+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most played Class?

Default Most played Class?

So i am a cleric because I heal in every game, and I always feel like I have so much competition for gear in all dungeons, because I always have 2 other clerics in my groups I feel. I feel like There are more clerics than anything else in this game, most of them running DPS, and I feel that makes it a lot harder for healers to be able to gear up..

Anyone else see different? Or perhaps its just my server...
    Last edited by Kocrachon; 06-06-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    Cleric: Role1- Warden/Sentinel/Purifier (Raid / Dungeon Healer) -Role2- Justicar/Shaman/Purifier (Tank) -Role3- Purifier/Sentinel/Warden (Tank Healer) -Role4- Sentinel/Warden/Purifier (General Healing)
    Warrior: Role1- Reaver/Paladin/Paragon (AoE tank) -Role2- Paladin/Voidknight/Warlord (Tank) -Role3- Void Knight / Paladin / Warlord (Tank Again)

Soulwalker

Default clerics....

it seems like that on Guardian Deepstrike. i run a WF and all i see is clerics and mages. maybe 1 warrior and 1 or 2 rogues. its kind of annoying to have to fight against an army of healers, makes killing one almost impossible. but i know what you mean, as a rogue i run dungeons as DPS or Supp. and i notice that 3 or 4 / 5 in my group are rogues. 2 ranged rogues for DPS and a bard rogue for support, and half the time a rogue tank. i might also add that my server is lacking a group of decent tanks/heals, resulting in loooong duneon runs. the other day i was in a group with a lvl 42 tank and a lvl 47 healer running RD and we couldnt get far before they both quit.

oh and clerics are OP

Champion of Telara

Yah on Sunrest I see tons of clerics too. And yes I am a cleric. What sucks is how many try to play a DPS role in a 5 man. Frankly we put out the least amout of damage of the 4 classes and I would much rather have any other class in that the DPS slot for my groups.

In a guild raid if we have extra clerics then yes going a dps/ae heal build is smart... but you dont need that in 5mans.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

I'd say Clerics and rogues are about equal population wise...it's not unusual to see 1/3 to 1/2 of a raid be rogues.

Clerics are definitely at least second.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Glad to see its not just me.

What I also dislike about it, is the fact that was already stated... To many of them are trying to DPS. And yet hardly any of them tank or heal.

Just the other night I was in a group of FOUR clerics. Cleric Tank, me as a cleric healer, and 2 cleric DPS, with a rouge as support. This is ridiculous. Whats worst is most clerics will roll on anything Chainmail,

Wish all of these people would switch to rouge or mage <_< Cleric is a supporting role, not a DPSing role.
    Cleric: Role1- Warden/Sentinel/Purifier (Raid / Dungeon Healer) -Role2- Justicar/Shaman/Purifier (Tank) -Role3- Purifier/Sentinel/Warden (Tank Healer) -Role4- Sentinel/Warden/Purifier (General Healing)
    Warrior: Role1- Reaver/Paladin/Paragon (AoE tank) -Role2- Paladin/Voidknight/Warlord (Tank) -Role3- Void Knight / Paladin / Warlord (Tank Again)

Plane Touched

I'm seeing more mages than any other calling (With clerics coming close)

All groups I'm in have at least 2 mages and 1 cleric, and every WF has at least 6-7 mages each side (A lot of the time it is all Mages and 2 Clerics)

I rarely see a warrior outside of the tank in a dungeon and rogues I occasionally see in a group and maybe a MM or 2 in WFs.

It's quite rediculous...

But at least I'm not giving into FOTM and continue to play what I feel like playing (50 Rogue and 50 Warrior, working on a Mage at the moment just because I get bored just think about how easy it is to play my Cleric (Healing I find a lot less stressful than on a Mage due to not having to pay attention to whether I can hit something and how much damage and healing I'll do and accounting for travel time, tanking is way easier than when I was leveling my rogue and soloing is just easymode (Pull 7+ mobs per fight and end with 100% health and a tiny amount of mana used))
    Last edited by Taril; 06-06-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kocrachon View Post
    Glad to see its not just me.

What I also dislike about it, is the fact that was already stated... To many of them are trying to DPS. And yet hardly any of them tank or heal.

Just the other night I was in a group of FOUR clerics. Cleric Tank, me as a cleric healer, and 2 cleric DPS, with a rouge as support. This is ridiculous. Whats worst is most clerics will roll on anything Chainmail,

Wish all of these people would switch to rouge or mage <_< Cleric is a supporting role, not a DPSing role.
    I was in a group with three clerics and one other mage.... I was healing in chloro and the other madge was support ! I think there may be a flaw in how lfg forms groups or there are a bunch of clerics queuing as dps
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

Well luckily I am in one of my servers larger guilds, and grouping is a lot better and easier, especially now that I run T2s.

But when I was running with a friend to help him gear as a rouge tank for T2, it just bugged me how many clerics there are. Or even when I join a rift, so many clerics... all DPS...

Why is there such a large amount of people wanting to Cleric DPS? Is it because of the giant mace?

Champion of Telara

Well luckily I am in one of my servers larger guilds, and grouping is a lot better and easier, especially now that I run T2s.

But when I was running with a friend to help him gear as a rouge tank for T2, it just bugged me how many clerics there are. Or even when I join a rift, so many clerics... all DPS...

Why is there such a large amount of people wanting to Cleric DPS? Is it because of the giant mace?
    I think they confuse AOE damage with pure DPS. I have to admit our AOE damage is if not the best a very close 2nd place then. Add in that we can AOE heal too and it is a solid build for raids and rifts.

But in 5 mans.. our best dps build is druid/sham/inq and most our damage is pet based and even then we come up a few hundred dps short of the other 3 classes so why bother.

If it is a case of we need a warm body to fill the 5th slot then sure play what ever. But I we have a rogue tank, war DPS,rogue dps, cleric healer and an extra cleric then that cleric better be doing some kind of healing and not just go pure DPS because hes just bringing the group down.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Shadowlander

Clerics ARE NOT SUPPORT lol.

They have souls for DPS, Healing and Tanking. Get the WoW crap out of your head.

As to your post, I've seen a healthy balance on Estriel with Rogues being the most popular by a small margin.
    Last edited by Anishor; 06-06-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Rift Disciple

Clerics are FoTM because they are diverse and can do everything well especially in WFs; however, the primarily reason that you see so many clerics is due to their survivability...

Shadowlander

I have a 50 cleric that I play occassionally. Currently he's only doing T1's but it is annoying how many clerics there are out there. I don't mind a cleric tank or healer, but to be honest, when you get a cleric as DPS or support it is just depressing. If the cleric is running the druid/shaman/x spec for dps then they are somewhat useful, but most are using the aoe inq or justicar builds as their dungeon dps specs and it is noticeable how horrible the dps is on bosses (where it really matters). Support is horrible as well. On trash, sure, the cleric support healing is nice, but again, where it matters, on bosses, cleric support is crap compared to a rogue or mage.

I can't tell you all how happy I am when I roll in to a dungeon and see a rogue or mage in the support role and no clerics in the dps roles; The runs go so much more smoothly. I'm not saying I agree with how this has all played out for clerics, but the way things are now and how people are playing the class in general has caused it to be this way.

That said, and back on to the topic at hand: I see a crapload of mages in the lower levels, but in the higher level content the clerics win hands down as far as I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
    Clerics ARE NOT SUPPORT lol.

They have souls for DPS, Healing and Tanking. Get the WoW crap out of your head.

As to your post, I've seen a healthy balance on Estriel with Rogues being the most popular by a small margin.
    Support means anything aside from DPS.Or I guess the better word would be a "Utility" class.

Plane Touched

My guess is it being due to a few factors:

Multiple threads in the Warrior/Rogue forums a while back that all ended in "Why not just roll cleric they do everything better"

People getting to high level on their Warrior/Rogue/Mage and seeing nothing but chain dropping in dungeons and make a cleric out of frustration.

People doing WF's and noticing how well clerics can survive and rerolling out of frustration.

DPS clerics in WF's saying "If you want heals roll a cleric" and people rerolling out of frustration.

This combined with how rediculously easy it is to level a cleric (As opposed to other callings that don't start to come into their own with soloing until later levels, and still don't get close to a cleric) and how versatile they can be in dungeons (Possible to queue as all 4 roles... Warriors can queue as 2, mages and rogues can queue as 3) mean you see a lot of clerics at all levels...

Why do they want to DPS? Well because the sort of people that are easily pushed into FOTM tend to also only care about topping the DEEPS!!!1!1!
    Last edited by Taril; 06-06-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

I have three characters, & they are all on different servers, & without a doubt, clerics are the most played on all three of the servers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast