+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesser Pets / Greater Pets - lvl scaling

Default Lesser Pets / Greater Pets - lvl scaling

I would like to ask why on earth you Trion have made it so that the Lesser Pets doesnt continue to scale with the character in lvl ? I really dont see the point.
    I started out playing Ranger, Bard, Nighblade...and I was havinga blast. You even suggeted this build yourself when you hover over the class Bard. It was all good until I hit 31-32. My pet ( as I knew ) doesnt go higher than 30...and he now dies like mad.
    So...I now have to put 20 more points into a class that doesnt even use half the attacks it has together with the Bard, just to be able to get a pet. When I solo I mainly use the Bard spells and it has worked great so far.
    I havent fired a single arrow.
    Why cant you have the lesser pets scale, and instead just let them have fewer skills.
    = Lesser Pets : 2 abilites / Greater Pets: 3 abilites incl. area taunt.....but they keep on lvling with you.
    This way ppl that likes to have a pet, but can do with less abilites with the pet dont have to waste tons of points into a tree just to be able to keep on with a spec they liked.

Its not like if you put just a few points into Assassin that as soon as you hit 31 those spells will be useless...no...all other Rogue-skills keeps on scaling. Why should Ranger pet be any diffrent.

This goes for all the pet-classes ofc.
    Please make pets scale in lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    I would like to ask why on earth you Trion have made it so that the Lesser Pets doesnt continue to scale with the character in lvl ? I really dont see the point.
    I started out playing Ranger, Bard, Nighblade...and I was havinga blast. You even suggeted this build yourself when you hover over the class Bard. It was all good until I hit 31-32. My pet ( as I knew ) doesnt go higher than 30...and he now dies like mad.
    So...I now have to put 20 more points into a class that doesnt even use half the attacks it has together with the Bard, just to be able to get a pet. When I solo I mainly use the Bard spells and it has worked great so far.
    I havent fired a single arrow.
    Why cant you have the lesser pets scale, and instead just let them have fewer skills.
    = Lesser Pets : 2 abilites / Greater Pets: 3 abilites incl. area taunt.....but they keep on lvling with you.
    This way ppl that likes to have a pet, but can do with less abilites with the pet dont have to waste tons of points into a tree just to be able to keep on with a spec they liked.

Its not like if you put just a few points into Assassin that as soon as you hit 31 those spells will be useless...no...all other Rogue-skills keeps on scaling. Why should Ranger pet be any diffrent.

This goes for all the pet-classes ofc.
    Please make pets scale in lvl.
    So, By your plan I'll be able to use 2 souls for DPS then pick up a 3rd 0 pt pet soul for a free 100 dps? Yes plz
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    So, By your plan I'll be able to use 2 souls for DPS then pick up a 3rd 0 pt pet soul for a free 100 dps? Yes plz
    There are many specs in this game that hasgood abilites in the 0 spec. And btw nowbody said I ment to only place 0 points in that tree. How much you want to add is upto you. I still think its silly. The reason to get higher pets should be to get a BETTER pet, not one that is higher lvl.
    Atm the pets are all screwed up.

Plane Walker

Oops double post.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 06-06-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Plane Walker

I agree with the OP.
    I used to use the Elemental until just after lvl 30, then had to drop it.
    A lesser pet at lvl 50 would be fine - Say you had 0 points in the soul, it would still be pretty weak compared to someone who actually spent points in the soul to get a waaaay better pet.

And it would be nowhere near 100dps! Maybe 30-40 dps I would say (at least for Elem) with no points spent in the soul. It would hit for around 70 dmg every couple of seconds as a rough guess.

Hell I just gained a full 100dps simply by upgrading a very good staff to an even better one so it's not a huge amount at level 50.

Telaran

Yes other trees have good abilities at 0 points, but no tree increases your DPS by 100 just by having 0 points into it.

Prophet of Telara

It wouldn't take much effort to find some means of improving its level cap without having to spend over 20 points.

Right now too many classes have relatively overpowered/underpowered abilities that you basically never want to get rid of. You either get to a specific number in that soul or completely ignore it.

It would be nice to see more freedom to be able to spend how ever many points into a tree without screwing yourself over completely. Right now the forums are riddled with so many cookie cutters because you basically assign at max 30~32 points into a specific soul in every role and then hit specific minimums in the others.

Some form of compromise to get a weaker level 50 pet with spending some points, but less than 50 really shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

So you want the main, core mechanic of a soul without having to spend points in said soul. That doesn't make any sense. If this was the case every single person in the game would have a 0pt pet soul, it would be ridiculous. They are available at lower lvls to help you level up if you have a non-solo friendly soul, like dominator or bard or something. Should someone be able to put like 3 pts in bard and have access to every buff and ability like a 51 pt bard has, for example? Of course not thats just silly. Besides you can still use your lesser pet at 50, his stats keep scaling with yours and your gear. They do greatly decreased dps but can still put out a little as a free dot / speed bump.

Soulwalker

Default disagree

sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with OP.a few people said some good things, "core mechanic shouldn't be for anyone" "hurray free dps for nothing" etc etc. But in my opinion I think it would be less fun and overall boring.

First off, put your points in bard at that lvl you dont need a pet to survive, you do that for yourself.
    Second, in the beginning of the game its good to have a crutch like a tanking pet, makes it easier to get into, but atlater lvls you have ALOT more options, explore them.

Rift Disciple

Have all pets scale with level up to 50.
    Have pet stats scale with a points-spent-in-this-tree mechanic.
    Leave the greater pets with more abilities.

Soulwalker

I disagree with OP as well. The main mechanic that drew me to putting points into ranger was the higher level pet, thats pretty much all. Now if that was handed to me even in a weaker version that would have allotted me a heck of a lot of points to put in my bard soul or wherever. As for those who said have lessers scale to 50, idk how it would work, to make it so you had a 0 point pet go to 50 it would have to be basically useless do no damage and die in like 2 hits, otherwise every single person would have a pet (not to say they already dont lol). If you want a pet i would recommend speccing into a class with a pet. If not, well dont.

Completely disagree. You have multiple roles. Use them. Have one with a greater pet for your soloing.

Soulwalker

I kind of agree with the OP because the spec i use to solo rifts when no one is around is bard with ranger pet tanking. My problem is that if I want to use my bard in a group and have the non combo point heal I can get the upgraded wolf but am 2 points shy of the boar. So if I want to have my bard basically supporting my pet I have one spec but If i want my bard to support groups I need a second bard spec.

And pet is not the only free talent: stealth, poison, a throw, first riftstalker warp.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthred View Post
    I disagree with OP as well. The main mechanic that drew me to putting points into ranger was the higher level pet, thats pretty much all. Now if that was handed to me even in a weaker version that would have allotted me a heck of a lot of points to put in my bard soul or wherever. As for those who said have lessers scale to 50, idk how it would work, to make it so you had a 0 point pet go to 50 it would have to be basically useless do no damage and die in like 2 hits, otherwise every single person would have a pet (not to say they already dont lol). If you want a pet i would recommend speccing into a class with a pet. If not, well dont.
    I know lots of ppl that prefer NOT to have a pet.
    Im putting 4 / 10 points in Ranger depending on what I enjoy. How would you feel if suddenly at 32 your first points in the assassin wasnt good anymore. Lets say you got the stealth at 4 points, and you have to spec all the way up to 24 points when you reach 30 to be able to even be invis.
    Lots of ppl pick "0" point assasin for that extra free poison...or "0" points in NB for that fire shot. Heck...lets make CHampoins charge uselss as soon as he hit 30. Im sure alot of ppl would mind. Lets make Healing Spray uselss and take away the shield that Purifiers get.
    The list goes on.

Its really only the pet-classes that are totally screwed with this system. No other classes have to really "waste" so much to get a better version if they enjoy playing with a pet in their class.

GREATER PETS : should have "greater/ more" abilites
    LESSER PETS: should have "less" abilites

Im not picking the Ranger with 4 -10 points for some puny dps from pet you know....its a playstyle like anything else.
    Last edited by Vivvi; 06-07-2011 at 06:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread