+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best duo to pair with a pyro mage?

Soulwalker

Question Best duo to pair with a pyro mage?

Hello,
    I'm new to rift (been playing for about 3 days now). I've gotten my wife interested and she's going to start playing, too.

I figure I'd roll a new character to play with her as she levels up (my "main" is a lvl 17 chloro/lock/necro).

I know my wife will want to play a mage, more than likely a pyro... my question is, what would be a good character for me to team up with her?

When we played WoW, I had a prot warrior that I rolled with her with, but with the so many ways to play different classes makes me think that just playing a plain ol' tank & spank duo might seem a little mundane in a game where there is SO MUCH GOING ON.

I'm open to suggestions, please feel free to suggest something and why you think it would work well.

Thanks!

h87

Soulwalker

If you go with anything with 14 points in justicar to get reparation and righteous mandate you can get creative with either druid/shaman or inquisitor

Soulwalker

Make sure to use the referral system, that way you get the puppy

my wifey and i do sab and justicar. sure it would work just as well for the pyro.
    just have a chloro spec ready for the 3person quests u will come across, or similar hardies...

Soulwalker

I found this build here that I think I'll go for... thanks for the tip on Justicar, it looks like it will suit our needs well with her Pyro.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...sqeekRR.Mcd.VM

Oh, and btw, I did do the refer-a-friend. ;)

Any further tips would be much appreciated! I'm not necessarily looking for a healer/tank spec, either. Just something that will give us little downtime and decent survivability for harder quests and lower lvl rifts.

Thanks again,

h87

questing - no probs at all if she gets 0pts in elem for tank pet, and u get faerie just for extra. plus its kinda fun working as 4, especially when the dumb pet AI agros something lol.
    grinding - make sure shes gives u time to get agro before shes goes full tilt. but have fun watching everything before u melt! (think sab may do the aoe better, but thats just me)
    dungeoning/grouping - make sure the wifey WANTS to be with other gamers!! cant stress this enough. hahaha

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    dungeoning/grouping - make sure the wifey WANTS to be with other gamers!! cant stress this enough. hahaha
    LOL, yeah, she's actually more social than I am in MMOs :P

Soulwalker

Anyone else have any suggestions other than Justicar?

Plane Touched

What's better than 1 mage? 2 mages of course.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xPencilx View Post
    What's better than 1 mage? 2 mages of course.
    Haha, I considered that, I guess it depends on whether she wants to play Defiant or Guardian.

I may just roll another chloro/lock/necro if she decides to roll the opposite of what I have already... it just means we'll be fighting over gear :P

You can have multiple different specs so nearly anything works. You can really be two pure dps builds and then switch to tank spec + heal spec for the toughest encounters.

As mentioned, Justicar (with shaman or inquisitor for more damage) can solo just about and content in the game designed for 3 or less people. So with one of those, the other person can be full dps.

+ Reply to Thread