+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Healing in PvP is overpowered guyz!

Banned

Default Healing in PvP is overpowered guyz!

Enough with the QQ about healing being overpowered and clerics being hard to kill (despite being underpowered in almost every way, provably, with everything "overpowered" demonstrated incredibly false over and over).

Let me show you what you can do, but don't. Stop trying to see as many numbers as possible above 1000 on your screen, because I see numbers > 5000 routinely.

And yes, this is blatantly overpowered and demonstrates quite nicely how pathetically weak we are in PvP given the available capabilities of other (even if less played) callings. I doubt this will ever be fixed because clerics are only ever nerfed, never buffed.

Enjoy:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2h6y5cj.jpg

Yes, a TOTL HI hit for 1 just before I took this picture. That was the reason for the picture (it crit for 1). That's ~7k of healing cut down to 3. Yes, 3. (crit HI is 4.5k, HB is 1.8k, SS at 3x is 400).

This is just one of at least 20 ways to kill a cleric or anyone a cleric happens to be healing. We are, for all intents and purposes, the weakest of all callings, by a very, very large margin.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Enough with the QQ about healing being overpowered and clerics being hard to kill (despite being underpowered in almost every way, provably, with everything "overpowered" demonstrated incredibly false over and over).

Let me show you what you can do, but don't. Stop trying to see as many numbers as possible above 1000 on your screen, because I see numbers > 5000 routinely.

And yes, this is blatantly overpowered and demonstrates quite nicely how pathetically weak we are in PvP given the available capabilities of other (even if less played) callings. I doubt this will ever be fixed because clerics are only ever nerfed, never buffed.

Enjoy:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2h6y5cj.jpg

Yes, a TOTL HI hit for 1 just before I took this picture. That was the reason for the picture (it crit for 1). That's ~7k of healing cut down to 3. Yes, 3. (crit HI is 4.5k, HB is 1.8k, SS at 3x is 400).

This is just one of at least 20 ways to kill a cleric or anyone a cleric happens to be healing. We are, for all intents and purposes, the weakest of all callings, by a very, very large margin.
    Next time show combat log and not chat. Mainly because it would of also stated in combat log that <insert number here> was over healed.

What I see in this picture is this.

You got hit for 42 damage and before that even happened you had -1 health from your full health. You then used healing spell and healed for 1 with a (number) over healed which will NOT show up on the screen only in combat log.

Hence the above about combat log.

This does not prove anything relating to Clerics that they are bad healers and/or bad damage dealers. Neither is the case. They are incredibly good healers and very good damage dealers.

Nuff said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Next time show combat log and not chat. Mainly because it would of also stated in combat log that <insert number here> was over healed.

What I see in this picture is this.

You got hit for 42 damage and before that even happened you had -1 health from your full health. You then used healing spell and healed for 1 with a (number) over healed which will NOT show up on the screen only in combat log.

Hence the above about combat log.

This does not prove anything relating to Clerics that they are bad healers and/or bad damage dealers. Neither is the case. They are incredibly good healers and very good damage dealers.

Nuff said.
    Please note that I am both healing and targetting Puddin. And it is pretty much impossible to get a shot of my combat log for healing. It's easy when someone crits you for 7k because your combat log STOPS. My combat log scrolls those heals off in about 10-15 seconds, especially considering we killed everyone there.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 06-07-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Shield of Telara

Please note that I am both healing and targetting Puddin. And it is pretty much impossible to get a shot of my combat log for healing. It's easy when someone crits you for 7k because your combat log STOPS. My combat log scrolls those heals off in about 10-15 seconds, especially considering we killed everyone there.
    By all means that is understandable. I know how it is to check combat logs and find what you're looking for scrolled to far up.

But yeah, what I said above is how I see it from that picture which is why we need a proper combat log. Because you'll find that absorbed damaged and over heals will not show up on screen but be in brackets in combat log.

Banned

By all means that is understandable. I know how it is to check combat logs and find what you're looking for scrolled to far up.

But yeah, what I said above is how I see it from that picture which is why we need a proper combat log. Because you'll find that absorbed damaged and over heals will not show up on screen but be in brackets in combat log.
    I think you have no idea what you're talking about

You do realize this is/should be a bug caused by healing debuff from flag stacking additively with player based healing debuffs (in this case warrior debuff) making your heals nulified.

Also saying that clerics are underpowered based on 1 example of 1 warfront and that can't occur anywhere alse but in Whitefall after a certain period of turtling the flag is just silly.

But since you are obviously saying like there is skill needed to heal debuff a target so much you obviously aren't aware of Whitefall flag debuff.

And again.
    Noone is complaining about some **** rank 3 clerics.
    Noone.
    Especially not some rank 3 cleric warden.

Rank 6 is where the problem is.

EDIT:
    You dont even have all your spells keybinded.
    Not worth talking anymore about rank 3 cleric that doesn't have keybinded spells and without any usefull macros.
    Last edited by joker225; 06-07-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Shield of Telara

I think you have no idea what you're talking about
    Think it's the other way round.

You can't even show a combat log to even prove what you're saying.

Those numbers on the screen aren't everything.

Soulwalker

Think it's the other way round.

You can't even show a combat log to even prove what you're saying.

Those numbers on the screen aren't everything.
    uhm.

The target she was healing was debuffed by both the flag and by a warrior.

There weren't any over heals. The person she was healing isn't even at full health when the heals landed. How could there be any over heals? That is actually what she healed.

I'll admit the stacking of healing debuffs in this situation should be fixed.

Combat log please.

I think the real question that is offered by this SS is... Did Unstable actually win a WF?!?
    Last edited by Krazer; 06-07-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Healing debuffs stack at 70%. However the flag from WF gives the carrier a healing debuff (Not sure exact number) which is not affected by the healing reduction cap. Meaning that if you are already at the 70% cap and pick up the WF flag. You will be at 100.

Learn the mechanics before you complain.

Edit: These forums are still garbage...
    Last edited by Krazer; 06-07-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Plane Walker

Once you get the shard debuff, you get a 50% healing debuff. This is additive to whatever other debuff players can put on the shard carrier, nullifying any attempt at healing him (or healing yourself if a healing cleric is holding the shard).

This is the main reason the defensive teams lose in Whitefall and why you can't allow your shard to reach the enemy base. Basically because if the timing is wrong, the enemy rogues will be in your team and will kill your shard carrier without him or any healers being able to do much about it.

I don't think the OP has a valid argument pro healing. A more valid argument to make is my own experience vs all these teams where hardly any rogues have healing debuffs. Warriors at least seem to have them more often than rogues for some reason. Rogues seem to avoid eradicate as well for some reason as well, or they don't use it effectively in average teams.

Against good teams healing doesn't save the healers. Some abilities do, like Overload (although I had it purged off me by good teams) or Healer's Covenant or outside help like a warrior throwing a mass fear breaking the coordinated focused fire vs healers. Equally geared players to their targets don't have issues killing healers.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    This is the main reason the defensive teams lose in Whitefall and why you can't allow your shard to reach the enemy base. Basically because if the timing is wrong, the enemy rogues will be in your team and will kill your shard carrier without him or any healers being able to do much about it.
    Because warriors are trash and have no utility if they don't have that healing debuff, which happens to come with 2-handers; the only usable warrior weapons in PvP. So all the (competent) warriors run with it.

Rogues have half a dozen useful builds, and only the nightblade spec has a healing debuff.
    Last edited by Kristoph; 06-07-2011 at 02:23 AM.

I lol'd @ the SH!T macro on your action bar.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    Because warriors are trash and have no utility if they don't have that healing debuff, which happens to come with 2-handers; the only usable warrior weapons in PvP. So all the (competent) warriors run with it.

Rogues have half a dozen useful builds, and only the nightblade spec has a healing debuff.
    I don't understand why you quoted my comment. I mentioned rogues because it's easier for them to stealth to the carrier and catch him unaware. The warrior's debuff is more effective in terms of being unpurgable, but if both warriors and rogues put the debuffs up, they guarantee that noone will be able to heal the stone carrier until they kill him.

Which is why I mentioned that winning a warfront where both teams have the shards in their bases it's often a matter of timing and even good teams can lose if their timing is wrong.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Larloch View Post
    I lol'd @ the SH!T macro on your action bar.
    Which one?

Btw, in case you don't know it, you don't need to give a name to your macro, so they can look exactly like the non-macroed spells. For example all my spells that use the mouseoverUI macro bit have no name. I basically use names only for the spells or spells combinations that I have designated self casted.

And a last comment, if it works for him, all is well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast