+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion, we need Synergy between souls!

Rift Master

Default Trion, we need Synergy between souls!

Ok well back in beta I remember saying this wouldn't happen but I have to admit I was wrong. I admit that even though we have tons of combinations of soul builds most players (I'm some what guilty of this myself) are flocking to the forum builds. Rarely do I see anyone using a build I didn't see on the forums. I think the issue is (besides the fact that people don't want to do their own testing and leg work) is while we have 8+1 souls they don't all work well together. At least with Rogues. This tends to limit the combinations. The Saboteur might as well be a class of it's own because it doesn't play well with other souls at all. But the SIN on the other hand plays well with every soul under the Rogue.

What I would love to see Trion do is work on the synergy between souls. The single soul buffs just don't work (aka charge boost and others) in a 3 soul system. Things like increased Explosive Power should be made to work with other souls. I think Trion will find people will come up with more combinations if souls work better together.

You mentioned the Charge mechanic for mages that goes across all of their trees, rogues have the combo pt system, same with warriors. Clerics are the ones that do not have a baseline mechanic that spreads across ALL trees.

That aside, more synergy is always a good thing imo

Imo Cleric healing needs to be toned down and support classes (Bards, Archons...etc...etc) Need more synergy with clerics to help them out. Basically rework support roles for pvp.

Sounds good to me if that change would also allow me to hand my cleric in for a mage since they can mainheal and actually bring some buffs and dps to the table.

Cleric Main Healers spend 66 points to heal the way they do, Chloro's do not, pretty sure none go over 32 points which leaves 34 pts for more dps or buffs.
    Last edited by Oblixt; 05-31-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oblixt View Post
    You mentioned the Charge mechanic for mages that goes across all of their trees, rogues have the combo pt system, same with warriors. Clerics are the ones that do not have a baseline mechanic that spreads across ALL trees.

That aside, more synergy is always a good thing imo
    I wasn't speaking about the combo point system for Rogues.. I was talking about Charges for Saboteurs. It's there attacks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Oblixt View Post
    Sounds good to me if that change would also allow me to hand my cleric in for a mage since they can mainheal and actually bring some buffs and dps to the table.

Cleric Main Healers spend 66 points to heal the way they do, Chloro's do not, pretty sure none go over 32 points which leaves 34 pts for more dps or buffs.
    The other 32 points as chloromancer usually go towards more dps.

More dps is more heals.

In a raid setting, this is almost always 32 points warlock, we get stuck too.

I agree in general, Konji. I have a sneaking suspicion that as the game progresses and gear has greater stats on it that those first 5 points in Sab are going to become must-have for a lot of builds. I already use it with my Bladedancer build to give me a ton of Dex (something like 650 self-buffed).

That build also has the +15% poison talent from Assassin so my Blast Charge/Detonate combo packs a little more punch in PVP when I do decide to use it.

Another thing that makes the Sab difficult as a pairing is the uniqueness of the charge mechanic. There's nothing else that functions like it in the game.

Personally, I would love if my Marksman could use a couple more of the traps from the Saboteur tree but most people just neglect the traps entirely since they're pretty lame as far as damage goes.

The sad bottom line is, there will always be a few "best" DPS combinations and people will flock to those regardless. With so many souls and callings and combinations, it's almost not possible to keep damage corralled all together within a nice, neat range.
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

+ Reply to Thread