+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion: this is not a zoo, stop with the pet domination already!

Default Trion: this is not a zoo, stop with the pet domination already!

Every top dps build in the game across all callings is a pet one (rogues have a few non pet builds coming close or equal to their pet ones). Pet seem to be a requirement for pve raiding and its frankly getting to the point where alot of us is not enjoying the game anymore due to it.

I can see what you wanted trion with the pets and at the start it was far more balanced, pets was alot squishier and alot more trouble to manage but with the constant changes we have seen like:

*pets gained a extra boost when bosses where made more melee friendly as most pets are melee
    *recent boosts to pets aoe avoidance made this even more brainless.
    *pet cast macros have upped the pet dps by about 50

Pets is a huge advantage now that there is little or no requirement to activly controll them more than the ocasional "stay", they are a huge aggro controll mechanism as they now cover good percent of your dps, some classes even has aggro transferes to the pets. Pet is also a cost free high damage dot making the active rotations more resource affordable. Another problem is that you trion have slowly but suerly upped every pet classes damage when they are not using a pet by big % based damage bonuses, so basicly you alowed players who was so poor that they could not learn basic pet controll and lost pets to much to whine enough about needing a dps uppgrade that you uppgraded the basic class, this means any average gamer can now shell out insane ammounts with any pet class using 2-3 macros at most cause their class is almost as good as another dps build in its core but it has a free 120-200 dps pet as a bonus.

Pets like any other advantage should come at a cost, NO pet build should be a top dps build as their increased aggro controll and basic free dot is something no one else can do, pets can be made to offtank, distract, has buffs, debuffs and other features worth having and these NEED to come at a cost.

plz trion, stop this feeling of being at a zoo with 10+ pets on every raid and make all other builds viable agian, either by nerfing pets and forcing active controll or by lowering pet core classes, so maybee one day there will be a paragon topping dps or a marksman or a warlock for example.

ty.
    Harkain:.
    .:Admin | Precept
    www.precept.cc

I don't agree with any of your points, and your complaint is nonsense.

Good day.

Rift Master

yay for pets

Quote Originally Posted by Harkain View Post
    its frankly getting to the point where alot of us is not enjoying the game anymore due to it.
    seriously?

Sure pet builds shouldn't dominate all of the classes, but at the same time they without a doubt need to be competent because regardless of any complaint, pets are another additional thing players need to worry about. I would rather play my warrior as dps at 50 without the cat, but that's not realistic... would be better if it was possible to spec without one and not do garbage damage. Also as time goes on I hope that pets don't scale as well as other souls, would be nice to see some of the specs phase out

Every top dps build in the game across all callings is a pet one (rogues have a few non pet builds coming close or equal to their pet ones). Pet seem to be a requirement for pve raiding and its frankly getting to the point where alot of us is not enjoying the game anymore due to it. . .blah blah blah ... QQ...
    Translation: "I got pwned in PvP by a pet class."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Translation: "I got pwned in PvP by a pet class."
    are you slow or something ? where in the whole post do i mention pvp ? i could care less what goes on in there, it was verry specificly targeted and mentioned as a pve post over and over not sure how you can missread it.

shape up sally, read then comment or do i need to take out the picture book just for you.
    Last edited by Harkain; 06-06-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    www.precept.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Kahleesy View Post
    seriously?
    actually yes, pve raiding is fast becoming boring due to the pets which is the only reason i actually play this game. It limits builds and classes far to much and offers to many benefits for (nowdays) NO disadvantage.

I dislike unbalances whereever they pop up and this one is ruining the aspect of the game i find enjoyable so ihence me posting about it.
    www.precept.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Mydra View Post
    Sure pet builds shouldn't dominate all of the classes, but at the same time they without a doubt need to be competent because regardless of any complaint, pets are another additional thing players need to worry about. I would rather play my warrior as dps at 50 without the cat, but that's not realistic... would be better if it was possible to spec without one and not do garbage damage. Also as time goes on I hope that pets don't scale as well as other souls, would be nice to see some of the specs phase out
    no one said make pets classes useless, i said their advantage has to come at a cost where they are not by default top dps. Boosting of pets and then boosing core classes has tipped it over to much this is what needs changed.
    www.precept.cc

As gear scales pet specs will be less and less of a gain. On live my pet does a whopping 120 dps with T2 gear, on the PTS with the best Raid 1 gear you can get he does a whopping 150 and I have 500 more sp. Pets scale horribly with gear and will eventually be phased out of the top specs as they won't be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
    I don't agree with any of your points, and your complaint is nonsense.

Good day.
    dont realy care if you agree or not, my complaints are more than subjective opinions they are the facts for most raid guilds.
    www.precept.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    As gear scales pet specs will be less and less of a gain. On live my pet does a whopping 120 dps with T2 gear, on the PTS with the best Raid 1 gear you can get he does a whopping 150 and I have 500 more sp. Pets scale horribly with gear and will eventually be phased out of the top specs as they won't be the best.
    Gear scaling is not that drastic (nor should it be) to make that happend, if you have a class with pet that deals 1000 damage without pet and then add 150 more for the pet and then you have the other class doing 1000 damage without access to a pet the problem becomes obvious.

In alpha/beta/early launch pets where vulnrable and had to be managed, the core classes where significantly weaker (bar bm from last beta and launch) to count for the pets dps part, that has changed over the 3 last big patches and its a problem.

we should be wanting to see more riftblades and paragons, more warlocks and necros, more assassins and marksmen and every other soul thats now behinde pets just because they dont have pets to actually make this game intresting and not only about fotm specs.
    www.precept.cc

are you slow or something ? where in the whole post do i mention pvp ? i could care less what goes on in there, it was verry specificly targeted and mentioned as a pve post over and over not sure how you can missread it.

shape up sally, read then comment or do i need to take out the picture book just for you.
    You didn't mention PvP because you are embarassed. If your gripe is truly PvE then the problem is not pet classes. The problem is that you need to learn to play. I play 3 non-pet classes, Rogue (Assassin main soul), Warrior (Reaver main soul) and Mage (Stormcaller main soul). All of their DPS is at least 650+.

dont realy care if you agree or not, my complaints are more than subjective opinions they are the facts for most raid guilds.
    Your complaints are opinion, not fact.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    You didn't mention PvP because you are embarassed. If your gripe is truly PvE then the problem is not pet classes. The problem is that you need to learn to play. I play 3 non-pet classes, Rogue (Assassin main soul), Warrior (Reaver main soul) and Mage (Stormcaller main soul). All of their DPS is at least 650+.
    650!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast