+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: @Trion : In regard to the possible stormcaller nerf

Exclamation @Trion : In regard to the possible stormcaller nerf

Im wondering, why us? There are just so many reasons to nerf something else that is much more OP in PvP then a stormcaller.

For one, the general opinion of all of Trion's subscribers is that Pyros should not be able to hit people for 7000+, yet Trion says nothing and makes no motion to do any balance here.

After the recent patch, most people are crying for a Rogue nerf to things like Eradicate. It is also evident that Rogue is the "fotm" as you can find teams with 50%+ rogues.

Clerics are still able to get 30%+ damage reduction in PvP and heal themselves while 5 people beat on them. This goes with my first point, because basically the only way to kill a high ranked (and somewhat skilled) cleric is to burst him with big hits before he can heal all the way back up. Plus with the recent DR addition, its even harder to put healing debuffs or to silence/stun.

Inquisitor is also very messed up. Currently the initial strike of Sanction Heretic can do more damage then Bolt of Deprevity, which is a 3 second cast time Nuke spell similar to the Pyro's cinderburst. One would think the 3 second cast time spell would be doing more damage than a spell that is instant and proceeds to tick as a dot for 350+ every 2 seconds.

And since Stormcaller is the mage's best PvE dps soul and already does LESS damage than warriors and rogues, its obviously not being nerfed to balance PvE, because in terms of PvE this nerf will push mages to the bottem of the DPS totem pole (and they were already pretty close).

So with all the other issues in PvP right now, the biggest one you think you need to fix is really stormcaller? And why do you ignore what its going to do to PvE?

Until warriors have Strike Like Iron addressed, I don't think you have much room to talk, especially not until we see 1.3 go live.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post
    Until warriors have Strike Like Iron addressed, I don't think you have much room to talk, especially not until we see 1.3 go live.
    Warriors still pull better raid dps than mages with 2 button macros so I dont see where you get room to talk

Rift Master

Gersh wants you to respec Bright Wizard. Isn't it obvious?

Stop trying to swim against the current, pick up a red ball and push Fulminate.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 06-05-2011 at 10:05 AM.

That sounds great for PvP. Too bad pyro does even less stdps in raids then stormcaller. And stormcaller is still way behind rogues and warriors.

This game isnt supposed to be balanced around pvp

Banned

So how is stormcaller getting nerfed? Its the best AoE dps in the game, its not lower then other callings like you claim.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 06-05-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Ascendant

just need to get pyro nerfed and we are good.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Warriors still pull better raid dps than mages with 2 button macros so I dont see where you get room to talk
    Because SLI is a crutch. I dare you to try playing a warrior without it. Our viability and competitiveness drops like a rock because it's that significant a part of our DPS. You say "2 button macros" as if that's a good thing, too (I don't macro btw).

Shoulda posted this in the mage section cuz now its full of pvpers that want everything nerfed like whiney children

Shoulda posted this in the mage section cuz now its full of pvpers that want everything nerfed like whiney children
    Opposed to the whiny child who started this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletus View Post
    Opposed to the whiny child who started this thread?
    Oh awesome comeback, just pretend like they arent nerfing the top mage dps soul even though its already way behind rogues and warriors. As long as you can pvp without crying, which will never happen.
    Last edited by GriffonHawke; 06-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

While I agree that it's ridiculous that warriors MUST use SLI for competitive raid dps, mages are in the same boat since they HAVE to use SC for competitive raid dps.
    I'd like to see warriors if SLI gets nerfed and nothing else gets buffed in return, yall would be a bit peeved too, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Oscelot View Post
    While I agree that it's ridiculous that warriors MUST use SLI for competitive raid dps, mages are in the same boat since they HAVE to use SC for competitive raid dps.
    I'd like to see warriors if SLI gets nerfed and nothing else gets buffed in return, yall would be a bit peeved too, no?
    I don't want to turn this into an argument of who has the more gimped calling, but at least you guys have viable PvP specs without requiring top end equipment and a pocket healer to hope to reach similar K/D ratios, and that's neverminding the fact that SLI means we have 1 finisher for every 6 attack points. That'd be like if SC wasn't just a matter of being top DPS, but had a charge ability you have to use every other maxed charge for any of your DPS specs to even be viable let alone competitive. Try leveling a warrior without SLI today, especially a DPS leveling build like BM/Champ.

I've yet to come across a MMO dev that would trash, let alone completely retune, any major changes such as this in their public test phase, so we'll see what happens. All I know is that Trion is ruining a game with tons of potential because their calling/soul design and balancing team right now is either wholly incompetent or entirely too lazy. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd still have a sub and not be responding to this if I was. We'll see how long it takes for me to get bored of the forums. Maybe after 1.3 comes out and nothing that should have changed does.
    Last edited by Deioth; 06-05-2011 at 12:44 PM.

I would just for once in a MOG like to see class balance for PvE and PvP servers remain entirely seperate. And glass canons should be the most powerful deeps there are for obvious reasons.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Rift Master

Oh awesome comeback, just pretend like they arent nerfing the top mage dps soul even though its already way behind rogues and warriors. As long as you can pvp without crying, which will never happen.
    You're a very dumb person and you have my sympathy.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 06-05-2011 at 02:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast