+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are the best "pure" support combos?

Default What are the best "pure" support combos?

I'd suspect mainly from mage and rogue as tanks and clerics are more about tankin/healin/deeps.

I played a bard in beta and rather enjoyed it. Right now I'm playing a stormy/ment combo - great for soloing and dungeon deeps. I've generally always played tank or cleric but want to branch out and try something new - which is why I'm doing pure deeps for the moment, but I do enjoy the support role. So, I'm thinking Archon/Dom, and/or Bard/Something rogue. This soul would strictly be or dungoens/raids to bring utility support to the group. I'm not interested in him being a rockstar, just making everyone elses job easier and make them shine. Thanks!
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Depends. The most standard mix would be Bard/NB/RG, unless you want to go the melee/Deadly Dance route and do bard/nb/bd.

Prophet of Telara

51bard and 51archon are both invaluable to a raid.

i love bard but do keep in mind our gear really does not impact our usefulness in a raid, which is frustrating.

Half of the time I enter into a dungeon wioth my lowbie cleric (which I queue as tank/support/dps), I end up as support. You can add some DPS + nice aoehealing

EDIT: But yeah, for pure support, go full bard or full archon. For 5mans you can go chloro/archon and act as healer and support at the same time
    Last edited by Erhnam; 06-03-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks. I'm cruious if anyone is playing a Archon/Dominator hybrid or is there too much overlap or not enough synergy between the two.

Also are Archons prefered for support over Dominators in general - again, just for PvE dungeons/raids?
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Thanks. I'm cruious if anyone is playing a Archon/Dominator hybrid or is there too much overlap or not enough synergy between the two.

Also are Archons prefered for support over Dominators in general - again, just for PvE dungeons/raids?
    Dominator is more CC related, and not really meant as support I believe. More of a PvP spec.

+ Reply to Thread