+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: melee vs Pyro

pro

Default melee vs Pyro

i understand VK is supposed to be the anti mage soul but being able to buff strip and do better damage is utter BS. i know all the warriors and rogues are to QQ the sh*t out of this but i dont care because even they know its stupid when even the parsers say that warriors and rogues do highest dps. and yet they dont die nearly as much when focus fired. I know pyros can 2 or 3 shot but that still is only done with 2 abilities that cant never actually be planned except fulminate. personnally if we didnt have to pop heat wave for every 1v1 and fireball did real damage on non crits i will be happy.

Ya pvp is kinda ... ya atm.

As a pyro tho, your surely having a better time pvping than most other souls who atm cant do anything vs any chealing or tank type soul combo.

Shadowlander

Default Lol

VK can only strip 2 buffs every 15 seconds. MM has no cd on it's purge so you might want to fix that first. As for pyro...well I love getting 1.2k fireballs to the face and 3.5k fulminates for over 50% of my hp. Shove your qq where your fire comes from.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
    VK can only strip 2 buffs every 15 seconds. MM has no cd on it's purge so you might want to fix that first. As for pyro...well I love getting 1.2k fireballs to the face and 3.5k fulminates for over 50% of my hp. Shove your qq where your fire comes from.
    lol; If in 1v1 you do Eradicate vs Fireball as a MM...You will die...

MM could have depending Soul 4.5k to 5.6k HP

Rotation
    Eradicate? vs Fireball ( 700-1.2k )
    Eradicate? vs Fireball( 700-1.2k )
    HNR EMP(600) vs FireBall ( 700-1.2k )
    HNR EMP(600) vs CinderBurst or Fulminate ( you are gone )

Now if you use
    HNR EMP vs fireball
    HNR EMP vs FireBall
    Silence Fireball vs Interrupt
    HNR EMP...
    Bull Dead ...
    HNR EMP... mage probably dead

Or Out of Range but how often that happend ?

P.S Yes, Fix VK Purge

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    and yet they dont die nearly as much when focus fired. I know pyros can 2 or 3 shot but that still is only done with 2 abilities

I cant stop laughting, srsly focus a rogue and hs dead wihtin seconds and the 2-3 shot with 2 buttons is epic lol

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
    I cant stop laughting, srsly focus a rogue and hs dead wihtin seconds and the 2-3 shot with 2 buttons is epic lol
    Lets go over the focus a rogue, lets see here... They have higher burst and better range and basically fully strip my buffs in a dps erdicate dps erdicate rotation ( if im still alive). Lets look at melee if i actually survive the first seconds of the stun chances are if its a rogue with any gear or skill a good chunk of hp is gone. And if i pop heatwave or get some lucky crits they just slip away restun im dead game over im at rez he is restealthed looking for someone else to insta gimp. I mean i dont see how people can even deny this anymore the parsers say and the population of rogue says it.

Rift Master

Lets go over the focus a rogue, lets see here... They have higher burst and better range and basically fully strip my buffs in a dps erdicate dps erdicate rotation ( if im still alive). Lets look at melee if i actually survive the first seconds of the stun chances are if its a rogue with any gear or skill a good chunk of hp is gone. And if i pop heatwave or get some lucky crits they just slip away restun im dead game over im at rez he is restealthed looking for someone else to insta gimp. I mean i dont see how people can even deny this anymore the parsers say and the population of rogue says it.
    Paper / Rock / Scissors, so working as intended, move along.

Umm, what do you expect, a pyro to beat a sin ?? Pyros are one of the easiest to kill cause of their low health and defences, and the sin has a very high burst damage.The sin is basically made to kill mages.

Rift Disciple

how about use them 5 exra meters from mm and kite? havent failed me so far

on top of it, pyros got a nice big dmg nerf across the board on the PTS.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I hope so. That's WAY overdue.

Or the damage nerf was just a small misunderstanding involving buggy tooltips and Planar Attunement.

If anything, pyros need a buff to their single target DPS. I would be fine with toning the burst done a bit in favor of buffing the overall DPS.
    Last edited by Scourge; 06-07-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

i understand VK is supposed to be the anti mage soul but being able to buff strip and do better damage is utter BS. i know all the warriors and rogues are to QQ the sh*t out of this but i dont care because even they know its stupid when even the parsers say that warriors and rogues do highest dps. and yet they dont die nearly as much when focus fired. I know pyros can 2 or 3 shot but that still is only done with 2 abilities that cant never actually be planned except fulminate. personnally if we didnt have to pop heat wave for every 1v1 and fireball did real damage on non crits i will be happy.
    Do you know that the Warrior build thats tops DPS is with 24points in BM and it has 0 survavanility, no CC or utilility at all and is ultimately unplayable in PvP??

Do you know that in the whole VK three there is 2 hard hiting abilities and they are very situational??

What is kiling you is not the VK part is the Champ/paragoons follow ups/reactives.

Mages with the right fgear and suport still going to dominate any WF scoreboard.
    Last edited by Ashraa; 06-07-2011 at 04:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalamar View Post
    I don't usually make pointless, funny or troll posts, but this is too funny to let pass by - Ashraa, the invincible Warrior, making a complaint topic about Mages. Really, Ashraa? Hahaha!
    I know I can do nothing faced against you.

Not saying it will help much, but degenerate a warrior if you can. If it's not interrupted you might wipe some key buffs off of him to make him manageable. Always better to degenerate a warrior when you can before he engages you. Burning bond a warrior immediately before he jumps on you.

Also detaunt him at the start and run around drawing attention to yourself so he gets focused while doing little dmg to you, or just leave him be and hit something else till detaunt wears off. Some of these warriors are counting on you to hit them with magic damage, if you don't they don't do much dmg especially with detaunt.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-07-2011 at 06:28 AM.

pro

im not really worried about once 1.3 comes mages will have some real good defence against melee from Dominator being revamped like it was suppose to be in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast