+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible Cleric PVP Builds

Default Possible Cleric PVP Builds

Ive recently taken an interest to this game Rift and in past games I've always played a healer in the PVP aspect of the game. I started to fool around with building a few specs and wondering other peoples input on how it would be.

Ive made a Sent/ Pur / Justicar Build and a Warden/ Pur / Justicar Build if anyone could give me some input or give a link to your build that you would use for PVP it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Warden / Pur / Justicar

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...r.500031100500

Sent / Pur / Justicar

Last edited by Erkmed; 01-06-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkmed View Post
    Ive recently taken an interest to this game Rift and in past games I've always played a healer in the PVP aspect of the game. I started to fool around with building a few specs and wondering other peoples input on how it would be.

Ive made a Sent/ Pur / Justicar Build and a Warden/ Pur / Justicar Build if anyone could give me some input or give a link to your build that you would use for PVP it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Warden / Pur / Justicar

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...r.500000005500

Sent / Pur / Justicar

What is the reason you took Justicar for your 3rd soul.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    What is the reason you took Justicar for your 3rd soul.
    So i could get the increased armor by 15% and the reduced the damaged received by 5%.

for defence purposes since usually the healer gets attacked. = ]

I think you're trying to do too much with them, and could benefit from focusing a bit more on what you want to do (Heal).

15 points in Justicar as a PvP group healer seems like a waste. The 5% damage reduction is useful, but most of the abilities are not going to be worthwhile. You do not want to be in melee as a PvP healer unless you absolutely have to be, so you won't be generating any Convictions that allow you to use the Justicar abilities. Plus, they are generally less mana efficient and not as powerful as the Sent/warden/puri heals.

In the Warden/Puri/Just build, I'd really recommend getting to at least 32 points in Warden since you've invested 27 already. The 5 points in the first tier that increase your instant cast damage by 10% do not affect your heals, only your offensive spells, so they could be better spent elsewhere. I'd try to pick up the 30% chance to not consume Tidal Surge, and possibly the pair of Deluge buffs (faster cooldown and larger heals) since it's a pretty potent spell.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

So i could get the increased armor by 15% and the reduced the damaged received by 5%.

Take a look at the healer PvP soul (Templar). That will be by far the best bang-for-your-buck investment when it comes to survivability.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Look at the inquisitor soul if you want more defense and utility, with the same amount of points spent into them you get:

A armor buff, a snare, a purge (removes two buffs), 5% more crit and more dmg on crit.

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...r.300050200500

Anyhow that's my opinion and it would suit the other 2 souls much better.

Don't get me wrong, I love Justicar, but I would use it for something else then just the two passives.
    Last edited by Jazebel; 01-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Default Pur/ Warden/ Sent

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I think you're trying to do too much with them, and could benefit from focusing a bit more on what you want to do (Heal).

15 points in Justicar as a PvP group healer seems like a waste. The 5% damage reduction is useful, but most of the abilities are not going to be worthwhile. You do not want to be in melee as a PvP healer unless you absolutely have to be, so you won't be generating any Convictions that allow you to use the Justicar abilities. Plus, they are generally less mana efficient and not as powerful as the Sent/warden/puri heals.

In the Warden/Puri/Just build, I'd really recommend getting to at least 32 points in Warden since you've invested 27 already. The 5 points in the first tier that increase your instant cast damage by 10% do not affect your heals, only your offensive spells, so they could be better spent elsewhere. I'd try to pick up the 30% chance to not consume Tidal Surge, and possibly the pair of Deluge buffs (faster cooldown and larger heals) since it's a pretty potent spell.
    After reading what you had put i had come up with this spec:

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...tinel.30005000

Is a melee ability considered a spell, making a spell essentially any ability other than autoattack?

+ Reply to Thread