+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please don't nerf SC SINGLE TARGET DPS

Rift Disciple

Default please don't nerf SC SINGLE TARGET DPS

Look if Lightning field needs to be nerfed, i could give a ****, but cloudburst needs to do more DPS then so that our single target raid dps doesnt go in the garbage.
    Lucifer<Aftermath> Briarcliff - best mage in the best guild on the best server...i also give the best bjs

Quote Originally Posted by jillrabbit View Post
    Look if Lightning field needs to be nerfed, i could give a ****, but cloudburst needs to do more DPS then so that our single target raid dps doesnt go in the garbage.
    Lightning Strike has the highest coefficent of any single damaging spell in the game. Then look at the kind of synergy it has with the Stormcaller tree.

All Trion has to do is move lightning strike further up the Elementalist tree and SC's Burst problem is solved.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Lightning Strike has the highest coefficent of any single damaging spell in the game. Then look at the kind of synergy it has with the Stormcaller tree.

All Trion has to do is move lightning strike further up the Elementalist tree and SC's Burst problem is solved.
    Yeah cause who ever heard of mages having ranged burst potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Rift Disciple

Dont sacrifice the inter archetype balance in PvE for PvP reasons.

The only problem is that PvP players are posting and crying alot more than PvE ones.

I still remember something like "we can adjust spells and skills for PvP without changing them for PvE". Sounds great. Will you ever use it?

Every PvP nerf was a PvE nerf too.

Besides even pyros need alot more damage to be usefull in raids. Who cares about their PvP damage. Dont allow them to enter warfronts after you buffed them to a viable DPS class or just use different values for PvE and PvP finally.

And the next victim is SC raid DPS which means there is no raid build left for mages. Sure we can adapt a bit and use an even more complext rotation with BS and AB but we will still loose to 1 and 2 macro smashers.

Where is the effort vs reward balance DPS wise?

General of Telara

This game should have been designed with separate skillsets for PvE and PvP right from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    This game should have been designed with separate skillsets for PvE and PvP right from the start.
    That's what happens when a company decides, and a consumer expects, for a game to have both PvP and PvE mechanics in the same game. Either make them completely separate aspects with different abilities completely, or just focus on one entirely. All it does it make it so that you have a ton of specs that are only decent at both. For me, I'm really tired of PvP stuff effecting PvE. I don't play PvP in MMOs because it's quite frankly, ridiculous. PvP players have this mindset that they are the "skilled" players or something. ROFL, there is absolutely nothing skilled about gameplay in MMOs, it's about character progression and having fun with your friends in guilds. If you're looking for skilled PvP, FPS and RTS games are ----> way. Quake and Total Annihilation are good suggestions. Back on point, you can't balance both a PvE and PvP game with the same skill trees. Entire core concepts of PvE like tanking are lost in PvP. I'm sure getting rid of one aspect would loose subscribers, who would likely go back to WoW, or Aion, or warhammer and just QQ about the PvP there as well. But it's stupid to have both groups in your game marginally satisfied with their half because the other group keeps complaining.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
    That's what happens when a company decides, and a consumer expects, for a game to have both PvP and PvE mechanics in the same game. Either make them completely separate aspects with different abilities completely, or just focus on one entirely.
    so... how many successfull mmorpg wich catered only to pve, with no pvp part alsoever do you known?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

oh oh pick me pick me........ Everquest

seriously, my main is a level 50 rogue and i have no problem with SC mages.. i really don't see the need for this?

The only nerfs needed are Clerics and maybe a little fulminate nerf.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post

I don't even think you know wtf you're talking about. Lighting Field does not equal Lightning Strike. Mayhaps you try reading before moaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I don't even think you know wtf you're talking about. Lighting Field does not equal Lightning Strike. Mayhaps you try reading before moaning?
    They cant because they only have about 20 seconds to skim and post QQ before their next warfront queue pops.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    They cant because they only have about 20 seconds to skim and post QQ before their next warfront queue pops.
    I know right?! WF procs are so fast. Me loves it.

+ Reply to Thread