+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: eradicate

Telaran

Please take away eradicate, not because it is overpowered, but because I would much rather have a heal debuff in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Yeah, cuz one fulminate at a 2k crit is effectively half the rogues health, + 2 800 fireballs + procs and bye bye rogue.
    everyone acts like pyros just run around and throw fulminates every chance they get...
    its 45 second cooldown, takes a full charge bar, is only really effective when they have red ball, needs crit and can't be cast within a set time from cinderburst. But on the rare chance it happens they get forum spammed for it to such an extent that even though much of the general un red balled pyro is not out of line on dmg the class has been more and more balanced around it having red ball fulminate up all the time.
    Its not the same as eradicate which is very unsituational and more class specific. But what it is similar in is that if its imbalances aren't balanced out it will hurt meaningful balancing on other issues for the class in the long run.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Yeah, cuz one fulminate at a 2k crit is effectively half the rogues health, + 2 800 fireballs + procs and bye bye rogue.
    what terrible rogues are you playing with that have only 4k hp and on top of that, cant manage to get out of range OR use a survival skill while under fire from a pyro for well over 3 seconds?

And if said rogue is a marksman, tell your buddies that pyro just wasted his flicker to get in range of you and take a **** all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    what terrible rogues are you playing with that have only 4k hp and on top of that, cant manage to get out of range OR use a survival skill while under fire from a pyro for well over 3 seconds?

And if said rogue is a marksman, tell your buddies that pyro just wasted his flicker to get in range of you and take a **** all over him.
    Way to take it out context champ.

I said effectively half, a burst PvP rogue will rarely go above 5K HP. Right, get out of a 30m ranged nuker, you must be godly. lol.

Any pyro will flicker out of range of any melee rogue and flicker into range of any ranged rogue, in either case, the rogue dies or slips away.

Oh and edit, since we're talking about how you tell your teammates to focus him. Yeah, a pryo w/ pocket heals, g'luck with that.
    Last edited by xaed; 06-03-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by KarrilDaltaya View Post
    Please take away eradicate, not because it is overpowered, but because I would much rather have a heal debuff in its place.
    No no no. See, it doesn't work like that. Rogues have spent the better part of a month defending Eradicate to the teeth. You all should be stuck with it.

What's wrong, flavor of the month going a little bland now that people are just stacking Wardens for heals in pre-mades and having their Mages go Pyro or SC and steamrolling your team?

Tough sh*t.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Shadowlander

No no no. See, it doesn't work like that. Rogues have spent the better part of a month defending Eradicate to the teeth. You all should be stuck with it.

What's wrong, flavor of the month going a little bland now that people are just stacking Wardens for heals in pre-mades and having their Mages go Pyro or SC and steamrolling your team?

Tough sh*t.
    As if that wouldnt have happened regardless of eradicate?

Healing needs to be toned down.

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    I'm honestly trying to find a reason why it
    A. purges 2 buffs
    b. has no cooldown

can anyone explain possibly this for me?
    How about Eradicate be nerfed to only remove 1 buff from the target and 1 debuff (all types) from the Marksman? That sounds like a nerf MMs would live with.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    How about Eradicate be nerfed to only remove 1 buff from the target and 1 debuff (all types) from the Marksman? That sounds like a nerf MMs would live with.
    How about you get a clue as to what you're talking about?
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Disciple

To be able to purge a few souls class mechanics isn't right, and the real problem is that its not even hard, require any brains or requrie any gear whatsoever. You can be a green geared MM standing on a very very safe distance and actually purge class mechanincs of 5 % of the souls in the game.

If you ask me this is very wrong. Trion have design it very bad where a skill that is so easy to use and so good against just a handfull of soulcombinations and then made those few handfull of soulcombinations completly depending on their buffs.

It is boring and it make so many speccs and cool spells completly useless and most MM's don't even themselves think it is fun to spamm eredicate.

So here is one idea. Maybe make buffs just what they are -buffs and un purgable.

Make after that hots and heals a un purgable buffs.

Make after that cooldowns and wtfpwn abilities the chance of being purged.

Make after that Eredicate and other dispel/purge ability a very long cd. Say one min.

It would make it abit of a skill so that you will use purge when you need to, not just spam it without any brain behind it.

You then have to watch the people you are fighting, saving your amazing purge and then - Baam someone used a cd you can purged it.

Just an idea....
    Last edited by Fadern; 06-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Multiple wardens can spam and stack their HOTs so unless u have healing debuff(spammable) or purge(spamable) those HOTs away, basically the other team just can not do any thing. HOTs negate the afford of all other team not just one class or 1 soul. So should we just get rid of HOTs since they negate effictiveness of all other callings?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    I'm honestly trying to find a reason why it
    A. purges 2 buffs
    b. has no cooldown

Can anyone explain possibly this for me?
    I recently build a MM to try out Eradicate...

I most say it have some use but its NOT OP.
    YOU should try one...

I will explain why:
    -No cooldown but you can only spawn it each 1sec
    -2 debuff is not that high. Why ? I usually cast it on cleric or any other mage; Yes you do debuff them but in group the buff is Re-ON so fast that I am wasting time debuff someone while DOING 0 DMG.

*Sorry for my english
    If I can bring a example:
    -Eradicate: 2 debuff ( last 2 buff )
    -Brd rebuff
    -Eradicate: 2debuff ( the buff from the brd )
    -Cleric "aoe hot or whatever"
    -Eradicate: what the cleric did

So you can see I will waste time trying to debuff someone in group while doing 0 DMG helping my team.

BUT
    In 1v1 situation; yes Debuff become extremely good if I can stay out of range of people for doing dps once debuff

People need to try it before QQ about something really

EDIT: Forgot to add ERADICATE dont Debuff everything buff; some cannot be eradicated
    Last edited by cyraxi; 06-03-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlientShadow View Post
    Multiple wardens can spam and stack their HOTs so unless u have healing debuff(spammable) or purge(spamable) those HOTs away, basically the other team just can not do any thing. HOTs negate the afford of all other team not just one class or 1 soul. So should we just get rid of HOTs since they negate effictiveness of all other callings?
    i would have no problem with it removing hots.

but it removes crucial things, not just specific to chloromancers either.

take detaunt for example in templar tree.

or healer's haste or healers covenant in sentinel. crucial buffs that are pretty highly specced into the line to obtain... both with big cooldowns that they can't exactly just "reapply".

or ... god the purifier tree is just pathetic. any of their shields can get removed, their wisdom buff, their searing transfusion, any of their blessings, surging flames, latent blaze ... heck even rite of the ancestors ... probably the most powerful cleric spell available in terms of saving somethings life

and the comic thing about it? rite of the ancestors IS a 44 point spec ability, that is still instantly removable by this.

stop trying to justify that because it's 44 points in a line, that it's able to counter just about every soul the cleric has to be viable.

if 44 points spent into a soul is required for an OP ability, i would really enjoy mine please in a cleric line. please show me one that can't just get instantly taken from me by this stupid ability...

further note, i have no problems when a vk times his purge for when he notices big abilities on me. want to know why? because he blew a cooldown in order to do it. same with cleric purge ... and same with mage purge...

all have cooldowns.

if this ability is to remain the same with no cooldown, i'd suggest increasing it's energy requisite to avoid players from just spamming it entire scenarios ... because that is what they're doing already.
    Last edited by aylictal; 06-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by cyraxi View Post
    I recently build a MM to try out Eradicate...

I most say it have some use but its NOT OP.
    YOU should try one...

I will explain why:
    -No cooldown but you can only spawn it each 1sec
    -2 debuff is not that high. Why ? I usually cast it on cleric or any other mage; Yes you do debuff them but in group the buff is Re-ON so fast that I am wasting time debuff someone while DOING 0 DMG.

*Sorry for my english
    If I can bring a example:
    -Eradicate: 2 debuff ( last 2 buff )
    -Brd rebuff
    -Eradicate: 2debuff ( the buff from the brd )
    -Cleric "aoe hot or whatever"
    -Eradicate: what the cleric did

So you can see I will waste time trying to debuff someone in group while doing 0 DMG helping my team.

BUT
    In 1v1 situation; yes Debuff become extremely good if I can stay out of range of people for doing dps once debuff

People need to try it before QQ about something really

EDIT: Forgot to add ERADICATE dont Debuff everything buff; some cannot be eradicated
    cool ... so by your logic, you're taking 2 enemies out of the fight, effectively reducing them to doing nothing, and if you have anyone helping you, will kill that target, even with a bard / cleric trying to heal it.

thanks for proving the point further.
    the rogue community in general --
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    cool ... so by your logic, you're taking 2 enemies out of the fight, effectively reducing them to doing nothing, and if you have anyone helping you, will kill that target, even with a bard / cleric trying to heal it.

thanks for proving the point further.
    I'm more confused as to why Marksman, a class that has nothing to do with magical abilities, has a better dispell then say, Void Knight, a class based around countering magic

Would like to point out that in a premade, being able to strip the focus targets hots and buffs very fast is worth more in most situations than some ranged dps.

Oh and mage purge is aoe and no cooldown. But not as good as MM.
    Last edited by Arcanas; 06-04-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast