+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Creature Handlers, Beast Masters, Rangers, Pet classes! Spout your idea's!

Default Creature Handlers, Beast Masters, Rangers, Pet classes! Spout your idea's!

With the BM announced! (no not a Blood Mage! a Beast Master!) I thought it would be a good idea to see what sort of animals everyone would want to have as their companions. Personally I am hoping for a very rich selection of creatures and nature life in RIFT: Planes of Telara.

But not only rich in graphics but also rich in how your pets behave and what use they have to you, Here are some of my idea's:

- Tigers: DPS type of creature which jumps to his target stunning it for a short duration and doing dmg in multiple type of fluirries. Fast movement speed
    - Bears: Hybrid between defense and offense, slow movement and attack speed but with high damage single paw strikers. Can go into a frenzy based on how low his health is and can take more damage than the tiger.
    - Elephant! Strikes and a stampee type of attack, but mostly a protective creature.

Besides that I was thinking of animals like: Rhino's, ostrich, badgers, puma's. For a bare moment I also considered insects like a collection of small ants, spiders, scroptions and most of all bee's but I guess people would find that pretty disturbing. I however would love to send a swarm of bee's or scorpions to my enemies and watch them run in terror!

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Wolf, night only pet with bonus at night time
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    Wolf, night only pet with bonus at night time
    Ow bonus at night would be cool indeed! Not totally gimp making during the day but a small bonus to damage to damage during the night sounds like a very nice idea to me Or maybe a bonus to exploration at night where you con / see hidden creatures easier.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

BM excites me very much! I really hope there are lots of creatures to choose from!

I hope I don't have to actually feed them...

As for creatures I would like to see,
    Birds: Drop stuff on people

Kangaroos! They pack a powerful kick!
    Or a Moose!!

Fox: a rogue type of creature that deals heavy dmg, but can't really take a hit.
    Crocks: Strong crippling attacks and can attach to an enemy, dealing dmg over time and snaring it.
    Scorpion: poison based attacks

There are a lot of things they can do with this. Really going to love see who gets the beastmasters. might be tanks, might be rogues, really hope rogues, but I think it's going to be tanks .

Bob

Cats, lotsa cats! Tigers, lions, ligers, panthers, cats with lazers, cats without lazors... Fast bleeding damage.
    Boar/pig and bear - tankpet with alot of armor.
    Panda, moose, elephant, giraffe, cows and/or squirrle would be really awesome too.
    Maybe some kind of dinosaur? Or ponies?

I'd tame a goblin.

Dogs/wolves, vultures, and spiders.
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

Rift Master

I always loved the idea of a melee class that can heal and has a pet. EQ1 had the ever so over powerful Beastlord which I loved. Yes they were OP but thats not why I loved them. The concept of the class is what I loved. Sadly Sony never felt they needed/wanted to repeat the Beastlord in EQ2.

I have no doubt my first toon in Rift will be some modification of this type.

BeastMaster, eh?

Let's see ...

- Eagle
    - Black Tiger
    - Couple of Ferrets.

Hehe. But seriously? Umm ... Large Birds of Prey (like Eagles, Large Owls, certain Vultures ... see where I'm going with this?) ... hehe. And umm ... cool stuff ... maybe even mythological stuff like gryphons,chimeras, and dragons! And I suppose your regular beasties, too, like wolves, big cats, bears.

I know, people scoff at me for this but... I want to be a squirrel master. Eating faces off with teeth of fury. Nom!

I think bears, large birds, cats, dogs, the standards. I'd like to see more nonstandard animals though. Perhaps original creatures.

I love the Coercer from EQ2, charming enemies and using them to fight for you is my favourite part of EQ2. (Although they do turn round and kill me alot )

The look of the Pet is also one of my main considerations as you will be staring at its behind for much of the game. The cool uber Cats you could Bio-Engineer in SWG were great.

I'm hoping the Beast Master is in the Rogue calling.

If so, I will go with a BM + Ranger mix.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast