+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: eradicate

Plane Touched

Default eradicate

I'm honestly trying to find a reason why it
    A. purges 2 buffs
    b. has no cooldown

can anyone explain possibly this for me?
    Bouse - Dayblind - Defiant - Cleric

Telaran

Hmmm.... maybe because trion made it that way? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    I'm honestly trying to find a reason why it
    A. purges 2 buffs
    b. has no cooldown

can anyone explain possibly this for me?
    a. 44 points into a tree
    b. no damage, no combo points
    c. crapton of "proc buffs" ingame.
    d. so people will l2cc, l2focus, l2teamwork
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Eradicate won't be changed. Pick a soul that isn't reliant on buffs.

If you rolled mage to heal... sorry for your luck. We've all made that mistake.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Plane Touched

[QUOTE=xaed;2539061]

it negates entire classes, doesn't have to do damage to be stupid op
    Bouse - Dayblind - Defiant - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post

it negates entire classes, doesn't have to do damage to be stupid op
    So does the Pyro one button I win button..

take your pick:

l2focus
    l2cc
    l2rollacounterclass (I love it when mages and clerics rage at me to do this when I QQ about GoS and heals and stuff.)
    Last edited by xaed; 06-02-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Yesterday I had Synthesis on me from a chloro, I was eradicated thousands of times (Whitefall match, I was the flag carrier) the whole game but Synthesis never faded from me.

Maybe they keep "ninja fixing" class key buffs with every hotfix? I know there is some Justicar buffs inmune to dispell also.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    a. 44 points into a tree
    c. crapton of "proc buffs" ingame.
    d. so people will l2cc, l2focus, l2teamwork
    +1 - Eradicate is fine - L2P.

Telaran

Nothing wrong with eradicate, in fact it's so not OP that many rogues don't even use it! (Myself included)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthel View Post
    Nothing wrong with eradicate, in fact it's so not OP that many rogues don't even use it! (Myself included)
    Unfortunately, exactly because people don't use those extremely effective healer killing tools provided, certain individuals still moan about healer nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    Unfortunately, exactly because people don't use those extremely effective healer killing tools provided, certain individuals still moan about healer nerfs.
    With the efficiency of HoTs and Orbs when off CD, an MM would literally have to SPAM Eradicate to keep them off, and would therefor never kill a healer. There's a guaranteed instant-tick when HoT is applied, which would be sufficient enough to heal through the auto shots.

Clerics need a nerf, but purge isn't the answer. Eradicate is lackluster where it needs to shine, and overpowered where it isn't needed.

For clarification:

Lackluster against heals.

OP against souls that RELY on specific buffs for mechanics to function, i.e Chloro.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

With the efficiency of HoTs and Orbs when off CD, an MM would literally have to SPAM Eradicate to keep them off, and would therefor never kill a healer. There's a guaranteed instant-tick when HoT is applied, which would be sufficient enough to heal through the auto shots.

Clerics need a nerf, but purge isn't the answer. Eradicate is lackluster where it needs to shine, and overpowered where it isn't needed.

For clarification:

Lackluster against heals.

OP against souls that RELY on specific buffs for mechanics to function, i.e Chloro.
    Then you can consider it a counter soul to Chloro. Truth really is a matter of perspective. Heck, pyro is a counter soul to every other soul, lol.
    Last edited by xaed; 06-03-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Then you can consider it a counter soul to Chloro. Truth really is a matter of perspective. Heck, pyro is a counter soul to every other soul, lol.
    If you lose to Pyro as a Rogue... I'm not really sure what to tell you, other than try harder. :\

It's not a matter of counter-class or not. This isn't World of Warcraft and the developers here have never, that I've seen, made mention of balancing classes to include counters. That's an assumption that seems to have been carried over.

Counter-class or not, is there a soul out there that can completely remove your ability to deal damage for 15s at a time? There's Disarm, where only 2 of the 7-8(?) total in the game even affect ranged weapons... but lucky for you Trion handed you immunity thanks to the idiotic DR changes.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-03-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Freudian Slip :S
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

If you lose to Pyro as a Rogue... I'm not really sure what to tell you, other than try harder. :\

It's not a matter of counter-class or not. This isn't World of Warcraft and the developers here have never, that I've seen, made mention of balancing classes to include counters. That's an assumption that seems to have been carried over.

Counter-class or not, is there a soul out there that can completely remove your ability to deal damage for 15s at a time? There's Disarm, where only 2 of the 7-8(?) total in the game even affect ranged weapons... but lucky for you Trion handed you immunity thanks to the idiotic DR changes.
    Ah, then if you lost to a rogue spamming eradicate and doing no damage to you, then perhaps you are doing something wrong?

It's not a matter of having a dev confirmed counter classs, it's simply rolling a class w/ the skillset to counter another.
    Last edited by xaed; 06-03-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Ah, then if you lost to a rogue spamming eradicate and doing no damage to you, then perhaps you are doing something wrong?

It's not a matter of having a dev confirmed counter classs, it's simply rolling a class w/ the skillset to counter another.
    Calling something a "counter" to another is a direct implication of balancing tactics.

So, yeah, it is a matter of having developer confirmation.

I also never made any mention of losing to an Eradicate Rogue. I'm of the mind that skilled Rogues will be running better, more effective specs. You can stop the rapid defense for Eradicate. I don't want it nerfed. I'd rather they keep that ****ty ability in the MM tree than give them an ability they actually want.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast