+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Immortal.. Trion!

Ascendant

Default My Immortal.. Trion!

I finally got rank 4 with my warrior! Went to respec and picked up the ability that lets you block without a sheild. I always thought this would make sense with paragon due to the parry abilites of the soul and the fact it is a heavy points investment in vindicator. Then.. found out it only works with two handed weapons. I stopped and thought about how Trion had once again destroyed logic and created a situation that can only be compared to My Immortal. Look it up on the internet. I can only assume same the person who wrote this face melting tale is also the lead developer for warriors. My journey into the mind of the face melting forged the following conclusions:

1) It would be funny to give warriors four souls for tanking but then give rogues one soul that can do everything the four warrior souls can do. Also, ensure rogues were the main tanks for all raiding guilds.
    2) It would be funny to make warriors only have two roles in the game (Melee DPS and Tank) but ensure both Clerics and Rogues can do these same roles but even better!
    3) It would make less sense (thus cause for consideration) to make it so both clerics and rogues can also heal and do ranged dps. Warriors can only do melee dps. Even cooler to give rogues stealth and slip away!! Warriors don't have that either. Jeffers Morning ..I.. to you Warriors.
    4) It would be funny to give warriors a sould called rift blade with minus threat talents but make the dps complelely suck horribly for this soul. This makes perfect sense!!! Awesome.
    5) It would be funny to give warriors a soul called paragon that does horrible dps but looks cool because it dual wields. It would be overpowerd for a soul to look cool but still work. We need Trion balance.
    6) It makes sense to have most if all Paragon abilities work for Champion but no vice versus to ensure the Paragon sould totally sucks for main dps. Jeffers Moring.

Anyways, the list is never ending. From the Mages that crit for thousands at 30m, CC you, and still have the same Valor on armor....
    Last edited by Majorin; 06-05-2011 at 09:06 PM.

It's good to see the humor in life.

Ascendant

7) Make it so cleric passive heal abilities do more damage then Warrior abilies and heal at the sametime. Ensure these spells work at range to ensure Warriors have no chance of surviving.

8) Make it so ranged classes have more sustained and burst damage than warriors who have to fight in melee range. Awesome. What a great joke. Also, ensure that when warriors get in melee range the other classes can run to avoid being hit and do more damage in melee range!!! Also, make it so Mages have no issues with Line of Sight but can slow and run to avoid damage from Warriors. These are great changes!!!!

Trioin Range PVP Chart:

Rogue 1 ------------------------------SHOTS-------------------------------> Warrior
    Rogue 2 ------------------------------SHOTS-------------------------------> Same Warrior
    Mage 1 -------------------------------SHOTS--------------------------------> Same Warrior
    Mage 3 -------------------------------SHOTS--------------------------------> Slows, CC, and Shots Same Warrior
    Warrior XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Cannot attack the two rogues and two mages because have no good ranged dps. Genius!!!!

As you can see the Warrior cannot attack because at Melee Range but the other classes can. Winning game design. Now we need to ensure the Rogue and Mage ranged dps far surpasses the Warrior melee dps in the event the Warrior actually makes it in melee range. We can't have any warriors killing anyone. That would make us sad panda.

Telaran

2) It would be funny to make warriors only have two roles in the game (Melee DPS and Tank) but ensure both Clerics and Rogues can do these same roles but even better!
    Hurrrr you made a funny!

Champion of Telara

Warriors tank just fine. If your gear at lvl 50 sucks then you will suck. It is that simple.

Warrior DPS builds work just fine. I tend to get my face ripped off then shoved up my rear by well gearred warriors and yes I play a cleric.

As a cleric that does heal, I rather have a warrior as my tank. But again gear is a big part of it. If I have to choose between two well gearred classes warrior/rogue I will take the warrior. But if the warrior gears sucks and the rogue has good gear then I want the rogue.

Stop with the QQ. Get yourself some decent gear and play the game.

DO NOT reply to this and say you have rank4 or T3+ gear and say warriors still suck because everyone on this forum is just going to LOL at you and say L2P.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    I finally got rank 4 with my warrior! Went to respec and picked up the ability that lets you block without a sheild. I always thought this would make sense with paragon due to the parry abilites of the soul and the fact it is a heavy points investment in vindicator. Then.. found out it only works with two handed weapons.
    Not sure exactly how serious your post was - but I actually went out and tested this.
    You can block with dual wield and 'Art of Defense'.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

neither rogues nor clerics do melee dps better than warriors. until this is the case, that argument is the only one that is flawed. the rest i agree with.

as you can see in my sig i have a lvl 50 of the 3 mentioned classes and warrior does the most dps period, and has enough hp/armor to survive every encounter in the game at melee.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

My biggest beef with playing a warrior is that other classes can jump to LOS my attacks. I'm pretty sure I would be unstoppable if that broke *** **** wasn't in this game.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Warrior DPS builds work just fine. I tend to get my face ripped off then shoved up my rear by well gearred warriors and yes I play a cleric.
    Correction. One warrior dps build works just fine.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    My biggest beef with playing a warrior is that other classes can jump to LOS my attacks. I'm pretty sure I would be unstoppable if that broke *** **** wasn't in this game.
    This realy sucks.

But beside it warriors is one of the best if not the best caling to pvp with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalamar View Post
    I don't usually make pointless, funny or troll posts, but this is too funny to let pass by - Ashraa, the invincible Warrior, making a complaint topic about Mages. Really, Ashraa? Hahaha!
    I know I can do nothing faced against you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Warriors tank just fine. If your gear at lvl 50 sucks then you will suck. It is that simple.

As a cleric that does heal, I rather have a warrior as my tank. But again gear is a big part of it. If I have to choose between two well gearred classes warrior/rogue I will take the warrior. But if the warrior gears sucks and the rogue has good gear then I want the rogue.

Stop with the QQ. Get yourself some decent gear and play the game.

DO NOT reply to this and say you have rank4 or T3+ gear and say warriors still suck because everyone on this forum is just going to LOL at you and say L2P.
    L2P champ. Or at least play something other then a cleric. The fact is warriors only have two roles in this game: Melee DPS and Tank. This is compared to other classes that have heal/support, tank, melee dps, and ranged dps all in the same class. The problem with warrior is options because frankly they do not excel enough, compared to other classes, to only have two defined roles. The devs really need to make rift blade a pure ranged dps soul on par with rogues. Re-design reaver with some AOE group heals and buffs that provide some support the party or raid. Having four tanks souls with overlapping abilities is stupid if you consider rogues can tank at a comparable level with only one real tank soul.

Melee clerics and rogues can do comparable melee dps to warriors. Note: I can't say ranged because warriors cannot do ranged dps vs. both rogues and clerics able to fullfill that role. I mean the whole thing is stupid if you think about it. Ranged rogues can beat warriors and they are ranged. Logic died and you are a root cause.

I know you kids want easy mode or think bad game design is skill... but the Warrior calling needs some major work. Star Wars and other games are coming out. Also, pvp for warriors is a complete joke and you L2P kids need to stop whinning for easy mode and maybe request a balanced game.

Look.. I can tank just fine. I can also melee dps just fine with the cookie cutter spec. My point is if the devs want other classes to do the samething they better make warriors supreme at it (no contest) or offer more variety to the class. Wearing plate armor means little to nothing in this game because most defensive stats are entirely soul related. A dps warrior has the survivability of a wet noodle. It is even worse considering the class has little to none defensive cooldown vs. rogues and etc.

Ivengar - You are not smart enough or honest enough to win this debate so give up now.
    Last edited by Majorin; 06-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.

ok your pain is felt, sorta, but your logic is flawed.

warrior pve mdps is , to the best of my knowledge, still best in game

rogues can not do everythign the warrior tanking trees can do i don't even know where to start on this becuase i am not sure how you even came up with it

Clerics can not tank better than warriors lol we have no pulls gap closers silences or magic mitigation and on top of that we have to split the main tanking stats with spell power and wisdom, past t1 cleric tanks are meh( this is based on exp before 1.2 so idk if a non godly geared cleric can tank t2/raid content or not yet)

but ya in pvp warriors kinda got **** on, this same type of thread will be in mage land soon enough and then rogue land again after that.

i also agree its kinda crappy tanks can only tank or mdps while every other calling has 3+ slots they can fill ( only 3+ becuase technically a mage can not mdps but then again if they wanted they could cast spells from melee so i guess its a mute point)

lastly when did paragon start sucking? last i recalled they were pretty good on the charts.

in closing don't suck and then rant on a forum about how bad your calling sucks when 75% ish of your rant = to you being a baddy
    I am not healing at the moment because I don't want to, you suck becuase you have to. At least I have a choice.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Apiusmon View Post
    ok your pain is felt, sorta, but your logic is flawed.

warrior pve mdps is , to the best of my knowledge, still best in game

rogues can not do everythign the warrior tanking trees can do i don't even know where to start on this becuase i am not sure how you even came up with it

Clerics can not tank better than warriors lol we have no pulls gap closers silences or magic mitigation and on top of that we have to split the main tanking stats with spell power and wisdom, past t1 cleric tanks are meh( this is based on exp before 1.2 so idk if a non godly geared cleric can tank t2/raid content or not yet)

but ya in pvp warriors kinda got **** on, this same type of thread will be in mage land soon enough and then rogue land again after that.

i also agree its kinda crappy tanks can only tank or mdps while every other calling has 3+ slots they can fill ( only 3+ becuase technically a mage can not mdps but then again if they wanted they could cast spells from melee so i guess its a mute point)

lastly when did paragon start sucking? last i recalled they were pretty good on the charts.

in closing don't suck and then rant on a forum about how bad your calling sucks when 75% ish of your rant = to you being a baddy
    Yet another L2P scrub. Look man. The average person does not suck as bad as you. Therefore, you cannot relate to any statement because of perspective.

The warrior calling needs help for the reasons provided in this thread and multiple other threads on the forums. Alot of games are coming out

you lost me when you said that clerics could melee and tank better than a warrior.........

cleric tanks in both pvp AND pve are less than stellar... and I see tons and tons of 2handed melee dps warriors.... how often do you actually see a melee dps cleric? and NO I am not talking about a justicar with a 2hander who is raid healing, im talkin about an actual dps cleric.

I agree though, rogues can do it all.. and better than both cleric and warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    you lost me when you said that clerics could melee and tank better than a warrior.........

cleric tanks in both pvp AND pve are less than stellar... and I see tons and tons of 2handed melee dps warriors.... how often do you actually see a melee dps cleric? and NO I am not talking about a justicar with a 2hander who is raid healing, im talkin about an actual dps cleric.

I agree though, rogues can do it all.. and better than both cleric and warrior.

My server has tons of melee dps clerics. I play a druid spec on my cleric alt.

@ OP- I think you have 2-3 good points but most of your thread is baddie QQ, which, imo, makes the rest of your "good" points less valid.
    Last edited by Risotto; 06-09-2011 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast