+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can PvPrs only play FOTM classes?

Rift Master

Default Can PvPrs only play FOTM classes?

it seems after every patch the WF change in classes.

A few weeks ago it was all Mages & clerics.. Now its all Rogues and Clerics.

Do PvPrs not have the skills to stick with one class, and only go after the class were they dont need skill to play?

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post

Do PvPrs not have the skills to stick with one class, and only go after the class were they dont need skill to play?
    Odd.. every single time I'm in a WF I see the same 4 classes.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

im sure its just all the people that play rogues who havent been pvping, now suddenly are interested in pvp because they are FOTM

same with mages in 1.1, there is the same number of mages as before, they were just more interested in pvping since they were OP

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    im sure its just all the people that play rogues who havent been pvping, now suddenly are interested in pvp because they are FOTM

same with mages in 1.1, there is the same number of mages as before, they were just more interested in pvping since they were OP
    The rogues have always been there, its just now they can actually do enough damage to be noticed by people...

All those favour scores you saw pop up on your screen as you walked across the map? Yeah they were the rogues :P

Shield of Telara

Apparently Clerics are always FOTM even after being completely nerfed every single patched since beta.

Shield of Telara

The defiant side on my server cluster has always been 90% rogues and warriors. It's like a miracle when we have a cleric in our group.

Rift Disciple

Well since most premades run Pain train Warrior groups I'd say no.

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Orikx View Post
    Well since most premades run Pain train Warrior groups I'd say no.
    There's only a few of these. Most of the more popular and successful premades are running healing-focused groups now.

Most PvPers do not change class with every patch. Some do. Most do not. Gear/grind investment in notoriety is a large reason for that. The difference is you are seeing what you want to see.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    There's only a few of these. Most of the more popular and successful premades are running healing-focused groups now.

Most PvPers do not change class with every patch. Some do. Most do not. Gear/grind investment in notoriety is a large reason for that. The difference is you are seeing what you want to see.
    The ones that roll healing focused are just pug stomping. They will immediately get rocked by a good DPS assist train premade. Healing premades only work against people that don't focus well, hence pugs. Warrior assist trains can chew a person up under heavy healing in under 10 seconds and move to the next. Healing premades are easy mode for some maps like BG because it's easy to keep the fang holder alive. But a pug with lots of healing can win against a healing focus premade in those situations too. So assist train is better because they just slaughter everything and keep the fang near the back where no one can get to it.

Xsi

The ones that roll healing focused are just pug stomping. They will immediately get rocked by a good DPS assist train premade. Healing premades only work against people that don't focus well, hence pugs. Warrior assist trains can chew a person up under heavy healing in under 10 seconds and move to the next. Healing premades are easy mode for some maps like BG because it's easy to keep the fang holder alive. But a pug with lots of healing can win against a healing focus premade in those situations too. So assist train is better because they just slaughter everything and keep the fang near the back where no one can get to it.
    Inquisitor (cleric switches role) = end of melee train. Add Overload and no contest.

No doubt that /assist trains are very effective though.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

You wont see me son changing my class ....im play a up rogue that with my skill i make it op and people cry ...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Apparently Clerics are always FOTM even after being completely nerfed every single patched since beta.
    And yet they are still the only gods amongst mortals, aside from loleradicate kiters.
    Last edited by RamzaBeoulve; 05-27-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    EU - Whitefall - Rhamza
    EU - Bloodiron - Ramza

Telaran

Love these posts, the ones that try and validate a class being poor in pvp by highlighting one rare instance where they get owned by the class that's doing poorly as reasoning why the class is fine overall.

As the next poster quite correctly pointed out, melee assist trains in premades are easy to handle with a role swap of one of your clerics to inquisitor.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahd View Post
    Love these posts, the ones that try and validate a class being poor in pvp by highlighting one rare instance where they get owned by the class that's doing poorly as reasoning why the class is fine overall.

As the next poster quite correctly pointed out, melee assist trains in premades are easy to handle with a role swap of one of your clerics to inquisitor.
    I do have to say that my melee assist train will make you dead regardless of your spec. All of our purges from VK and off GCD procs and it doesn't matter how much healing your team has.

Champion of Telara

It's true no matter what people say that the majority of people either change classes or change specs to FoTM.

And you can blame currently overpowered classes and FoTM's for it too.

Because every time someone mentions an overpowered class/spec the people in those specs will sit there and tell everyone else - they just need to spec in the FotM themselves. And if you don't spec in those FoTM specs, then you are "bad" at the game by default.

Bring up hard to kill clerics. Well see, that's just because you are a bad noob, as all you need to do is roll marksman with eradicate to beat them is what they tell you. Because this 1 FoTM shuts down this other FoTM. And if you won't change to the FoTM then that's just more evidence you aren't a good player.

Seriously go right now and look at Pyro's, Marksman and Clerics threads. The current FoTMs will always point to the other FoTM classes as to why they are "balanced". Followed in with some "teambased game" and stories/scenarios of how a group of FoTM classes owned them.

Meanwhile the people who are trying to make other specs viable/balanced and worthwhile just get called "baddies" and whatever other slang they copied off someone else that they think makes them cool. Look at me mom - I'm doing it.

Oh, you can't kill a cleric 1vs1? You suck. That pyro guy ate my lunch. That marksman stripped all my buffs then crit me for 2k. etc.

Basically, you need overpowered to beat overpowered, and thus the plight of the FoTM. And of course, no shortage of people who just need such boosts to be viable at all.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast