Closed Thread

Thread: Ranger pets and maximum levels???

Shadowlander

Default Ranger pets and maximum levels???

Am I the only person finding it odd that the Lesser Razorbeast you recieve as a root ability with 0 points used can obtain a max level of 23, while the Lesser Dire Wolf you recieve at 10 points spent can only obtain a max level of 21??

I find it disturbing that pets have a level cap at all. Shouldn't they stay at player level? Brings back memories of a few other mmo's with severely underpowered pets.

Shadowlander

I guess the point is to make you sacrifice points to get a usefull pet at max level, but the fact that points spent get you a pet with a lower level cap seems like an error.

Are you sure that's not only the "rank" of the Ability?
    I recall, playing with my Mage (Elementalist), I had to train my "Earth Elemental" skill for the maximum level to increase.
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

If you have to spend more points to get a lower level pet then someone may be broken. I'd bug report that.

Otherwise, the idea of capping pet levels is to make sure that people interested in having high level pets had to invest points to get them. Without that system you could have a max level pet for 0 points.

Shadowlander

Root ability 0 points:
    Call: Lesser Razorbeast
    Calls forth a Lesser Razorbeast to aid the Ranger. The maximum level of the summoned pet is 23.

Root ability 10 points:
    Call: Lesser Dire Wolf
    Calls forth a Lesser Dire Wolf to aid the Ranger. The maximum level of the summoned pet is 21.

You be the judge.

There are rank upgrades you buy from trainers as you level. However if you want the full Razorbeast rather than the lesser then you have to spend a bunch of points in Ranger.

This level is completely irrelevant as it goes up when you rank up the skill at your trainer.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Also note the maximum level of the pets appear to go up with the numbers of points spent in the tree and with skill ranks. They did it so that if you invest points in the tree your pet gets better rather than getting a nice powerful pet just by taking the 0 point. As for the case above. give that i assume its being checked with the 10 points in it, have both been trained up to their current max rank ?

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Wow.

Ranks are available every 2 levels from a class trainer. Sometimes you get a lot of new ranks, sometimes not so many. When you get to character level 22, new ranks will open up for many skills.

Make no mistake, your level 0 abilities will have the same rank at level 50(provided you pay the trainer a bit of gold) whether you have zero points in the tree or 51 points in the tree.

The max rank is where it is now due to level cap of 20.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan View Post
    Wow.

Ranks are available every 2 levels from a class trainer. Sometimes you get a lot of new ranks, sometimes not so many. When you get to character level 22, new ranks will open up for many skills.

Make no mistake, your level 0 abilities will have the same rank at level 50(provided you pay the trainer a bit of gold) whether you have zero points in the tree or 51 points in the tree.

The max rank is where it is now due to level cap of 20.
    The max level of the pet itself changed when you put points in to your talent tree. Go try it, we compared a reset pet class tree and one with points in, no difference in ranks.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Closed Thread