+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Warrior or Rogue???

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Warrior or Rogue???

    witch class is better late game??? please help.
    Last edited by rikkii; 05-30-2011 at 07:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    If you want survivability, and sustained dps, go warrior.
    If you want stealth and burst, or just train assist the target, go rogue.
    In PvP, a warrior with pocket healer is way more dangerous than a rogue with a healer.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlientShadow View Post
    If you want survivability, and sustained dps, go warrior.
    If you want stealth and burst, or just train assist the target, go rogue.
    In PvP, a warrior with pocket healer is way more dangerous than a rogue with a healer.
    Warrior has very little survivability outside of a tank spec, and has the absolute worst PvP Sustainable DPS in the game. All someone has to do is break one snare and move, and the Warrior cannot catch them. For PvP, rogue does everything a warrior does only better... and gets to turn invisible.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-30-2011 at 08:58 PM.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Flaymar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    804

    Default

    best in what instance? play what you enjoy

  5. #5
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Warrior in Rift is pretty balls at pvp unless you have a healer to keep you up. Go rogue.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Im a warrior and ill tell u to pick Rogue. Like one of guy said before Rogue can do everything what warrior can do but better and some stuff what warrior cant do like range dps and support!

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Milen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Got a lvl 50 warrior and a lvl 24 rogue, you can do well with Warrior too but it's much more difficult and you will need to spend a ****load of money on retraining and testing builds and quite a lot of time reading in the forums on builds and general advice.

    Playing with the rogue is smooth and easy like singing trololololo in comparison. I'm talking about any marksman-based spec. I actually topped (1st to 3rd place) all WFs in the 10-19 bracket and the 20-29 bracket even at levels 11 and 20. I'm not saying this to boast as I'm not that good - it's just really easy. Of course, having the experience from my lvl 50 character is a huge advantage over most players in the low-level brackets who are playing theirs for the first time. However, the Rogue is still three times easier.

    The melee rogues are a whole different story though, I don't find them stronger or easier than the Warrior. No wonder that 90% of the Rogues in Warfronts are Marksmen currently.

    All that being said, have it in mind that one can never know what will happen in future patches, which class will become the overpowered FOTM and which will eat the nerfbat. It might so happen that you've just leveled a lvl 50 rogue, gotten used to pwning everyone without too much effort, and suddenly everything becomes three times more difficult. On the other hand, if you've studied, mastered and geared an underpowered class which gets boosted, you will destroy most opponents.

    Summary: Warrior is currently more difficult but you can still do well, although it won't happen immediately. Marksman Rogue is generally stronger and easier to play. You can never know what will happen in the future patches, so just pick whatever you fancy, study it, roll with the punches, always try to adapt and improve, read the forums and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Milen; 05-31-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    retired

  8. #8
    Era
    Era is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milen View Post
    Got a lvl 50 warrior and a lvl 24 rogue, you can do well with Warrior too but it's much more difficult and you will need to spend a ****load of money on retraining and testing builds and quite a lot of time reading in the forums on builds and general advice.

    Playing with the rogue is smooth and easy like singing trololololo in comparison. I'm talking about any marksman-based spec. I actually topped (1st to 3rd place) all WFs in the 10-19 bracket and the 20-29 bracket even at levels 11 and 20. I'm not saying this to boast as I'm not that good - it's just really easy. Of course, having the experience from my lvl 50 character is a huge advantage over most players in the low-level brackets who are playing theirs for the first time. However, the Rogue is still three times easier.

    The melee rogues are a whole different story though, I don't find them stronger or easier than the Warrior. No wonder that 90% of the Rogues in Warfronts are Marksmen currently.

    All that being said, have it in mind that one can never know what will happen in future patches, which class will become the overpowered FOTM and which will eat the nerfbat. It might so happen that you've just leveled a lvl 50 rogue, gotten used to pwning everyone without too much effort, and suddenly everything becomes three times more difficult. On the other hand, if you've studied, mastered and geared an underpowered class which gets boosted, you will destroy most opponents.

    Summary: Warrior is currently more difficult but you can still do well, although it won't happen immediately. Marksman Rogue is generally stronger and easier to play. You can never know what will happen in the future patches, so just pick whatever you fancy, study it, roll with the punches, always try to adapt and improve, read the forums and you'll be fine.
    People are starting to get smart and focus-firing marksman now (or so it seems since I die nearly the instant I show myself)...so not going with the "FOTM" class can have some success. Sure, play the specs so you get a feel for their strengths and weaknesses so you can take them down easier, but in the end it's up to how you want to play.

    Want to get in someone's face and smash them with a big sword? Go warrior. Want to sneak up on a caster and see lots of crits while stunning the victim? Assassin is for you. Want to stay at max range but at the same time be the primary target? Marksman.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

  9. #9
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Rogues are free bloodthirst procs. Only spec that isn't the case are those melee "I refuse to die and ******* I am going to kill the Fang Holder before my immunity runs out" builds. This was the case when gear was even. It's absurd when you outgear them. They're as squishy as mages.

    Warriors are underpowered in solo, fresh 50 play. You will suffer, alot. But I honestly love how I can tank very well, switch specs and crap out alot of DPS in PvE, and turn around and be a wrecking ball.

    I've tried to roll alts but I don't want to play anything else.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Milen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    People are starting to get smart and focus-firing marksman now (or so it seems since I die nearly the instant I show myself)...so not going with the "FOTM" class can have some success. Sure, play the specs so you get a feel for their strengths and weaknesses so you can take them down easier, but in the end it's up to how you want to play.

    Want to get in someone's face and smash them with a big sword? Go warrior. Want to sneak up on a caster and see lots of crits while stunning the victim? Assassin is for you. Want to stay at max range but at the same time be the primary target? Marksman.
    God knows my hands always itch when I see a Marksman with my Warrior, I'm guessing most other players also love to focus them. But, at least in the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets, I feel quite OP with the Rogue, especially vs. Warriors. Perhaps this will change at higher levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox
    Rogues are free bloodthirst procs. Only spec that isn't the case are those melee "I refuse to die and ******* I am going to kill the Fang Holder before my immunity runs out" builds. This was the case when gear was even. It's absurd when you outgear them. They're as squishy as mages.
    I am only halfway through rank 2 yet and I already feel a noticeable improvement, so - yeah, I'm guessing at ranks 5/6 it will be a whole different story.
    Last edited by Milen; 05-31-2011 at 04:12 AM.
    retired

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts