+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I tried PVP for the first time last night!

Default I tried PVP for the first time last night!

What an amazing experience!

First I did Port Scion as a 51 point rift, 15 point para, 0 point reaver as DPS and got hit by an 8K Fulminate through 150 Fire Resistance (to be honest, it was slightly over 8K) that one shot me from full to dead.

So I decided to tank some flag running in Whitefall, and through void with 150 fire resistance again, specced into devourer, I got hit by a 15,139 Fulminate crit.

I'll post the screenshot of my combat log later. I didn't see what buffs he had. I had 10,139 health and got 1 shot through the magic-damage mitigation tree!

I crit for 3K with Deathblow. How does this work? How is this remotely fair in the slightest?

15,139 crit! Really? REALLY?

No, I have 0 valor. First time I tried.
    Last edited by Marrocco; 06-06-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Soulwalker

HaHa what did mom say about it?

Screenshots or ****.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Screenshots or ****.
    Will post after work.

My mom told me to stop playing that stupid game. She looks smarter by the moment.

Rift Master

Well im glad your starting out PVP!

unfortunatley for you valor is very important to defensive characters such as warrior and cleric, so you will need a good amount to be competitive in PVP.

Rogues and mages can get away with not having much valor since they can still remove targets with their high burst.

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    Well im glad your starting out PVP!

unfortunatley for you valor is very important to defensive characters such as warrior and cleric, so you will need a good amount to be competitive in PVP.

Rogues and mages can get away with not having much valor since they can still remove targets with their high burst.
    So to be able to truly enjoy PVP I have to suck at it, after grinding out 50 levels?

Kewl! :/
    Last edited by Marrocco; 06-06-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marrocco View Post
    So to be able to truly enjoy PVP I have to suck at it, after grinding out 50 levels?

If you started earlier when everyone else had 0 valor you would be competitive, however lots of people have progressed, and it is the same as you dueling a raid equipped guy when your in fresh 50 greens.

It doesnt take long to get to prestige rank 3, at that point you won't feel so helpless.

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    If you started earlier when everyone else had 0 valor you would be competitive, however lots of people have progressed, and it is the same as you dueling a raid equipped guy when your in fresh 50 greens.

It doesnt take long to get to prestige rank 3, at that point you won't feel so helpless.
    You'll still get one shot in any warrior pure dps spec... but you'll look kewl while you get nuked!
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Marrocco View Post

Yep thats the way they have designed pvp in this game, there is no tricks to it, you suck until p6 and some classes still suck after p6.

Soulwalker

Oh my damn! 15 k Fulmiburst?!? Who the hell did that? Bow down!

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    Yep thats the way they have designed pvp in this game, there is no tricks to it, you suck until p6 and some classes still suck after p6.
    Every MMO does that. PVP is just a freaking grind. But there's no arenas here (I was a two time lock Glad in BC WoW), so it's just a grind.

So roll a mage if you actually want it to be fun?

That's all I'm drawing out of this. I could care less about Valor. I wanna 1-shot people.

In Beta I used to do it with Titan's strike.

What's soooooo rewarding about grinding WF's? Shouldn't it just be something to do that's fun on the side?

I mean all you have is bragging rights, and it's not like Prestige levels indicate a damned thing other than chain running Warfronts. There's no tiered competition here.

And even if there were, it'll be just like WoW. You get gear with more Valor on it, but you, at that point want more PVE gear that has less stam and more offensive or healing potential.

Then crap gets nerfed out of concerns for PVP. This is so dumb.

I know how to fix it though:

Balance in PVP is homogenization. Think Modern Warfare 2. Same classes, mild customization.

Force people into 3 souls based on what they want to play (healer, mdps, rdps, flag runner), make PVP gear on par with PVE gear, maybe with some extra stam. Dump Valor altogether.

You can tweak your builds within those 3 souls.

There you go, it's fixed. And those 3 souls should be completely new and only usable in PVP.

I'm sorry, but 15k Fulminate through 150 fire resists sounds like ********.

Unless said mage had full t3 gear with relic staff, red ball power up, full raid buffs, the mage was in ground of power, and you were debuffed, then...maybe. But really I can't see that... Ofc they could glitch witchstones. It still works on some servers I've heard.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post
    I'm sorry, but 15k Fulminate through 150 fire resists sounds like ********.

Unless said mage had full t3 gear with relic staff, red ball power up, full raid buffs, the mage was in ground of power, and you were debuffed, then...maybe. But really I can't see that... Ofc they could glitch witchstones. It still works on some servers I've heard.
    As I said, I'll post the SS tonight.

So this begs the question why even post if you dont have the proof now?

I smell Troll .

Ascendant

Only 8k with no valor?

That's hardly impressive.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast