+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does eradicate have an animation?

Plane Touched

Default Does eradicate have an animation?

When it removes a buff from you, I mean. I've been targeted by MM's and watched my buffs vanish, but I've never seen anything on my toon/a noise/an effect that actually indicates that I'm being debuffed. Am I just not paying enough attention?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    When it removes a buff from you, I mean. I've been targeted by MM's and watched my buffs vanish, but I've never seen anything on my toon/a noise/an effect that actually indicates that I'm being debuffed. Am I just not paying enough attention?
    It has a unique projectile effect, but no animation on impact.

Plane Walker

a chloro or justicar hitting their keyboard in frustration?
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    a chloro or justicar hitting their keyboard in frustration?
    This.

<Name> has left the raid.

The only telltale sign you're being Eradicate'd is the purple arrow trails. Well, that and your buff bar rapidly shrinking.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Plane Touched

Not sure if you hear this when on the recieving end of Eradicate (I've had it used on me once... I noticed when I casually checked my buff bar after a WF and noticed my poisons were not on me after going VS a MM throughout the WF) but at least when casting there is an electric sound and then a purple trail (If using a bow, guns don't have a trail)

The biggest clue in should be your buffs dissapearing, the fact you are getting squishier or the MM you see firing repeatedly at you without you taking damage.

Xsi

The hey, that ranged guy over there shooting me and I'm not taking any damage is not an indication enough?

It's a purple trail arrow or shot effect that is fairly easy to identify that it is being used on you. If you're in the thick of it, it's easy to miss the effect like sabo charges though.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    most good MM drop barbed shot on u first.. and it makes a wierd noise each time it ticks when ur moving. so thats an easy way to tell if ur prolly going to get eradicated or already have been. a good example is say it's 10 on 10 and ur taking damage but u dont know who or from what and u move to get a better position and hear the barbed shot tick u know its a MM on you. and then u notice ur LGV is gone. always a good idea to keep ur eye on ur buffs and debuffs anyways. but this helps.

best times to check for your LGV buff
    when a warrior is on you
    when a spell caster is channeling his purge.. easy to see
    when a MM is on you

turn on "icon display" in combat txt options. and get to know what each icon is.

i never have too many problems with it. and i bind LGV too "x" something easy to hit for re application

edit: i also heard somewhere that when u are dispelled it dispells whatever spell u FIRST cast and then works its way towards the newer ones. not sure if this is true. but i always reapply LGV last in my buff rotation at the start of a match. then later if i have many buffs from raid i'll reapply it. not sure if this is helping me but if it is its something worth noting
    Last edited by Fizbini; 06-02-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Sez

The arrow has a unique look to it when fired.

>>>QQQQQ->
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbini View Post
    most good MM drop barbed shot on u first.. and it makes a wierd noise each time it ticks when ur moving. so thats an easy way to tell if ur prolly going to get eradicated or already have been. a good example is say it's 10 on 10 and ur taking damage but u dont know who or from what and u move to get a better position and hear the barbed shot tick u know its a MM on you. and then u notice ur LGV is gone. always a good idea to keep ur eye on ur buffs and debuffs anyways. but this helps.

Actually, any halfway decent MM is going to try to roll Barbed shot on you, so thats a bad indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Actually, any halfway decent MM is going to try to roll Barbed shot on you, so thats a bad indicator.
    I think this person is attempting to say that some MM don't have Eradicate. Say, for instance, they have more points in Ranger. You will get the Barbed shot, on some occasions, and no Eradicate will follow.

Telaran

I'm almost sure eradicate has an animation similar to the barbed shot one when it hits. Also has an "electric" sound when it hits the target.

Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    the arrow has a unique look to it when fired.

>>>qqqqq->
    ROFL
    Priceless!
    Last edited by Milen; 06-03-2011 at 01:59 AM.
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post

>>>QQQQQ->
    MUAHAHAH... on the spot !

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post

>>>QQQQQ->
    This thread crits! lmao

Sez

Hehe, thank you, gentlemen.

/bow
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread