+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Keep your DR Just give me my 66 points.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Lord Eggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default Keep your DR Just give me my 66 points.

    There are quite a few warrior talent points which have been made quite near useless with the addition of DR. I'm not posting to complain about how DR should work, just that these abilities are no longer worth talent points and should be reconsidered.

    Improved Freeze Armor With DR in effect the +20% fire debuff is subject to the same, if any duration.

    Forced Recon 25% chance on hit-behind snare. Not that it was great to begin with but 5 points for this talent is a joke now.

    In addition abilities with micro root effects should be reconsidered. Riftwalk, Rift Summon, Shield Charge, Bullrush All of these abilities have a 1.5-2 second root effect which counts on DR making any ground covering ability the warrior uses cost 1 CC effect. putting us 1 down at all times in terms of DR counts.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Now that you've done your rant, I would like you to take a look at the Dominator tree. You think you have it bad, just about the whole tree is about CCing.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Vandrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Hailstorm: Creates a Hailstorm over the targeted area, dealing X Water damage over 6 seconds. Affected enemies suffer from Hypothermia and have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 10 seconds.

    Flash Freeze: Blasts the enemy and up to 10 other enemies within 7 meters with deadly cold, dealing X to Y Water damage and freezing them in place for 8 seconds. Damage done may remove the effect.

    Arctic blast: Blasts the enemy and up to 10 other enemies within 7 meters with ice, dealing X to Y Water damage, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds and causing affected enemies to suffer from Hypothermia for 10 seconds.

    thanks storm callers! you just made everyone immune to snares and roots for 15 seconds!

    the CC changes were more ******ed than Adam gershowitz idea of removing forts and RvR from warhammer online and making it a "4 ppl swing the ram every 10 seconds" game.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    You're missing the point of the thread - SC aoe cc is fine, it is abilities you need to invest points in that become more useless in this current game.

    Example of OP: You have a talent you can invest 5 points in to have a chance (5/10/15/20/25%) to slow an enemy when hit from behind. If you specced this, two hits from behind would cause the enemy player to be come immune to the 3rd hit, making this talent useless. (Or at the very least, making better snare spells useless)

    I'm sure other classes have similar talents (NOT SKILLS) that are made redundant for spending points in.

    In the long run however I rather have low CC durations (and a DR system), so they only need to readjust the talents in some of these trees.
    Last edited by Cedwyn; 05-29-2011 at 04:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Deioth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Now that you've done your rant, I would like you to take a look at the Dominator tree. You think you have it bad, just about the whole tree is about CCing.
    Oh, really? ONE Tree? Try the whole damn calling.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

    Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Redô's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post
    Oh, really? ONE Tree? Try the whole damn calling.
    Are you implying that ALL mages have it bad?
    Friends are like potatoes. When you eat them, they die.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post
    Oh, really? ONE Tree? Try the whole damn calling.
    Sorry, but no calling is nullified by the DR changes. The Dominator Soul, however, is almost completely useless. It is never used in PvE and in PvP it can't really do anything anymore, minus a few spell reflects. Oh joy! A 51p tree that does next to no DPS, can't CC due to the changes, that can really only Reflect Spells! WooT.

    I still see Warriors, Rogues, Clerics, and Mages doing just fine in PvP/PvE, but there isn't a single soul other than the Dominator that's only purpose was CC.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Don't forget Vengeance of the Frozen Earth in the Shaman tree, you add a DR stack on every hit!

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Now that you've done your rant, I would like you to take a look at the Dominator tree. You think you have it bad, just about the whole tree is about CCing.
    Yes, but you can always spec Pyro.

    You see all those warriors with swords and shields running around, spamming red and blue lasers every 4 seconds, being ignored by everyone except for the one person kiting them while DPSing a threatening target with instants? Yeah, those ones typically rocking as many killing blows as deaths and typically having half to 1/3 the damage as the top DPS in the WF?

    Yeah, those exist because that's the best PvP spec for Warriors right now under Rank 6. Don't talk to me about Dominators... our PvP tree is worse than Dominators for PvP.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-30-2011 at 01:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    Yes, but you can always spec Pyro.

    You see all those warriors with swords and shields running around, spamming red and blue lasers every 4 seconds, being ignored by everyone except for the one person kiting them while DPSing a threatening target with instants? Yeah, those ones typically rocking as many killing blows as deaths and typically having half to 1/3 the damage as the top DPS in the WF?

    Yeah, those exist because that's the best PvP spec for Warriors right now under Rank 6. Don't talk to me about Dominators. ;)
    I'm sorry, but Warriors lose what? The ability to Snare targets? If the damage portion is getting the "Immune" message then it's a bug, report it as such. The whole point of the Dominator tree is Crowd Control. Due to the DR changes it is completely useless with the exception of Spell Reflects and a select few very low damage spells. Everything else in the Dom tree is about CC ranging from Snares to Confuses.

    Again, just because you can't snare players doesn't mean your calling is useless. I get rocked by Warriors that know how to play their class regardless of being immune to snares. Ranged classes still have to stand and cast, if they're mobile they're doing nothing. Even my Necro/Lock/Chloro only has 3 instants, 4 if you include the Ground AoE that is super easy to avoid, the rest has cast times or channeled times that allow Warriors/Rogues/Clerics to have more than enough time to unload on me.

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I'm sorry, but Warriors lose what? The ability to Snare targets? If the damage portion is getting the "Immune" message then it's a bug, report it as such. The whole point of the Dominator tree is Crowd Control. Due to the DR changes it is completely useless with the exception of Spell Reflects and a select few very low damage spells. Everything else in the Dom tree is about CC ranging from Snares to Confuses.

    Again, just because you can't snare players doesn't mean your calling is useless. I get rocked by Warriors that know how to play their class regardless of being immune to snares. Ranged classes still have to stand and cast, if they're mobile they're doing nothing. Even my Necro/Lock/Chloro only has 3 instants, 4 if you include the Ground AoE that is super easy to avoid, the rest has cast times or channeled times that allow Warriors/Rogues/Clerics to have more than enough time to unload on me.
    Warlock/Necro/Chloro is, bar none, the best dueling combo in the game. If you can't handle a warrior 1v1, you're doing it so wrong I can't even begin to correct you.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    Warlock/Necro/Chloro is, bar none, the best dueling combo in the game. If you can't handle a warrior 1v1, you're doing it so wrong I can't even begin to correct you.
    I didn't say I can't beat Warriors with my build. I said they have no problem staying on me. The main bread and butter spell a Necro/Lock/Chloro has is Soul Purge and that has a channeled time. That's a guaranteed 8 seconds of me standing there, if it doesn't get interrupted.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I didn't say I can't beat Warriors with my build. I said they have no problem staying on me. The main bread and butter spell a Necro/Lock/Chloro has is Soul Purge and that has a channeled time. That's a guaranteed 8 seconds of me standing there, if it doesn't get interrupted.
    "Hey, I didn't say I couldn't slaughter them... I'm just saying they have no problem staying on me while I stand their and melt their face."

    I think I just got totally trolled.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    "Hey, I didn't say I couldn't slaughter them... I'm just saying they have no problem staying on me while I stand their and melt their face."

    I think I just got totally trolled.
    Your whole argument is that Melee classes can't stay on Ranged to do damage. You then try and change it to "your spec is great at 1v1 fights!" My spec doesn't magically change the fact that Warriors can stay on me which is what you're QQing about. Just because I can beat a Warrior that is right on me doesn't mean his whole Calling is useless.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Your whole argument is that Melee classes can't stay on Ranged to do damage. You then try and change it to "your spec is great at 1v1 fights!" My spec doesn't magically change the fact that Warriors can stay on me which is what you're QQing about. Just because I can beat a Warrior that is right on me doesn't mean his whole Calling is useless.
    My argument is Warriors, in their present state, are the worst calling in PvP. Whether folks kite us to high heaven, or just stand there and blow us away... is irrelevant.

    Your argument is: "My spec slaughters Warriors 1v1... but I can't kite them!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts