+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Give Wardens a 44 point talent that makes their HOTs harder to purge?

Telaran

Default Give Wardens a 44 point talent that makes their HOTs harder to purge?

It's in the title. Flame me if this has been thought of...I haven't read the threads...I'm trying to finish War and Peace, right now...then I have to train for that marathon.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Sure, if Wardens can't cross stack hots. 15 HoT's stacked up is pretty ridiculous, making an RNG based anti-purge system will make it even more ridiculous as Eradicate is the only way to counter that.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

sure then make dots the same way.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

Telaran

Well, I don't know anything. However, most of the qq right now seems to be about healers being overpowered and Eradicate making some healers useless. Can it all be true?

Complaining about healers is familiar from every PVP game I've ever played. This comes in three varieties: 1) The other team has them and we don't, 2) They aren't healing me good enough, 3) They are overpowered. It's like the guys who cry about being one-shotted by a mage who gets off a 4-5 second cast without interruption.

However, having your class-defining ability neutralized by another class is genuinely frustrating. I'm speaking as someone leveling a Marksman.

It really has nothing to do with DOTs. Unless cleansing has become a huge issue?

I'll throw out some numbers into the void: Three points (10/20/30 percent chance to resist purges).

Soulwalker

Druids, Priests, and Shaman's all got Dispel Resistance passives sometime during Wrath of the Lich King to counter Dispel/Purge spamming in Arenas and BG's - it wouldn't surprise me if Trion won't add this kind of a fix soley because they don't want to follow in Blizzard's footsteps when " You're not in Azeroth anymore ".

I personally see no problem with it, but don't cross your fingers.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katboi View Post
    Druids, Priests, and Shaman's all got Dispel Resistance passives sometime during Wrath of the Lich King to counter Dispel/Purge spamming in Arenas and BG's - it wouldn't surprise me if Trion won't add this kind of a fix soley because they don't want to follow in Blizzard's footsteps when " You're not in Azeroth anymore ".

I personally see no problem with it, but don't cross your fingers.
    Which they later removed.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Ascendant

change eradicate to 1 positive effect and 1 heal over time, problem solved. mass hots need a counter.

As a Chloromancer, I'd like to contribute one thing, and one thing only to this terrible thread.

YOU
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Shadowlander

Hope trion doesnt listen to such a qq, hope such things never happen. Would be another completely wasted talent in PvE in a slot which should bring something useful...

Wardens are fine.

@op
    U want to add useles ability rather than fixing overpowered.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Prophet of Telara

Dispel protection is opening a can of worms. Not only is rng in a pvp game annoying, but you set a precedent for counter/countercounter. Even Blizzard realized this when they removed dispel protection and made purges much more expensive.
    Honestly, I think they should increase the cost of Eradicate to 50 or 60 energy. Right now it's spammable because it costs as much as they regen. Make it more expensive and you've put a pseudo cooldown on it of about 3 seconds and they're energy starved as well. Then it wouldn't be spammable anymore and have a tradeoff.

Rift Master

How about... no.

There's nothing else to say really. Warden's are already re****ed when you don't have a marksman purging them. Maybe when you make wardens hard to play.

Rift Chaser

VK's purge removes 3 hot which has 15s cd.

warden only need 4.5s to get 3 hot back.

Inq's purge removes 2 hot which has 10s cd

warden only need 3s to get 2 hot back.

I cant see any point to give warden an anti-purge skill.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf View Post
    VK's purge removes 3 hot which has 15s cd.

warden only need 4.5s to get 3 hot back.

Inq's purge removes 2 hot which has 10s cd

warden only need 3s to get 2 hot back.

I cant see any point to give warden an anti-purge skill.
    MM's Eradicate removes 2 HoTs in 1 second.
    Warden only needs 3 seconds to get 2 HoTs back during which time the MM can proceed to tear him a new one.

Or how about Soothing Stream stacking takes 6 seconds, but for Purge purposes the whole Soothing Stream stack counts as one buff and will be removed on one Purge.

Yeah, I can see no reason at all either.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    MM's Eradicate removes 2 HoTs in 1 second.
    Warden only needs 3 seconds to get 2 HoTs back during which time the MM can proceed to tear him a new one.

Or how about Soothing Stream stacking takes 6 seconds, but for Purge purposes the whole Soothing Stream stack counts as one buff and will be removed on one Purge.

Yeah, I can see no reason at all either.
    Eradicate is going to be changed, ****. This kind of whining is getting old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast