+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Physical Crit

Default Physical Crit

So would this be more for warrior/rogues or mage/clerics?

Can somebody possible link me something that shows what runes would best go with what? thanks

Rift Disciple

Melee clerics use it, but they get it from spell crit, so they wouldn't want to stack phys crit directly. Mages wouldn't really want it at all. Rogues and warriors can use it, and it's perfect for some souls, but others don't need it. Tanking and support souls won't really get much out of it, and it'll likely replace other useful stats that do more (like replacing attack power for bards for example).

Think of phys crit as something usually for melee dps, then add bows/guns to it, and you're set.

Ok awesome thanks!

Would bards get any use out of it since their ability damage is based off of their weapon value? i.e. weapon plus Life damage?
    Hamcat Elora Vishten Selara Tadlos Hamacus Felonia Jenkins Jones Hamelora Nelvana Shambala Port Koliak and my GIMP Tunarri
    Altaholics Anonymous poster child. But one time or another every PvPer on every shard has died at least once by my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Would bards get any use out of it
    Yes. Bards use all the same stats other rogues do.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Would bards get any use out of it since their ability damage is based off of their weapon value? i.e. weapon plus Life damage?
    yes, but being healers, they would more than likely stack attack power instead, constant vs spike returns.

Telaran

In general (based on hard work that others have put into analyzing):
    1. if you're looking at healing for any class that can do so, AP/SP is better because it gives consistency vs. spikes
    2. If you're looking at mage damage, SP is better than SC in almost all circumstances. Depending on your build the value can be anywhere from 1 SP = 4-8 SC. Enough so to call it a rule, as those rare situations where crit is better are hard to build for and the person doing such is going to know what they're going after.
    3. If you're looking at war/rog damage, it's roughly 1 AP is worth 1.8 PC. Some builds and gear can depress this value down to as low as 1.5. Since Trion itemizes as 1 AP = 2 PC, crit gear tends to be valued higher.
    4. If you're a war/rog, AP and PC affect all your abilities, the fact that the stat is named Physical Crit and you're dealing Non-Physical Damage has no bearing and really just serves to confuse people. Talents within tree's that specify physical or non-physical though, DO matter.

http://riftcompendium.com/runecrafting/recipes/
    Excellent resource for comparing runes to item slots.

+ Reply to Thread