+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How would you like to the classes

Soulwalker

Default How would you like to the classes

I'm posting on how i would like to see the classes become post how you would like to see them

Warriors
    Tanking Spec - best tank the go to tank
    DPS spec - just below rouges in melee dps and little but not alot of ranged dps
    Support - needs some buff to boost ether group physical damage or physical resist
    Healing - 1 to 3 self healing abilities and maybe a OH **** heal to use on raid/group member

Rouges
    Tanking - good single target tanking relieing on parry/dodge
    DPS - Best Melee/physical ranged DPS
    Support - some group buffs that buff groups Physical damage or resist off set from warriors
    healing - some healing but not enough to solo heal a T1 zone

Mages
    Tanking - little to no ability high magic resist maybe enough to tank a T1 pure magic casting mob
    DPS - Best magic dps
    Support - some group buffs that buff magic damage or resist
    Healing - some healing but not enough to solo heal a T1 zone

Clerics
    Tanking - good at group mobs relieing on parry/blocking
    DPS - good magic damage not as high as mages though
    Support - group buffs the buff magic damage or resist off set from mages
    healing - Best healer

PvP would like to see classes set up so they can beat one class but lose to another
    Warroirs>rouges rouges>mages mages>clerics clerics>warriors

I like how the system is where classes can do some but not all of everything cause if everyone could do everything the game would be boring after leveling only 1 charater

How would you like to see the classes?

Rift Disciple

Was gonna make some smartarse comment, but went with answering seriously. I personally like how the game is now, but some of the changes you propose would also please me. I think your Mage ideas don't need doing, cleric changes would be good, rogues could probably work as well and the warrior ones aren't too bad either. however, I can live with the game in it's current incarnation, as I don't pvp and I am very casual about my gameplay

Plane Touched

How would I like to see the classes?

Warrior:
    Tanking - No more capable than any other calling at tanking, but has multiple builds that have different playstyles.
    DPS - At the same level at melee rogues, also removal of SLI and having it incorporated into warriors base damage to allow for DPS specs that don't go at least 2 Paragon...
    Support - Similar usefullness as the other 3 Support souls
    Healing - Just self heals (Put lower into trees to allow use when leveling) that help with some tank builds and when leveling.

Rogue:
    Tanking - No more capable than any other tank, has an easier time with certain fights due to mechanics (Teleports and constant absorbtion (Rather than chance to block))
    DPS - Melee rogues to do the same damage as DPS warriors, ranged rogues to do competetive ranged damage (Not the as high as casters) but with other utilities such for fights that need movement and other stuff (Such as a spammable purge and easy to use silence and the like)
    Support - How it is at the moment, just with a bit of a tweak to motifs to make it more fun and engaging to play.
    Healing - How it is at the moment.

Mage:
    Tanking - How it is at the moment.
    DPS - High ranged damage, both single target and AoE. Multiple useful DPS specs that do equal damage that only differ in playstyle.
    Support - Both support souls to be useful in T1, T2, T3 and PvP. (Yes mages have 2 support souls... Archon + Dominator)
    Healing - How it is now (Being able to solo heal T1 + T2 and being valued in raids) doing high single target healing and minor AoE healing easily.

Cleric:
    Tanking - Up to par with other tanks, no better or worse at being a tank than a warrior/rogue. Possibly having a few niches that their mechanic appeals for (The self healing) outside of just clearing trash without a healer.
    DPS - Up to par with mages, perhaps reduced slightly if they go for some offheals in their DPS build
    Support - How it is at the moment, DPS with nice off-heals is often a nice thing to have in 5 mans.
    Healing - All healing souls to be equal just with differing playstyles. Perhaps also a long (5-10 minute) mana regen CD to help with long fights that mana potions just don't go far enough in.

Basically I want the classes to be balanced so that you can just play what you find funnest... Rather than X calling being better at Y or X soul being best at this or that...

Just because a calling has 4 tank souls doesn't mean that they should be gimped if they wanted to use the callings mechanic with 3 of the non tank souls to DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Ikiba View Post
    I'm posting on how i would like to see the classes become post how you would like to see them

Warriors
    Support - needs some buff to boost ether group physical damage or physical resist
    Healing - 1 to 3 self healing abilities and maybe a OH **** heal to use on raid/group member

Rouges
    Support - some group buffs that buff groups Physical damage or resist off set from warriors

Mages
    Tanking - little to no ability high magic resist maybe enough to tank a T1 pure magic casting mob
    DPS - Best magic dps

Clerics
    healing - Best healer

PvP would like to see classes set up so they can beat one class but lose to another

I like how the system is where classes can do some but not all of everything cause if everyone could do everything the game would be boring after leveling only 1 charater

well.. its not so simple as you put it, you would give mages a tanking soul, but it can only tank T1 pure magic bosses? if you give mages a tanking soul then it has to be at least a full magic tank (think void knight)

and you say rogues have the highest melee/ranged physical and mages have the highest magical damage, which is higher? they are already both the highest magical/physical but it matters which is higher

there are numerous other issues i won't go into with your post (what did mages and clerics ever do to you?)

my ideal would be that no class would be the "best" at anything, but each class would have its own spin, simmilar to how it is now but more balanced and flexible

for example, cleric tanks best at physical bosses, rogues best at magical, and warriors most flexible/ best aggro

mage heals best at single target, cleric heals most flexible /best group heals / oh shts

for support, i'd like to see archons and bards differentiated more and i'd like to see warlord made into a full on support soul (not tanking)

and as far as dps goes, mages should have highest ranged dps, rogues should have highest melee dps but they should both be equal. clerics should be slightly less than mages in ranged and slightly less than rogues in melee, warriors should be slightly less than rogues in melee and still have a semi-decent ranged option

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    Basically I want the classes to be balanced so that you can just play what you find funnest... Rather than X calling being better at Y or X soul being best at this or that...

Just because a calling has 4 tank souls doesn't mean that they should be gimped if they wanted to use the callings mechanic with 3 of the non tank souls to DPS
    I believe this to be the only viable choice for changes to the current classes and soul system.

eliminate the need for alts

warriors should have best tanking, best melee dps, best ranged dps, a full paladin healing soul, a full warlord support soul

rogues should have best tanking, best melee dps, best ranged dps, a full ranger healing soul, a full bard support soul

clerics should have the best tanking, best melee dps, best ranged dps, well they already have the best healing and amazing justicar support

mages should have an amazing tank soul (some type of transform into a demon type thing), best melee dps (said dmg should be able to dps), best ranged dps, and keep their insane healing and support souls

basically if you choose a calling, you should be able to do EVERYTHING in that one calling with insane diversity and still be able to top dps if you spec for it for both melee and ranged. also melee should do more dps than ranged period, but all class should be able to achieve the same max theoretical number and have the same max ranged dps. and it should NOT be with a pet, pet dps builds should be equal to non pet dps builds and pvp should be balanced around the pvp soul. basically cut all player dmg and healing in half and force the pvp soul to make the difference.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

How I would like to see the classes.

Warrior

Dead

Rogue
    Double dead. Sit/stand/sit

Mage
    DPS/Tank/machine gun nuker

Cleric
    Dead, then undead, then i cast a heal spell and it dies again.

I want to see...

Warrior souls scaling better.

Rogues reducing their overall energy consumption.

Clerics get a reduction to self heals.

Mages in something frilly.

Sez

If everyone can do everything, why even have a calling in the first place?

Get rid of callings, open up all the souls, and have people mix and match from any calling.

Bottom line: Be careful what you wish for.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ts117 View Post
    Mages in something frilly.
    They already wear dresses and carry around a french tickler for a staff... They can't get much frilly-er
    Last edited by Sez; 06-01-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shadowlander

Basically this^

Telaran

Warriors

Rouges

Mages
    DPS - Best magic dps

Clerics
    healing - Best healer

Seems like it would be more like WOW. No, thanks. A tank should be able to tank, a healer to heal, support should be able to support, and dps should, well, you know. Your theory about it getting boring after one character is false. Tanking as a warrior would get boring after a while, so you could level a rogue tank for variety, then the cleric tank is still waiting when that gets boring, then you could go back to your warrior, again. Variety is the spice of life.

+ Reply to Thread