+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what is top burst in pvp now since 1.2?

Telaran

Default what is top burst in pvp now since 1.2?

In the lower levels I still seem to be doing well with bursts with Sab and my pyro is doing good to.

Was wondering what the top burst souls are at 50 now?

Mage by far.

Rift Master

Elementalist/Stormcaller/Archmage can put out the biggest hit. In b4 Fulminate.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Elementalist/Stormcaller/Archmage can put out the biggest hit. In b4 Fulminate.
    With what, exactly?

Intensify Elements + Static Flux + Debuffed Enemy + Lightning Strike crit.

The problem with doing ^ is that Fulminate is instant cast, doesn't require an hour of set up, and hits almost as hard.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Stupid 5 minute rule.

Actually going to hand the vote to Pyro here. Fireball-->Fulminate-->Firestorm/Flamebolt-->Inferno is more than Lightning Strike-->Lightning Field. Both chains will hit an enemy all within .5 seconds.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Ven
    Telaran

2,3,4k Instants. Mage. No contest. Mage insta-kills are almost as bad as Cleric never-die.

And for the a-hats saying "how come premades aren't stacknig clerics?" .... they are. Atleast in our battlegroup. Funny to see at the end tops kills our side.. 2-4, top kills their side... 50-60. ROFL.

Patheticly one-sided and obvious as heck when one side has a bunch of cleric.

Throw in some Mages for insta-killing and no one bothers to leave the graveyard after a while. No point.

Shield of Telara

Definately a caster class, since more classes have mitigation against physical damage.

That said, on my Marksman since 1.2, if I have the red wing buff + words of war trinket going, I can burst about 6k in 4 seconds, as long as it's not against a tank.

Soulwalker

Single target burst is definitely a pyro with the crit moddifier talents in the archmage tree. The main downside to them is that if they don't end the fight fast they lack real survival.

For AoE burst I'd say cabalist since the more targets there are the more damage they do. Its not uncommon at all for them to be able to oneshot people with a bit of setup.

auto crit.... bolt of depravity, sanction heretic (both hit at the same time) OBLITERATE!!!!

Without red ball: MM > Pyro > Sin > Champ > Cab > Inq

With red ball: Pyro > Cab > Inq > MM > Sin > Champ

Only debate on this question is which spec of mage. Still pyros for my 2 cents. A friend fulminated someone for 8k with the powerball and an archon buff. And doesn't even have most of his R6 gear yet.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Stupid 5 minute rule.

Actually going to hand the vote to Pyro here. Fireball-->Fulminate-->Firestorm/Flamebolt-->Inferno is more than Lightning Strike-->Lightning Field. Both chains will hit an enemy all within .5 seconds.
    No.

Lightning Strike-->Icy Carapace-->Lightning Field > your sequence, it's simple mechanics surrounding chance to crit on all those skills.

Fulminate sequence spends a full charge bar and 45s cooldown.
    Lightning Strike sequence needs debuffing which you're doing anyway, and essentially has no cooldown.

Outside of the burst sequences, the SC/Ele build performance is far better as well.

The perfect team setup: half clerics, half mages. You will skilfully outplay any team.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    The perfect team setup: half clerics, half mages. You will skilfully outplay any team.
    That is until an enemy team stacks void knights. Oh wait, they can't catch you.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast