+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Classes finally balanced

Default Classes finally balanced

For once I feel ok with all of my alts, as all of them perfomr well. My rogue main is successful, and so is my warrior alt. Eradicate needs a nerf, but everything else is perfect
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I think eradicate from rogues need to be tunned down with an cd and clerics surviability need to be balanced..

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    I think eradicate from rogues need to be tunned down with an cd and clerics surviability need to be balanced..
    Hey Hey, no ninja'ing this thread with your general beef of clerics.

i too like the balance. I dont think its going to get much better without breaking something else.

However since the changes for PvP's sake I think damage output in Dungeons has suffered. How often do you see a mage top the leader board in an instance if there is a rogue or war there?
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Ya know I find it funny that the one thing that can counter clerics people want to nerf.. I was in WF today, and we could not kill anyone because of all the healing that was going on. Even with silences and healing debuffs. This new ability is just what the doctor ordered to take down all those clerics that cant be taken down any other way.

Soulwalker

I still have major issues with rogues. Frankly I think I need a good guide to them, which if anyone has one Id appreciate it. All in all though as a warrior, cleric and mage I don't feel all that unbalanced anymore. Hrmm clerics are a odd topic in general because I can kill them quite easily with tons of different builds ,specifically warriors and rogues. What I don't seem to get is why as a cleric I can kill almost anyone. There seems to be a certain lack of understanding in the general population how many weaknesses clerics have.
    Last edited by Jahnri; 05-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    For once I feel ok with all of my alts, as all of them perfomr well. My rogue main is successful, and so is my warrior alt. Eradicate needs a nerf, but everything else is perfect
    It was better balanced at launch than it is now..

Mages still 5000 hitting people.

Rogues now killing almost ANYONE before stun wears off.

Balanced? Not even close.. Clerics are still useless because they can't outheal the insane burst of classes now. It's all still a hideous mess.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Ah, just took rogues getting buffed into the FotM for...rogues...to be happy with the balance.

Champion of Telara

Contrary to the OP's assertion, balance is not perfect yet.

Cleric survivability needs to be toned down a bit. Warrior survivability needs to be increased a bit. Erradicate needs to be toned down (and Rogue dps needs to be monitored to see make sure it was not buffed too much)i. Mage souls need a bit more synergy.

They are on the right track, but not there yet.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Shadowlander

Warriors need some survivability and there needs to be separate dr's for each cc.

Champion

Play a Dominator, and tell me the games Balanced.
    (Note, I'm not saying they are OP, just the opposite.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    Ah, just took rogues getting buffed into the FotM for...rogues...to be happy with the balance.
    Bingo.

I love how rogues keep comming out of the woodwork proclaiming everything is all so balanced now that they can kill anyone they want with near impunity.

You won't find many players from the other three callings agreeing with the OP.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rank 6 (Healing) Clerics are super hard to take down period. 2 Rank 6 DPS with healing debuffs even with Eradicate have a hard time killing one.

- Full Valor = 30%+ damage reduction from players
    - Healing is NOT diminished, unlike the damage
    - Spamming Eradicate, a Cleric can still put on hots faster than anyone can strip them
    - Almost ALL PvP healing is INSTANT cast
    - AOE Healing, Healing stacking + Overheal buffs = unkillable
    - Detaunt lasts 15 seconds = even more time to run all the way across the maps healing (can't be striped)
    - Stack 2 of these and bamm.......they aren't going to die unless you bring 6+ guys

Anyone that contests these points:
    A. Have never seen a Rank 6 Healing Cleric
    B. Play a Cleric
    C. Run in a Premade that actually focus fires the Cleric
    Last edited by Cal_KC; 05-26-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    Rank 6 (Healing) Clerics are super hard to take down period. 2 Rank 6 DPS with healing debuffs even with Eradicate have a hard time killing one.

- Healing is NOT diminished, unlike the damage - All it takes is 1 champion's healing debuff to drop heals by 50%, as it isn't dispellable.
    - Spamming Eradicate, a Cleric can still put on hots faster than anyone can strip them - Cleric GCD is 1.5 seconds. Rogue GCD is 1 second. By the time a cleric applies 2 hots, a marksman can strip 6.
    - Almost ALL PvP healing is INSTANT cast - Purifier instant cast heals are fairly weak. Their shields can be purged. Justicar instant casts require convictions(requires ATTACKING and building up convictions using a buff, which can be purged). Warden hots/orbs can be purged. You're left with Sentinel, 1 instant cast heal on an 8 second cd and a buff to make the next heal instant cast. Unless a heal is used directly after the buff, it can be stripped.
    - AOE Healing, Healing stacking + Overheal buffs = unkillable - 'Overheal buffs' can be purged. AOE healing is mana intensive and most has cast time, unless it's Justicar aoe, in which case the cleric would first need to build up convictions. To build up convictions, the cleric needs to have Cavalier running. Cavalier can be purged.
    - Stack 2 of these and bamm.......they aren't going to die unless you bring 6+ guys
    As a Rank 6 cleric, I don't find eradicate to be OP. If they're busy purging, they're not doing much damage. However, you're saying 2 DPS classes with heal debuffs and purges have a hard time taking down a cleric. You yourself are obviously new to PVP and have not had much experience. You cannot expect to take down a Rank 6 healer on your own, wearing greens from PVE content.
    Friends are like potatoes. When you eat them, they die.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post

- Full Valor = 30%+ damage reduction from players
    - Healing is NOT diminished, unlike the damage
    - Spamming Eradicate, a Cleric can still put on hots faster than anyone can strip them
    - Almost ALL PvP healing is INSTANT cast
    - AOE Healing, Healing stacking + Overheal buffs = unkillable
    - Detaunt lasts 15 seconds = even more time to run all the way across the maps healing (can't be striped)

Anyone that contests these points:
    A. Have never seen a Rank 6 Healing Cleric
    B. Play a Cleric
    C. Run in a Premade that actually focus fires the Cleric
    Correction: Warden has 3 instant cast HOTS (Soothing Stream, Healing Spray, Healing Flood). Purifier Has 1 instant heal. Sentinel has 1 instant heal on an 8 sec cooldown.

Have you ever fought a rank 6 warrior / mage / rogue? They don't seem to have much problem dropping P6 clerics when specced into burst builds...

Have a nice day

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moebro View Post
    It was better balanced at launch than it is now..

Mages still 5000 hitting people.

Rogues now killing almost ANYONE before stun wears off.

Balanced? Not even close.. Clerics are still useless because they can't outheal the insane burst of classes now. It's all still a hideous mess.
    What game are you playing? The only thing true is that rogue damage is way to high.

I completly agree with who ever said how often do you see a
    Mage on top as damage. You would think for a class that has no way of healing or form of defense that ours would be top then. Then a rogue since they have stealth tons of cc and can basically a im about to die so goodbye button. Then a warrior would be in 3rd not competing for first since they have armour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast