+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Increase HP POOLS PLZ

Default Increase HP POOLS PLZ

I think any skill that Rapes Half my hp in one hit should be considered Op. how do you fix Most of the op problems? simple buff the current hp pool on armor. getting hit for 2500 dmg from a mage fireball spam of death is ******ed. and the thing is it wouldnt even be that bad if your current hp supported it. as it stands right now almost every class has the ability to 2-3 shot some 1. 3 shotting is crap for pvp im sitting at 20% dmg reduction on my rogue and still get 2-3 shotted and i do the same its just not fun.

Rocks says paper is OP. Scissors says Nerf rock.

Shadowlander

With my mage, my current highest Fulminate crit is just over 4k with the red ball. Awesome.

However, i have lost count the amount of time a rogue has opened up from stealth with a 2-3k crit and then several 1k crits in the space of time far faster then i can cast a fireball and Fulminate.

I accept that if i get jumped by a rogue, i'm going to have a tough time. I think you shoudl also accept that if a mage can build up 100 charge and cast a 2 sec fireball without you being able to interupt or stun - your going to have a tough time.

I do agree slightly (read SLIGHTLY) higher HP pools would be better. Although i realise as a R2 mage that will come with gear at R6.

Plane Walker

Did you know the rank of the mage that nuked you?

What about his gear?

I find those 2 items plus redball will make the difference.

Its like the fresh level 50 complaining about getting 1 shotted all the time then complaining here about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets View Post
    I think any skill that Rapes Half my hp in one hit should be considered Op. how do you fix Most of the op problems? simple buff the current hp pool on armor. getting hit for 2500 dmg from a mage fireball spam of death is ******ed. and the thing is it wouldnt even be that bad if your current hp supported it. as it stands right now almost every class has the ability to 2-3 shot some 1. 3 shotting is crap for pvp im sitting at 20% dmg reduction on my rogue and still get 2-3 shotted and i do the same its just not fun.
    No, getting one shotted isn't fun.

The problem is that for every spec you go there has to be a tradeoff, you can't expect to be DPS specced and sit on 6-8k HP. There is already options in place to reduce being killed in seconds, the options are there to take or to leave, the choice is yours.

As a rogue you could go deep defensive Inf, you could go deep RS for the high HP and shields, you could go BD for the passive dodge, you could go Sin for slip away. There are hundreds of differen't soul combinations to choose from, either defensive or offensive. You can't have both.

I played 51 point assassin for ages and was a glass cannon unless slip away was off CD, but thats what i expect. If im going to have the burst of assassin i cant expect to have all the shifts of a RS aswell, or all the invulns of NB, or the passives of BD. Since MM have come to predominance in the rogue calling i have respecced from 51 Assassin to deal with them, i now play sin/bd/sab. I don't have the burst i had before but i have more tools in the bag to deal with kiters, that was the tradeoff and i accepted it and got on with the game.

If a particular class is giving you trouble the you can have a role to counteract them.
    Personaly, i find that one role that fills many needs is better than having a role for each occasion, this is mainly due to my age, i get mixed up with skills if i have too many roles, i prefer to master one lol
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

PvP ..... ya

Shadowlander

Bigger HP is NOT the answer.

Take it from WoW it was a mistake through the expansions to put such huge increases of health on gear.

It starts with one simple increase, then people will whine about not being able to take people down fast enough, then damage will get a buff to scale with health. then the whiners come back in force about being one shotted by people again.

It's a vicious cycle.

As people have said above If you let a mage get to 100 charge and let him keep casting things your gunna get used as a mop. The only time ive ever been crit anywhere near 4k is because i dueled a r6 mage with full r6 and GSB gear.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeScream View Post
    However, i have lost count the amount of time a rogue has opened up from stealth with a 2-3k crit and then several 1k crits in the space of time far faster then i can cast a fireball and Fulminate.
    It takes 1 second to cast those skills with Heatwave up

Rift Disciple

Simply giving everyone more health brings in an even bigger problem when healers are introduced. If the option of CCing a healer and bursting down the dps in a few seconds is gone, it makes healing even more powerful. People are already complaining A LOT about healing in pvp, especially clerics and how healing does not down scale like damage does with valor. There is no answer. Frankly, balancing these games for pvp is impossible where the majority of the player base is happy. There are simply too many variables. That's why I stick with FPS and RTS games for pvp, where randomness and variability is much smaller.
    Last edited by Bruin; 06-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by allucia View Post
    Bigger HP is NOT the answer.

Take it from WoW it was a mistake through the expansions to put such huge increases of health on gear.

It starts with one simple increase, then people will whine about not being able to take people down fast enough, then damage will get a buff to scale with health. then the whiners come back in force about being one shotted by people again.

It's a vicious cycle.

As people have said above If you let a mage get to 100 charge and let him keep casting things your gunna get used as a mop. The only time ive ever been crit anywhere near 4k is because i dueled a r6 mage with full r6 and GSB gear.
    Wow's problem with scaling is they did it with expansions. Which made all content except the newest expansion something you leveled through and not played in.

Games that try to balance PVE and PVP rarely get both aspects right(the best ones are only close). If you want a game that is completely balanced for PVP, play something that is entirely based in PvP(as in no pve servers).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jebasiz View Post
    Wow's problem with scaling is they did it with expansions. Which made all content except the newest expansion something you leveled through and not played in.

Games that try to balance PVE and PVP rarely get both aspects right(the best ones are only close). If you want a game that is completely balanced for PVP, play something that is entirely based in PvP(as in no pve servers).
    But people won't accept this...
    They expect that a game can be perfectly tuned for both pvp and pve, which is a ridiculous notion if you hope to maintain any sense of uniqueness between the classes. Some classes will simply counter other classes. If you want pvp, play a FPS or RTS game, a game that is specifically designed for pvp.

Increasing the size of HP pools would increase the time it takes to kill someone. This would increase the value of healing in PvP because there'd be more time to take more healing.

The next step would be to adjust the healing. When such a large portion of heals nowadays go to overhealing, bigger bars would allow healing to be more efficient, and would need to be countered. Healing would need to be nerfed.

This would throw off the healing balance in PvE. When a certain amount of damage is taken, it takes a certain amount of healing to overcome that. With weaker heals, everyone would have to take less damage for the encounters to remain at the same difficulty. It would require going through and rebalancing the damage of every PvE mob, boss, and damaging effect in the game, or giving players more damage mitigation tools (which is something that was just taken away).

Back in PvP, CCing a healer would be much more advantageous than CCing someone else. During the CC, the healer's allies would get low on health, and the healer would have to work very hard to bring their health back up after the CC wears off. Meanwhile, CCing a DPS wouldn't make as big a difference since they would no longer be capable on their own of taking you from full health to dead in a matter of 2-3 seconds.

To summarize, balancing PvP around slower kills would require a balanced nerfing of all healing, a balanced nerfing of all NPC & mob attacks and damage effects, and a balanced reinvention of all CC effects.

In short, it would change everything.

I haven't seen anything that suggests the development team is willing or capable of going through all this work for a result that may alienate more people during the process than it might retain by eventually reaching balance.

Ascendant

I have to agree with the OP.

The game was designed around 51 points not 66. With 66 points you have lots of ways to boost your damage up beyond what was intended and very very few to boost your health or survivability.

The OP's point is very valid. The health pool does not support the amounts of damage many dps classes can dish out.

Increased HP pools messes with burst dps classes and makes healers even more powerful.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Get PvP gear and stop whine about damage.
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets View Post

Uhhh no. This isn't WoW where people are running around with 13k hp pools, f that nonsense. Perhaps YOUR GEAR is the problem? I'm sorry but 20% valor isn't cutting it. You're probably going against rank 6 people with tier 3 purple or orange weapons. Step your game up and get higher rank and get better gear. I will however agree with you that GEARED mages with the RED BALL who spec Pyro or SC are a bit over the top.
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast