+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: eradicate

Shadowlander

I'm somewhat of a fresh 50 with some blue and some green gear. No matter what rogue spec I choose, I pretty much get my butt handed to me or die from the AoE splatter that was being casted on the dude next to me.

So I went 44MM and assist with eradicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefstu View Post
    I'm somewhat of a fresh 50 with some blue and some green gear. No matter what rogue spec I choose, I pretty much get my butt handed to me or die from the AoE splatter that was being casted on the dude next to me.

Try Bard/Riftstalker. Verrrrry effective and tolerant of lower gear levels. I'm sure there's a great build floating around the Rogue forums. I'm ranking up with a fresh Rogue right now and he's pretty sturdy in the grand scheme of things.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Calling something a "counter" to another is a direct implication of balancing tactics.

So, yeah, it is a matter of having developer confirmation.
    It doesn't. I can make the weirdest build you'd ever seen but if it had all the skills to counter w/e class I'm planning to counter. It's a counter. I don't need a dev to confirm it as a counter class. That's what you got wrong. A counter class is w/e you make it out to be. A fell blade specc'd rogue is usually played as a counter to healing, has a dev ever confirmed that? A voidknight is a counter to mana users, has a dev ever said "oh yeah, we did make the VK to be a counter to mana users?" No. it's simply a matter of skillsets within a build, it's hardly a balancing tactic put forth by the devs.

I also never made any mention of losing to an Eradicate Rogue. I'm of the mind that skilled Rogues will be running better, more effective specs. You can stop the rapid defense for Eradicate. I don't want it nerfed. I'd rather they keep that ****ty ability in the MM tree than give them an ability they actually want.
    Well, there are good MMs and bad ones, same with every other class. And some players rock the Eradicate build. And when it's gone some players will rock w/e build is left.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefstu View Post

As a low rank, you'd want to get a build with damage mitigation that's based on your souls, and not your gear; save that for when you're higher ranked.

If you're set on playing an MM here's the build I'd recommend for low rank PvP.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Au0o.VbtMG0x0o
    Last edited by xaed; 06-03-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    It doesn't. I can make the weirdest build you'd ever seen but if it had all the skills to counter w/e class I'm planning to counter. It's a counter. I don't need a dev to confirm it as a counter class. That's what you got wrong. A counter class is w/e you make it out to be. A fell blade specc'd rogue is usually played as a counter to healing, has a dev ever confirmed that? A voidknight is a counter to mana users, has a dev ever said "oh yeah, we did make the VK to be a counter to mana users?" No. it's simply a matter of skillsets within a build, it's hardly a balancing tactic put forth by the devs.

Well, there are good MMs and bad ones, same with every other class. And some players rock the Eradicate build. And when it's gone some players will rock w/e build is left.

I see your point on balancing tactics. I don't really agree, but your point is valid nonetheless.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Well said sir.

Yup, focus an MM he's a goner. Heck I don't even go anywhere near Pyro's if there's the smallest chance he'll see me lol.

I see your point on balancing tactics. I don't really agree, but your point is valid nonetheless.
    No worries, was just FYI-ing my mentality of a counter class, to each his own.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Telaran

Eradicate can remove 2 buffs, Fulminate can remove 7k HP. But my Rank 3 Rogue has only 6k.

Yeah seriously nerf eradicate, it give rogues something to do other then be free reknown for Pyros. Rogues should not be useful in a war front.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimen View Post
    Eradicate can remove 2 buffs, Fulminate can remove 7k HP. But my Rank 3 Rogue has only 6k.

Yeah seriously nerf eradicate, it give rogues something to do other then be free reknown for Pyros. Rogues should not be useful in a war front.
    Funny how someone who's 3 ranks higher than you can beat you.

They should look into nerfing that I suppose. Flip it around, make Rank 1's have a 500% damage and HP increase.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Trimen View Post
    I have 5K with full R6.

Something is wrong here....

Oh and Fulminate crits me for 2K (crit, mind you).
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    I have 5K with full R6.

Something is wrong here....

Oh and Fulminate crits me for 2K (crit, mind you).
    And the fireballs and follow up procs?
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    And the fireballs and follow up procs?
    Fireball crits me for 700~ and the " follow up proc" is Cynder what can't be used within 5 secs of a CD. Most pyros don't last 5 secs against a R6 rogue.

Seriously in 1.2, Rogue > Mage.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

The reason why people don't consider eradicate OP is because bad rogues are bad and they don't know what a ****ing amazing skill they're sitting on.

Then again they've had Anathema sitting there too and they still spec for whatever useless thing they're getting instead.

So they're bad and then complain as if it's the game's fault that they're bad. Sigh.

Anyway, for the five rogues ever that use Eradicate correctly, the skill can be balanced by increasing the number of buffs it removes to 3, and giving it a 6 second cooldown. Not nearly as effective in the sheer number of buffs it can remove, but more efficient for the GCDs it occupies. This changes the skill from potentially neutralizing the entire field, to neutralizing the MM's current victim, which is more in line with the soul's skillset.
    Last edited by Corian; 06-03-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Plane Walker

With the efficiency of HoTs and Orbs when off CD, an MM would literally have to SPAM Eradicate to keep them off, and would therefor never kill a healer. There's a guaranteed instant-tick when HoT is applied, which would be sufficient enough to heal through the auto shots.

Clerics need a nerf, but purge isn't the answer. Eradicate is lackluster where it needs to shine, and overpowered where it isn't needed.

For clarification:

Lackluster against heals.

OP against souls that RELY on specific buffs for mechanics to function, i.e Chloro.
    You're wrong about HoTs and this misconception is probably what prevents you from using this great tool. A Warden cleric can effectively keep up 3 HoTs:
    1. Healing Spray
    2. Soothing Stream. This one can have 4 stacks but as far as buffs is concerned it is a single buff. Which means with half a shot you remove all 4 stacks.
    3. Healing flood
    • The 4th HoT is usually not up, Healing current, because it has a 2 second casting time.
    • Also, if orbs are up any kind of damage from another person will burn them fast, so you don't need to do it yourself. In any case orbs stack in 3 and you remove all three stacks with half a shot.
    I said half a shot above because you remove two buffs per shot. Also keep in mind that your GCD is 1 sec, while the cleric is 1.5 sec. That means that you'll be more than two times faster in purging than he is applying them back. Also, no matter how much he tries to apply soothing stream stacks, you'll remove them with half a shot.

So seriously, eradicate is the primary Warden and Justicar hybrid killer right now. You're doing your team a disfavor if you're not using it.

Now, if two healers are trying to apply HoTs on the same person, then yes, you need to spam eradicate to keep up. But if you just noticed, instead of X amount of DPS dealing with one healer, you alone is keeping two healers occupied.
    Last edited by Xasapis; 06-03-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    You're wrong about HoTs and this misconception is probably what prevents you from using this great tool. A Warden cleric can effectively keep up 3 HoTs:
    1. Healing Spray
    2. Soothing Stream. This one can have 4 stacks but as far as buffs is concerned it is a single buff. Which means with half a shot you remove all 4 stacks.
    3. Healing flood
    • The 4th HoT is usually not up, Healing current, because it has a 2 second casting time.
    • Also, if orbs are up any kind of damage from another person will burn them fast, so you don't need to do it yourself. In any case orbs stack in 3 and you remove all three stacks with half a shot.
    I said half a shot above because you remove two buffs per shot. Also keep in mind that your GCD is 1 sec, while the cleric is 1.5 sec. That means that you'll be more than two times faster in purging than he is applying them back. Also, no matter how much he tries to apply soothing stream stacks, you'll remove them with half a shot.

So seriously, eradicate is the primary Warden and Justicar hybrid killer right now. You're doing your team a disfavor if you're not using it.

Now, if two healers are trying to apply HoTs on the same person, then yes, you need to spam eradicate to keep up. But if you just noticed, instead of X amount of DPS dealing with one healer, you alone is keeping two healers occupied.
    I'm not a Rogue. Played one to 40-something, didn't like it, moved on.

So now you're saying 1 Eradicate Rogue is effectively taking on not one, but two Wardens?!?

/Nelson laugh
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-03-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Fireball crits me for 700~ and the " follow up proc" is Cynder what can't be used within 5 secs of a CD. Most pyros don't last 5 secs against a R6 rogue.

Seriously in 1.2, Rogue > Mage.
    Yeah, cuz one fulminate at a 2k crit is effectively half the rogues health, + 2 800 fireballs + procs and bye bye rogue.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast