+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 111

Thread: eradicate

  1. #61
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    you understand that it takes you only 1 second to counter 3 seconds of your opponents right?
    you can easily do eradicate->dps->dps->eradicate->dps->dps->eradicate->dps->finisher-> and you opponent all this time has done 0 if he is trying to rebuff/hot/shield/whatever himself, while in the meantime you are doing damage AND keeping him stripped of his buffs.


    That will not work; the dmg from single skill is around 200dmg(no crit)
    The single reapply hot will nullify the dmg done by say dps.

    At this point; the healer is focus on himself while the mm focus on him doing nothing but eradicate.

    The mm will do more if he focus target dps vs rogue/warrior/mage by killing them
    Keep in mind mm is like 40% of
    What pyro do in dmg when all cd is up.

    Like i say the only way that eradicate work perfectly is when the enemis spawn no buff aoe.
    Else eradicate will work on last 2buffs.

    Seriously people should try that skill before judging it.

    P.s like i said on my early post eradicate dont debuff all buff alot cannot
    Be eradicate

  2. #62
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyraxi View Post
    That will not work; the dmg from single skill is around 200dmg(no crit)
    The single reapply hot will nullify the dmg done by say dps.

    At this point; the healer is focus on himself while the mm focus on him doing nothing but eradicate.

    The mm will do more if he focus target dps vs rogue/warrior/mage by killing them
    Keep in mind mm is like 40% of
    What pyro do in dmg when all cd is up.

    Like i say the only way that eradicate work perfectly is when the enemis spawn no buff aoe.
    Else eradicate will work on last 2buffs.

    Seriously people should try that skill before judging it.

    P.s like i said on my early post eradicate dont debuff all buff alot cannot
    Be eradicate

    you don't need to tell me to play it.

    i RUN with an eradicate spamming marksman.

    and him plus the warrior i run with just kill the first thing they see or can get to. rank 6 warriors in the front? no problem, eradicate spam + lingering wounds = there is nothing saving this guy and hes dead within seconds.

    and yes, i have to fight against this crap as well. and the only thing i can do to try to help my team out is by chain casting 3 second cast healing invocations because that is the only thing i can really do. if i get 1 thing on me, a pet, a random aoe, a random tank, a dps, virtually anything on me, and those heals aren't going to come out because thats what i'm limited to do because of the power this ability encases.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  3. #63
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    rank 6 warriors in the front?
    The other side of this story (when there is no MM spamming eradicate, if they even chose to do that) is that this R6 warrior is almost impossible to kill.

    What is up with that charge + 6 second fear. You come around and everyone is dead; but yeh, two of his buffs were stripped.

    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

  4. #64
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    I'm honestly trying to find a reason why it
    A. purges 2 buffs
    b. has no cooldown

    can anyone explain possibly this for me?
    Because everyone hates Clerics and Mages for being such utterly broken (pvp) classes.

    Keep crying about it. Just makes the tears that much more flavorful.

  5. #65
    Plane Walker Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    Because everyone hates Clerics and Mages for being such utterly broken (pvp) classes.

    Keep crying about it. Just makes the tears that much more flavorful.
    Disregard the fact that VKs and Nightblades are a hard counter to both callings or that warriors and rogues can apply a healing debuff for free.

    Derp.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

  6. #66
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    you don't need to tell me to play it.

    i RUN with an eradicate spamming marksman.

    and him plus the warrior i run with just kill the first thing they see or can get to. rank 6 warriors in the front? no problem, eradicate spam + lingering wounds = there is nothing saving this guy and hes dead within seconds.

    and yes, i have to fight against this crap as well. and the only thing i can do to try to help my team out is by chain casting 3 second cast healing invocations because that is the only thing i can really do. if i get 1 thing on me, a pet, a random aoe, a random tank, a dps, virtually anything on me, and those heals aren't going to come out because thats what i'm limited to do because of the power this ability encases.
    If i read correctly you Say you kill someone in 2v1?
    Dont get me wrong in 1v1 that skill is very good but un group vs group itnis very situal or very bad

  7. #67
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyraxi View Post
    If i read correctly you Say you kill someone in 2v1?
    Dont get me wrong in 1v1 that skill is very good but un group vs group itnis very situal or very bad
    no, what i'm saying is, we kill a target, regardless if it's just by itself, or if it's being healed by 3 other healers (4v2 in your situation), because it doesn't matter how many healers are healing it, one warrior can cut through any healers hard cast heals. it's only when the healer starts dumping big buffs on the target that the warrior can't kill it, and the marksman prevents from ever happening.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  8. #68
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    no, what i'm saying is, we kill a target, regardless if it's just by itself, or if it's being healed by 3 other healers (4v2 in your situation), because it doesn't matter how many healers are healing it, one warrior can cut through any healers hard cast heals. it's only when the healer starts dumping big buffs on the target that the warrior can't kill it, and the marksman prevents from ever happening.
    So the MM is doing is join while the other dude try to kill the target..
    You could replace the MM with any thing and the dude that the cleric is healing will die.

    Replace the Eradicate by Blinding Powder or Incapacited or Fear or silence or whatever...
    That is 2v2 situation: of 1cleric+something vs 2DPS knowing what they doing.

    P.S I know you exagere you know why ? when you simply say: you+warrior vs 3healer+something you pwned 4 of them...

    And you imply that even whitout MM : Warrior DPS is way over H of Cleric ( Quote: one warrior can cut through any healers hard cast heals )


    Jus to make thing clear: What do you prefer a MM or Pyro ? or by your self OP warrior. ( perso I dont think warrior is op in term of dd)


    P.P.S By your logic: The Design PVP of Trion need a "revamp". Which I agrees since to much class spread

  9. #69
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Isn't the main point of this game to be entertaining ?

    Eredicate is extremly usefull to all Cleric souls and to Chrolomancer etc....

    In group pvp where a Marksmen eredicate the hots and his friend do dps is alot more usefull than to have 2 dps shooting at a target who is healed by hots.

    Second of all pvp in this game will be very boring without Clerics. Fights will end so fast no one have time to blink.

    So having a skill that makes every single Cleric soul boring, taking away every single fun and cool ability a Cleric can use and it makes the Cleric class boring and no one will play it eventually.


    You have all seen less and less Clerics in pvp now adays and it will continue. The pvp in this game can live without any other class and still be fun, but without Clerics it won't.


    So apart from the skill is the best skill in the game group pvp it is also extremly boring, just pale and simply boring.

    I thought when I started to play this game that I could build my own class, not that every soul combination will work but atleast I thought that there would be alot of options that would be viable, but atm for Clerics there are not that many at all and none of the cool skills Cleric have is viable because in 50% of the cases they will just be dispelled.

    So if Cleric class is supposed to be entertaining in pvp, Eredicate needs to be changed.
    Last edited by Fadern; 06-04-2011 at 11:55 PM.

  10. #70
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    Isn't the main point of this game to be entertaining ?

    Eredicate is extremly usefull to all Cleric souls and to Chrolomancer etc....

    In group pvp where a Marksmen eredicate the hots and his friend do dps is alot more usefull than to have 2 dps shooting at a target who is healed by hots.

    Second of all pvp in this game will be very boring without Clerics. Fights will end so fast no one have time to blink.

    So having a skill that makes every single Cleric soul boring, taking away every single fun and cool ability a Cleric can use and it makes the Cleric class boring and no one will play it eventually.


    You have all seen less and less Clerics in pvp now adays and it will continue. The pvp in this game can live without any other class and still be fun, but without Clerics it won't.


    So apart from the skill is the best skill in the game group pvp it is also extremly boring, just pale and simply boring.

    I thought when I started to play this game that I could build my own class, not that every soul combination will work but atleast I thought that there would be alot of options that would be viable, but atm for Clerics there are not that many at all and none of the cool skills Cleric have is viable because in 50% of the cases they will just be dispelled.

    So if Cleric class is supposed to be entertaining in pvp, Eredicate needs to be changed.
    someone finally gets it.

    when all healing souls require having to buff in order to do so, skills like eradicate make them pointless to achieve any sort of means.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  11. #71
    Shield of Telara Riftspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Then you can consider it a counter soul to Chloro. Truth really is a matter of perspective. Heck, pyro is a counter soul to every other soul, lol.
    I have no problem killing pyros of any rank. Oh, and I'm not an MM.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    Isn't the main point of this game to be entertaining ?

    Eredicate is extremly usefull to all Cleric souls and to Chrolomancer etc....

    In group pvp where a Marksmen eredicate the hots and his friend do dps is alot more usefull than to have 2 dps shooting at a target who is healed by hots.

    Second of all pvp in this game will be very boring without Clerics. Fights will end so fast no one have time to blink.

    So having a skill that makes every single Cleric soul boring, taking away every single fun and cool ability a Cleric can use and it makes the Cleric class boring and no one will play it eventually.


    You have all seen less and less Clerics in pvp now adays and it will continue. The pvp in this game can live without any other class and still be fun, but without Clerics it won't.


    So apart from the skill is the best skill in the game group pvp it is also extremly boring, just pale and simply boring.

    I thought when I started to play this game that I could build my own class, not that every soul combination will work but atleast I thought that there would be alot of options that would be viable, but atm for Clerics there are not that many at all and none of the cool skills Cleric have is viable because in 50% of the cases they will just be dispelled.

    So if Cleric class is supposed to be entertaining in pvp, Eredicate needs to be changed.
    I'd like to feel sorry for invulnerable clerics but its not happening. Heaven forbid it now takes less than 6 people to kill a cleric.

    But sorry - your fun as a godmode cleric should never come under threat by an ability i haven't heard a single grumble about ingame for 5 weeks now.

    Its fine. Adapt.

  13. #73
    Xsi
    Xsi is offline
    Shield of Telara Xsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    someone finally gets it.

    when all healing souls require having to buff in order to do so, skills like eradicate make them pointless to achieve any sort of means.
    See here's the point that you are completely missing.

    At 50, clerics are NOT diminishing in numbers in PvP groups. It's been the complete opposite trend with ranked tank clerics and inquistor/cabals running everywhere. Even with 1.2 and Eradicate being introduced, the most effective team is stacking healers and far more clerics (and mages) are being rolled every day. Rogues are asked to run Bard just for the motifs (IF the opposite team has 2+ MMs). Trion sees the real data-mining, you do not. But it does not take a genius with the "well, we have no healers in this warfront, sit down" comments versus the "LOL we have 3 more healers than the their team, we win" comments.

    You also ask for rogues and warriors to run "Nightblade" or "Void Knight" as a hard counter yet you do not want to be limited in not being able to play "Chloro" or "Warden" because they rely on buffs? Ironic, isn't it?

    Try again. Or reroll and see how green the grass is over on the rogue side (or just ask anyone who has both classes at 50 which is more effective in warfront PvP).
    Last edited by Xsi; 06-06-2011 at 06:04 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

  14. #74
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    The only methods of removing a Rogues ability to perform their primary role is on diminishing returns.

    The methods of removing a Chloro's primary role is not.

    Fix.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

  15. #75
    Ascendant titansgrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,002

    Default

    it's become a huge boon in PVE.

    this is primarily a pve game with pvp tacked on.

    concessions to pvp are worth no special consideration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts