+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why take away class abilities?

Default Why take away class abilities?

I understand why going into stealth should make you drop a fang/flag. But why using other damage negating abilities? They have a cool down, its not like you could continuously do it. next are we not going to be able to use sprints? or plane shifts? All these are ways you can use your imagination to get said object back to your base. i mean seriously! your taking away different ways of holding or carrier the flag. jeez

Telaran

Look ma, it's a Riftstalker that just realized he'll start having to rely on team-mates to win now.

Sword of Telara

Well because the powers that be decided that the ability was to powerful or being abused.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Riftstalkers were unstoppable...so they were nerfed to be stoppable. Nothing wrong there, right?
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Shield of Telara

You can still teleport, teleport again, then sprint. You just can't pick up the stone with 10 people standing around it attacking you.

It was removed to balanced the classes more. What was removed was very OP.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Riftstalkers were unstoppable...so they were nerfed to be stoppable. Nothing wrong there, right?
    Totally bro. It's not like there was any way to purge buffs off people.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    You can still teleport, teleport again, then sprint. You just can't pick up the stone with 10 people standing around it attacking you.
    Yeah, I admit I did this myself, and it was funny. But, that is not what the complaint is about. I agree about not being able to pick it up while immune, as it is/was cheap. However, not being able to use a 2 minute cooldown defensive move that only works for 3 seconds if you already have the thing, is stupid.

+ Reply to Thread