+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A lil help please.

Telaran

Default A lil help please.

My cleric is level 23 and and was in the Darkening Deeps dungeon for the first time (used the dungeon finder). Group was warrior, rogue, bard, mage, and myself. Everything was fine until the spider boss. Worked through the cocoon, but had trouble with the spider adds. Would always get 4 on me and they would interrupt my casting. Is there something I could do to reduce agro? Or am I just reliant on the other group members to keep adds off me?

Either your tank was bad and didn't pick the adds up or you weren't standing right behind the boss like you were supposed to be. If it's the latter, don't expect the tank to run around the entire room taunting adds off of you when you can simply stand close to him so all he has to do is aoe them.

Plane Walker

what level was the tank?

The only thing i could see happening is you are having to hammer heals since he is underleveled and building threat too fast.

And is DSM 23? i thought it was higher? If it is then you probably need to heal more than you should and generate extra threat with extra casts maybe?

Although DSM is a rough dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by XEshamX View Post
    what level was the tank?

The only thing i could see happening is you are having to hammer heals since he is underleveled and building threat too fast.

And is DSM 23? i thought it was higher? If it is then you probably need to heal more than you should and generate extra threat with extra casts maybe?

Although DSM is a rough dungeon.
    Is DD, not DSM.

If you are well positioned, is your tanks fault. If there are too many adds, is your DPS fault

Rift Disciple

A thought came to me while reading this thread, does Rift have heal agro, I remember in eq1 that could at times be a real pain, but not sure if such a thing exists in Rift. If not, avoiding agro as a cleric should be pretty easy.
    Last edited by Tierr; 06-03-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Soulwalker

Yes Rift has major heal Agro all a healer has to do is hit 2 AOE heals in a row and he will rip the mobs off a tank that is not paying attention. kinda of have to gauge how experienced the tank is before you go spamming heals like crazy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tierr View Post
    A thought came to me while reading this thread, does Rift have heal agro, I remember in eq1 that could at times be a real pain, but not sure if such a thing exists in Rift. If not, avoiding agro as a cleric should be pretty easy.
    Yes, there is heal aggro

It doesnt seem full value though, if that makes sense(if a dps crits for 1k and i crit heal for 1500, the heal wont always pull aggro)

Try chloro healing, toss a natures touch on the pull and see if everything and its brother wont try to kill you while the tank frantically hits everything he has to get them back.

+ Reply to Thread