+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrior/Cleric/Mage/Rogue - Stats and what they "apparently" contribute to.....?????

Shadowlander

Default Warrior/Cleric/Mage/Rogue - Stats and what they "apparently" contribute to.....?????

Ok was getting a little annoyed with people about what stats are best for which Class so i decided to spend a couple of hours collecting all the data from my characters.

I then put all this into an Excell Spreadsheet and used it to work out what Primary Stats Str/Dex/Int/Wis/End contribute to which Secondary Stats AP/SP/PCrit/SPCrit/Dodge/Block etc etc etc

After all this i copied it into Word and have posted it into Scribd here http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/563...mruxqhg83x2txv

Now there are some GLARING problems (im pretty certain that there are no/very few mistakes) specifically im refering to Armor, Phys Crit, Sp Crit, Dodge, Parry. See for yourself.......

I think this also highlights the inherrent problems with gear eg Warriors needing Leather and Clerics Cloth - what should be the case is that Warriors Phys Crit should be eg 0.65% of Strength and 0.35% of Dex, Rogues 0.65% Dex/0.35% Str, Clerics SP Crit 0.65% Wis/0.35% Int, Mages 0.65% Int/0.35% Wis

or 70/30 or whatever %.

NB.
    Now let me say I am happy to correct ANY errors just post me your stats on the thread i will recalculate them and if they agree with what your telling me ill amend and repost the link.

Rift Disciple

oh boy, this thread is going to be interesting for the replies you get. Did you perhaps take into consideration gear, and what that does? (and why everyone wants to wear leather these days )

Quote Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
    oh boy, this thread is going to be interesting for the replies you get. Did you perhaps take into consideration gear, and what that does? (and why everyone wants to wear leather these days )
    Because its slimming?

Havus - 50 warrior - Gnarlwood
    Stark - 50 Rogue - Asphodel

Quote Originally Posted by Havus View Post
    Because its slimming?
    Hahaha - like Spanks!
    http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/391408/SigJulianna01.jpg

Rift Disciple

@OP,

Thanks, I've been meaning to gather this info from the various sources it is contained in. Now instead of gathering, I can concentrate on verifying. I'm not so min-max snobby - just want to make sure I'm doing things smartly. This will help.

-Saul

Shadowlander

lol - tbh i looked at Stats EG Strength and what it says when you hover over the stat - so for example my baby warrior has 42 Strength = 31 AP/42 Block/42Parry, 25 Dex = 6 AP/25 P Crit/25 Dodge (ps i did say hes a baby war)

To calculate per point simply divide the second number by the first number= hey presto

For AP/SP etc etc etc etc again i used the value from the Stats and using hover over it gives the modifier in X or X%

Rinse repeat a whole bunch of times and you get the numbers in the linky

As i said its pretty concerning regarding some of those numbers and, IF, they are all correct, a mage in full T2 dps gear will have approx 2229 Armour (79% of the armour of a full T2 dps Rogue 2810) but in reality the Mage receives 66.87/hit mitigation from physical damage a Rogue only 28.1/hit mitigation

Shadowlander

Default Moved????? Why & Where & FOR WHAT REASON

Apparently this has now been moved - i would like whoever moved it to give me a valid reason for doing so!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Paulb2905 View Post
    Apparently this has now been moved - i would like whoever moved it to give me a valid reason for doing so!
    Probably because it's about classes...

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease,
    I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace.

Rift Disciple

because now its exactly where it should have been to begin with, and now you'll get some real replies

Rift Disciple

Default OMG question marks????? and here comes the explanation mark!!

wait sorry, forgot the indignant title..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those numbers look very scary for my Rogue. However, I'm not sure that all the figures are accurate, or if they are even based on the right assumptions.

It looks to me like there might be a case of ratios being based on level, at least when it comes to translating the effectiveness of derived stats such as armor, dodge, crit, parry etc. (I'm guessing your Rogue and Mage are higher level than your Cleric and Warrior)

There may also be a case of diminishing returns.

That being said, I haven't really taken the time to verify this, although I do remember my crit % going down as I levelled, even though my stats remained unchanged...

Shadowlander

Rogue 50 Mage 21 War 10 Cler 12 i think without checking hmm diminishing returns on stats - that would be a very strange way to go in all honesty and immensely complicated.

The only area where i know there is "capping" involved is Hit/Focus in T1/T2's where its auto capped to 50 or 100 Raids are, i believe, uncapped period.

Rogue 50 Mage 21 War 10 Cler 12 i think without checking hmm diminishing returns on stats - that would be a very strange way to go in all honesty and immensely complicated.

The only area where i know there is "capping" involved is Hit/Focus in T1/T2's where its auto capped to 50 or 100 Raids are, i believe, uncapped period.
    The ratios look much closer once you factor level in, but the match isn't perfect so something else is also at play.
    As for diminishing returns, many MMO have soft and hard caps for stat effectiveness, with the relationship becoming non-linear once soft-cap is reached. It is complicated to get a fair formula, but once it's done, it's done.

Hit, Focus and Toughness all cap in raids, not just t1/t2.

A lot of your numbers are very wrong, because a lot of stats work differently depending on your level. 1 crit rating at level 50 increases your actualy crit percentage a lot less than 1 crit rating at lower levels.

At level 50, every stat scales linearly with the exception of Armor as far as I'm aware. So if you have 0 crit/focus/etc and add +1, you will see the same increase as if you went from 1000 to 1001. I'm not saying they have the same exact impact on your actual DPS linearly, but the stats themselves scale linearly.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Xsi

If this were true, why in the world would anyone play Rogue?

Tied for worst contribution from strength
    No better AP contribution from dexterity than (melee) Cleric
    Tied for worst contribution from endurance
    Worst contribution from Armor
    Worst contribution from Phys Crit
    Worst contribution from Dodge
    Worst contribution from Parry

You should be able to strip naked as a rogue and run around with a weapon with little variance.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast