendered useless when LFG is dispelled. The entire points a Chloro spends are practically wasted due to a dispel.

I know it can be done. Living Essence is a passive ability. This isn't just a problem for Chloro's, they are just the easiest to see.

I really doubt Trion wants Clerics to be the only PVP valid healing spec.

Rift Disciple

from what ive heard: stormcaller and pyro getting damage nurfs... so.... i hope so....
    i love my chloro! annoying reapplying that buff 30 times a match
    Last edited by Fizbini; 06-07-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Plane Touched

Not as annoying when it keeps getting removed, and you have a cooldown to reapply it. >.> Rogues have become a bit to crafty with this change. I'm always useless trying to get away CC a rogue.

Justicars have about 5 buffs they need to apply in order to do their normal Justicar stuff. Three of them are absolutely mandatory to do any of their normal healing. All of them can be purged. It makes PvP painful, but at least more interesting, and getting a battle rez as a Justi tank really bad.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    Justicars have about 5 buffs they need to apply in order to do their normal Justicar stuff. Three of them are absolutely mandatory to do any of their normal healing. All of them can be purged. It makes PvP painful, but at least more interesting, and getting a battle rez as a Justi tank really bad.
    Not actually true. I have never been able to purge Salvation or Cavalier. (Or MoH, now that I think of it.)
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

forget chloro... how about shooting a cleric and removing 2400 armor and 3.700 Hp in ONE HIT? (justicar meins)

Shadowlander

I know I'm going to get flamed but I think it's fine the way it is. It reminds me of the buff shears in daoc in which it was part of tactics/strategy to shear buffs. Maybe they can make it so that only self buffs can't be sheared. Or perhaps they should just reduce the amount of buffs that can be pulled off at a time.

Other than that, you should be keeping track of your own buffs and then react accordingly.

Edit:

Or instead of removing the buffs maybe they should make shears debuff buffs (if that makes sense). It doesn't drop said buff but makes it less effective for like 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Cristofoli; 06-08-2011 at 09:40 AM.

I was on test the other day and I found out that class mechanic buffs are no longer purgeable. This means that class buffs for justicar and chloro are no longer purgeable. (tested with another player)

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Not actually true. I have never been able to purge Salvation or Cavalier. (Or MoH, now that I think of it.)
    Salvation can be purged.

Cavalier and MoH cannot.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Can't purge MoH, but I've had Salvation or Cavalier purged off of me. Pretty sure about that. I'll go test it later.
    Last edited by beawr; 06-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

+ Reply to Thread